Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am schedule to take the test on Oct 6th. Any advice? Is the testing hard?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
      You might want to double check your sources... First time I've ever heard of BPA's "automatically" jumping pay-scales to reach "journeyman" GS-12 from a GL-9. As I understand it their "journeyman" level is GL-9, that is automatic non-competitive "promotion", same as with CBPO's up to GS-12. Anything past that will be a competitive position...
      BPA's journeyman is GS12. They go from GL9 to GS11 to GS12 noncompetively. After GS12 it is competitive. Same as CBPO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
        Not that it is super thread-relevant, but while I was in, GS-11 was Journeyman and non-competitive while 12 was a first year supervisor. Now, GS-12 is Journeyman.
        This is interesting to see...
        In the time that I've been here, this is the first time to hear this, something new to learn every day...
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• For what it is worth...Many BPA's that have been in 20+ years all say the samething. BPA is for the young bucks, if you are young, do it. After you hit 45ish it takes it toll on you really, really...bad. Your joints start hurting etc. They say CBPO is where you want to be at that time because you dont have to do all the physical stuff. So that is why I chose CBPO instead of a BPA position. I am currently 29 btw.

Comment

• I wonder why most of he current applicants who received TO's from July testing are being scheduled for their VBT first before medical/PFT1? I'm guessing it really doesn't make much of a difference, although online it states that a BI doesn't commence until after medical/pft1. I guess it gives me some more time to practice push ups/situps, etc..

Comment

• No, No interview yet.... just test results (Aug 30, 2011) did you know how long i have to wait for the next step (T.O.) ???

Comment

• Waooo, nice bori.... they work fast down there??? what about the work location or GEO you select you duty station once you get the T.O.???

Comment

• I am happy to say its NOW official, I am going to fletc sep 27th! Thank you to everyone on this forum that has helped me keep the faith...

All these gov processes I was in were starting to wear down on me, I was having nightmares.

Best word of advice, forget you ever applied and do not worry about the job. When you least expect, the unthinkable will happen and you will get the call, whether it is a job with this agency or another!
                  CBPO
                  Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                  TO: 2/2011
                  Medical: 3/22/2011
                  PT Test: 3/22/2011
                  VBT: 3/2011
                  Background: 3/2011
                  Drug Test: 4/2011
                  Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                  PT Test 2: TBD
                  FLETC: Good Question lol
                  CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                  Info Session 9/2009
                  Interview 3/2010
                  COE 5/2010
                  Medical 5/2010
                  Fit/Background 7/2010
                  All clear as of 11/2010
                  FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by CheziM3 View Post
                    Yeap! everything is done here in PR.
                    Playero what up? I guess waiting lol.

As for me check this out ..... On CASS I got the message "referrer to Schedule EOD" since 8/22/11, but guess what? I thought it was taking a long time with all this calls going out and decided to email them asking for status (like what now?) and found out my VBT expired!!!! WHAT??? (Took back in '08) the funny thing is nobody told me but I knew something was up, this was last week lucky for me just got mailed new VBT on the 28th of September 8:00am/
                    BTW CONGRATS to all those receiving the call !!!!!

CBPO:
                    Exam: DEC10
                    Geo: Laredo, Tx.
                    NOR: JAN 2011
                    TO: APR 2011
                    Medical/PFT1: MAY 2011
                    Met with BI: AUG 2011
                    VBT: 2008 (schedule again for Sept 28,2011)
                    BI: AUG 2011
                    Drug Exam: AUG 25 2011
                    This is just another classic example of why we shouldn't let MHC "handle" things themselves. Whether MHC wants us to or not, each individual applicant has to stay on top of their own application. My own personal experience has been that with out a phone call or an e-mail from me regarding pending steps, my process would have stood still. Twice I was able to move steps from pending to complete with a simple phone call.

Comment

• damn...i switched my GEO last month from northeast to FLA...and I must have missed the TO's Score-96

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        This is interesting to see...
                        In the time that I've been here, this is the first time to hear this, something new to learn every day...
                        GS12 journeyman rolled onto the scene in August of 2010.

In early 2002, journeyman for Immigration Inspectors, Customs Inspectors and BP Agents was GS-09. There were limited competitive Senior positions that reached GS-11. There was actually a phrase "NFL" or "Nine for Life" to describe most inspectors/agents.

Funny how much changes in less than 10 years time, huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by playero36 View Post
                          loko soy de puerto rico de aguadilla llevo en este proceso desde dec 2010 ya tengo todo hecho pero me falta que lo marque verde en cass solo me falta el video, el dopaje y investigacion. ati te dieron entrvista despues del video pq ami no eso me tiene encojonao loko porque no se que paso si lo pase o no y 10 dias despues me mandaron la prueba de dopaje. Nose mucho gusto papa

Puertorro, I took the VBT august 29, and then they gave me the Structured Interview. Yo soy de Guayanilla. This is killing me, my investigator never sit down to talk to me, hell, I know the background is running but didnt heard from them.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
                            I am happy to say its NOW official, I am going to fletc sep 27th! Thank you to everyone on this forum that has helped me keep the faith...

All these gov processes I was in were starting to wear down on me, I was having nightmares.

Best word of advice, forget you ever applied and do not worry about the job. When you least expect, the unthinkable will happen and you will get the call, whether it is a job with this agency or another!
                            Congratulations! Let us know how everything in FLETC goes
                            CBPO
                            Test- 12/9/10
                            NOR- 1/07/11
                            T.O.- 4/1/11
                            Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
                            Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
                            Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
                            Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
                            Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
                            Pft2- ?
                            Eod- ?

Comment

• Originally posted by CheziM3 View Post
                              Yeap! everything is done here in PR.
                              Playero what up? I guess waiting lol.

As for me check this out ..... On CASS I got the message "referrer to Schedule EOD" since 8/22/11, but guess what? I thought it was taking a long time with all this calls going out and decided to email them asking for status (like what now?) and found out my VBT expired!!!! WHAT??? (Took back in '08) the funny thing is nobody told me but I knew something was up, this was last week lucky for me just got mailed new VBT on the 28th of September 8:00am/
                              BTW CONGRATS to all those receiving the call !!!!!

CBPO:
                              Exam: DEC10
                              Geo: Laredo, Tx.
                              NOR: JAN 2011
                              TO: APR 2011
                              Medical/PFT1: MAY 2011
                              Met with BI: AUG 2011
                              VBT: 2008 (schedule again for Sept 28,2011)
                              BI: AUG 2011
                              Drug Exam: AUG 25 2011
                              It is unfortunate you went through this, since I started this process I have been bugging them whenever I have a concern because I am afraid I will fall through the cracks.
                              CBPO
                              Test- 12/9/10
                              NOR- 1/07/11
                              T.O.- 4/1/11
                              Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
                              Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
                              Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
                              Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
                              Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
                              Pft2- ?
                              Eod- ?

Comment

• Originally posted by xtrider View Post
                                Puertorro, I took the VBT august 29, and then they gave me the Structured Interview. Yo soy de Guayanilla. This is killing me, my investigator never sit down to talk to me, hell, I know the background is running but didnt heard from them.
                                I'm also from Guayanilla but moved to north area now...
                                Good to know that there are PR's in this forum
                                CBPO
                                Exam: 12/2010
                                GEO: Texas West/N Mexico
                                NOR: Jan 2011
                                TO VRA: 3/2011 El Paso
                                TO: 4/2011 El Paso
                                Pre emp : Completed
                                Qualifications: Completed
                                PT Test: 4/2011 Completed
                                Drug Screening: not required
                                Medical: 4/2011 Completed
                                BI met w/ investigator 7/14 Completed 8/16
                                VBI: 08/12/2011 letter received 8/27 Passed
                                Change GEO,- Southeast 6/08
                                TSU 8/18/2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3196 users online. 252 members and 2944 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X