300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by j074202 View Post
    Hey rsx, I have completed everything except qualifications and waiting BI to clear as well. My timeline is posted as my signature, perhaps you have signatures disabled. Just in case here it is again:

Written test: Dec 2010
    NOR: 01/2011 - 95 (no vet.)
    GEO preference: MIA
    TO: 06/2011
    Pre-employment forms: sent 06/2011 - completed
    Qualifications - pending
    Medical 07/2011 - completed
    VBT/SI - 08/2011 – elegible, completed
    Drug Screening: taken 9/2011 - completed
    BI: met with investigator late 07/2011 - pending - in security office
    Fitness (PFT1): 07/2011 – passed - completed

If you hear anything let me know, looks like our timelines are almost identical.
    Yea our timeline is exactly alike i havent updated my timeline but everything has been exactly like yours and the only things I'm
    missing are the bi and quals looks like all the miami tos are on the same boat
    Test - 12/2010
    NOR- 2/2011-score 97
    TO- 6/2011
    Medical- 7/2011-Complete
    Physical- 7/2011-Complete
    Met with BI- 8/2011-Complete
    VBT/SI- 8/11/2011
    Drug Test ?

Comment

• I am from Boriquen too, so they did the entire process en la isla ?

Comment

• I am from Boriquen too, so they did the entire process en la isla ?

Comment

• Originally posted by rsx5045 View Post
          Yea our timeline is exactly alike i havent updated my timeline but everything has been exactly like yours and the only things I'm
          missing are the bi and quals looks like all the miami tos are on the same boat
          Yea.... now the thing is how many TO's were issued for X positions for MIA, IF there are any in the near future. I guess our only option right now is to sit, wait and find out eventually....keep me posted of any updates
          Written test: Dec 2010
          NOR: 01/2011 - 95 (no vet.)
          GEO preference: MIA
          TO: 06/2011
          Pre-employment forms: sent 06/2011 - completed
          Qualifications - pending
          Medical 07/2011 - completed
          VBT/SI - 08/2011 – elegible, completed
          Drug Screening: taken 9/2011 - completed
          BI: met with investigator late 07/2011 - pending - in security office
          Fitness (PFT1): 07/2011 – passed - completed

Comment

• Once BP Agents get past GL-9 they jump to the GS Scale for 11 and 12. All BP Agents that are Journeymen 12's are GS-12 step 1-10. I work with many BP Agents and I asked them. So it would not even matter once you are a 12...you both will be GS-12. The main diffrence will be AUO vs Copra. AUO pays 25% more per hour past 8 hours and Copra pays 50% more past your 8 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsakrl View Post
              AUO pays 25% more per hour past 8 hours and Copra pays 50% more past your 8 hours.
              Actually, AUO is a 25% of base pay bonus for working an average of 18.5 hours past the scheduled hours per pay period. After 18.5, you don't really get paid much. It's kind of a crappy deal.

COPRA actually pays double time. I'm unsure of the details.
              Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsakrl View Post
                Once BP Agents get past GL-9 they jump to the GS Scale for 11 and 12. All BP Agents that are Journeymen 12's are GS-12 step 1-10. I work with many BP Agents and I asked them. So it would not even matter once you are a 12...you both will be GS-12. The main diffrence will be AUO vs Copra. AUO pays 25% more per hour past 8 hours and Copra pays 50% more past your 8 hours.
                You might want to double check your sources... First time I've ever heard of BPA's "automatically" jumping pay-scales to reach "journeyman" GS-12 from a GL-9. As I understand it their "journeyman" level is GL-9, that is automatic non-competitive "promotion", same as with CBPO's up to GS-12. Anything past that will be a competitive position...
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                  You might want to double check your sources... First time I've ever heard of BPA's "automatically" jumping pay-scales to reach "journeyman" GS-12 from a GL-9. As I understand it their "journeyman" level is GL-9, that is automatic non-competitive "promotion", same as with CBPO's up to GS-12. Anything past that will be a competitive position...
                  Not that it is super thread-relevant, but while I was in, GS-11 was Journeyman and non-competitive while 12 was a first year supervisor. Now, GS-12 is Journeyman.
                  Gek.

Comment

• TO's for MIA

I tested on December 2010. My Geo is MIA. According to what I am reading here, they have sent TO's to the December 2010 testers. Am I the only one that has not received one yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by ToughGirl View Post
                      I tested on December 2010. My Geo is MIA. According to what I am reading here, they have sent TO's to the December 2010 testers. Am I the only one that has not received one yet?
                      Yes im a 2010 dec test taker and received a TO for miami on 06/2011 from what ive heard they sent out TOs for scores 90 and above
                      Test - 12/2010
                      NOR- 2/2011-score 97
                      TO- 6/2011
                      Medical- 7/2011-Complete
                      Physical- 7/2011-Complete
                      Met with BI- 8/2011-Complete
                      VBT/SI- 8/11/2011
                      Drug Test ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SD250R View Post
                        What are the dimensions of the Side-Step Test?

PFT1 coming up: I am practicing everything, but I don't know how much space to use for the side step test. Can anybody tell me what that is? I've look everywhere and I haven't found any measurements of the distance from the centerline.

Any help would be appreciated, even a guesstimate at this point would be better than nothing.

Thanks?

ps. Got notice that my VBT is at the end of October in SD.
                        Hey SD, did you already receive a date for PTF1 or are you just prepping? And good luck with the VBT; I have mine the 12th.

Comment

• Alright.

The GL pay scale ends at GL-10. Everyone above GL-10 is on the GS pay scale, CBPOs and BPAs alike. Both PAs and CBPO currently journeyman out at GS-12.

AUO is essentially straight time OT. The main benefit is it's largely guaranteed. 25% for an average of 10 extra hours per week, give or take. COPRA is double time overtime for anything over an eight hour day or 40 hour week. That's assuming a person hasn't agreed to an AWS. The main drawback to COPRA OT is that there's no guarantee. You might see 40 hour weeks or 60+ hour weeks...it all depends on the particulars of the needs of the port.

Comment

• Originally posted by saintpr25 View Post
                            I am from Boriquen too, so they did the entire process en la isla ?
                            loko soy de puerto rico de aguadilla llevo en este proceso desde dec 2010 ya tengo todo hecho pero me falta que lo marque verde en cass solo me falta el video, el dopaje y investigacion. ati te dieron entrvista despues del video pq ami no eso me tiene encojonao loko porque no se que paso si lo pase o no y 10 dias despues me mandaron la prueba de dopaje. Nose mucho gusto papa
                            This is my exact timeline:

Test: 12/10/2010 completed 82 no vet pref.
                            NOR: 05/02/11
                            Geo location:Laredo TX
                            TO: 05/25/2011
                            TSL:05/26/2011 completed
                            PFT1:07/05/2011 completed
                            Medical: 7/20/2011 completed
                            Grade GS-5: 08/05/2011 completed
                            BI: 8/5/2011 ???
                            VBT: 8/29/2011 ???
                            Drug Test: 9/9/2011 I know I'll pass
                            The call: ?
                            PFT2:?
                            EOD: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by saintpr25 View Post
                              I am from Boriquen too, so they did the entire process en la isla ?
                              Yeap! everything is done here in PR.
                              Playero what up? I guess waiting lol.

As for me check this out ..... On CASS I got the message "referrer to Schedule EOD" since 8/22/11, but guess what? I thought it was taking a long time with all this calls going out and decided to email them asking for status (like what now?) and found out my VBT expired!!!! WHAT??? (Took back in '08) the funny thing is nobody told me but I knew something was up, this was last week lucky for me just got mailed new VBT on the 28th of September 8:00am/
                              BTW CONGRATS to all those receiving the call !!!!!

CBPO:
                              Exam: DEC10
                              Geo: Laredo, Tx.
                              NOR: JAN 2011
                              TO: APR 2011
                              Medical/PFT1: MAY 2011
                              Met with BI: AUG 2011
                              VBT: 2008 (schedule again for Sept 28,2011)
                              BI: AUG 2011
                              Drug Exam: AUG 25 2011

Comment

• Another thing, CBP is actively looking into pay reform, to include switching PAs and upper levels of OFO management to LEAP, and GL pay for new CBPO hires.

If any of you are planning careers around the current compensations for either position, be prepared that they may be changing shortly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13147 users online. 231 members and 12916 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X