Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been following this forum since I took the written test in December 2010 and finally decided to join. My geo preference is Miami, FL. Any applicants waiting for MIA or any other location feel free to contact me. I know this is a very long process and it's great to have the forum to keep each other informed of the application process. Good luck to everyone
    Last edited by j074202; 09-17-2011, 09:45 PM.
    Written test: Dec 2010
    NOR: 01/2011 - 95 (no vet.)
    GEO preference: MIA
    TO: 06/2011
    Pre-employment forms: sent 06/2011 - completed
    Qualifications - pending
    Medical 07/2011 - completed
    VBT/SI - 08/2011 – elegible, completed
    Drug Screening: taken 9/2011 - completed
    BI: met with investigator late 07/2011 - pending - in security office
    Fitness (PFT1): 07/2011 – passed - completed

Comment

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
      So I am nervous. Happy to be done with the steps and just waiting on the call. My BI met me Tuesday and my report was already submitted and all references seen within one day!!! Wow. Anywhoos I thought I would be happy but truth is I am not in shape. It took me 25 minutes to do one and a half mile around the park track and that was running and walking. But i have only done it 4 days straight so thats pretty good. I am also faithful. whether I get up 6 am or 12 noon, I run. If I do not get to go druing the day, I wait till HUbby is home and go running in the parking lot late at night (midnight). I'm gonna get this. Just hope I am able to do the 17 minutes and master it before "the call."

Any advise on how to be quicker with my time if i am walking and running? I will have to build up to running completely, but that may take awhile. I can run half way around the track then walk then on and on.
      My 2 cents. First of all, I would recommend giving your legs a break now and then. Maybe run/walk 3 days a week and push it really hard on those days (don't forget the 220 yard dash). On the off days, include your situps/pushups with other normal exercise that pertains to your training. As you become more accustomed to each exercise, start incorporating them into the same day as your running with 10 minute breaks in between....then eventually down to 5 minute breaks in between.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
        My 2 cents. First of all, I would recommend giving your legs a break now and then. Maybe run/walk 3 days a week and push it really hard on those days (don't forget the 220 yard dash). On the off days, include your situps/pushups with other normal exercise that pertains to your training. As you become more accustomed to each exercise, start incorporating them into the same day as your running with 10 minute breaks in between....then eventually down to 5 minute breaks in between.
        I agree with you about giving the legs a break. So I will not run tomorrow but I will do the sit ups and push ups as you stated on the off days. Day one i had the pain in my legs, then my thighs day 2, now tonight i feel tightening in my stomach, so maybe i need to ease a little. Thought it was my body getting accustomed to working out so I decided to keep going, but my husband did say not to over do it. Wish me luck guys!!
        CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
        Test: 12/2010
        NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
        TO: 6/7/2011
        PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
        Equip: 6/13/2011
        FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
        VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
        BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
        Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
        Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
        Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
        got the call: 9/20/2011
        PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
        NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
        New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

• Originally posted by j074202 View Post
          I have been following this forum since I took the written test in December 2010 and finally decided to join. My geo preference is Miami, FL. Any applicants waiting for MIA or any other location feel free to contact me. I know this is a very long process and it's great to have the forum to keep each other informed of the application process. Good luck to everyone
          Hey jo im from miami and my geo pref is miami as well im a 2010 test taket and have already completed all the steps just waiting for my bi to clear on CASS how about u ?
          Test - 12/2010
          NOR- 2/2011-score 97
          TO- 6/2011
          Medical- 7/2011-Complete
          Physical- 7/2011-Complete
          Met with BI- 8/2011-Complete
          VBT/SI- 8/11/2011
          Drug Test ?

Comment

• Dimensions of the Side Step Test

Originally posted by SD250R View Post
            What are the dimensions of the Side-Step Test?

PFT1 coming up: I am practicing everything, but I don't know how much space to use for the side step test. Can anybody tell me what that is? I've look everywhere and I haven't found any measurements of the distance from the centerline.

Any help would be appreciated, even a guesstimate at this point would be better than nothing.

Thanks?

ps. Got notice that my VBT is at the end of October in SD.
            If you click on this link http://cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/custo...r/cbp_officer/
            it will take you to a CBP site with numerous links. Click on the icon listed as Pre-Employment Fitness test video. You can observe it first hand yourself there. However, to summarize it, it looks as if when one is in the center position, each outter edge of the side step test is approximately two strides. I would estimate it at approx 6-8 feet either direction of the center line.

Hope this helps.
            CBPO
            Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Guys I had a question about the annual pay increase between GS levels. So lets say you start out at a GS-7 and you go to Pre-Academy which could be up to say around 4 weeks, then FLETC (another 19 weeks), then for those of us that have to take the 6 weeks of espanol your looking at about 29 weeks. That is give or take a little bit about 7 months.
              If we are getting paid at the GS-7 level does that mean 5 months after the Academy we would be promoted to the GS-9 level or does our time not start until we are done with FLETC?
              CBPO
              Test: 12/6/10
              NOR: 1/25/11
              T.O. 5/25/11
              Geo: Laredo, TX

Comment

• Originally posted by GUILE View Post
                Guys I had a question about the annual pay increase between GS levels. So lets say you start out at a GS-7 and you go to Pre-Academy which could be up to say around 4 weeks, then FLETC (another 19 weeks), then for those of us that have to take the 6 weeks of espanol your looking at about 29 weeks. That is give or take a little bit about 7 months.
                If we are getting paid at the GS-7 level does that mean 5 months after the Academy we would be promoted to the GS-9 level or does our time not start until we are done with FLETC?
                A simple search would've revealed the answer to your question...
                Your time starts on your EOD date, not after graduation.
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Congrats to those that got the call. I'm looking forward to completing all steps in the process.

Did someone say earlier in the thread that their bi cleared in 1 month?

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnylaw View Post
                    Congrats to those that got the call. I'm looking forward to completing all steps in the process.

Did someone say earlier in the thread that their bi cleared in 1 month?
                    If there are no "problems" with your background, you can be clear in a month from the date that you met with your investigator, this is more likey to happen if you got selected for a port like the SWB or GA.
                    Exam: 12/10
                    NOR: 1/25/10
                    Qualifications: (GS-7)
                    T.O: 5/25/11 (Georgia)
                    PFT1: 6/11 (Cleared)
                    B.I.: 6/11 (Started)
                    Medical: 7/11 (Cleared)
                    VBT & S.I.: 7/11(Cleared)
                    Drug Test: 8/11 (Cleared)
                    B.I.: 9/11 (Cleared)
                    PFT2: (rescheduled due to high BP)

Comment

• So I've been reading back, trying to read all the posts in this thread...Are CBPO's still not considered a Federal LEO position? and how do the retirement/benefits compare (similarities/differences) to let's say a BP agent or ICE SA?

Comment

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
                        So I am nervous. Happy to be done with the steps and just waiting on the call. My BI met me Tuesday and my report was already submitted and all references seen within one day!!! Wow. Anywhoos I thought I would be happy but truth is I am not in shape. It took me 25 minutes to do one and a half mile around the park track and that was running and walking. But i have only done it 4 days straight so thats pretty good. I am also faithful. whether I get up 6 am or 12 noon, I run. If I do not get to go druing the day, I wait till HUbby is home and go running in the parking lot late at night (midnight). I'm gonna get this. Just hope I am able to do the 17 minutes and master it before "the call."

Any advise on how to be quicker with my time if i am walking and running? I will have to build up to running completely, but that may take awhile. I can run half way around the track then walk then on and on.
                        Not being a female, I'm not sure how well this is tailored to those carrying XX chromosomes, but...

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Couch to 5K. A great beginning running program, at least for me and those I know.
                        I hate running and I can't seem to motivate myself to do it for more than a stretch of a few weeks at a time. So I run Cto5K every 12-18 months or so. As far as applicants go, I can't imagine where it wouldn't bring you to a point where passing the pre-academy/academy run shouldn't be within reach.

Also,

http://www.honorfirst.com/prebuds.htm

Prebuds fitness program. Train to complete schedule one and the academy shouldn't be all that difficult for you.

Comment

So I've been reading back, trying to read all the posts in this thread...Are CBPO's still not considered a Federal LEO position? and how do the retirement/benefits compare (similarities/differences) to let's say a BP agent or ICE SA?
                          We get what they call enhanced coverage, and our pay scale is GS instead of GL... as far as retirement goes... I believe we get 1.7% each year we put in and they get 3% towards the 20 year service. If they serve 20 they retire with 60% of their avg high 3. If you're picked up before 37 you can put in more time and possibly get to a higher retirement percentage. We also have TSP which they'll match up to 5% each pay period. This is just a brief explanation, I can't recall all the details at the moment.
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

So I've been reading back, trying to read all the posts in this thread...Are CBPO's still not considered a Federal LEO position? and how do the retirement/benefits compare (similarities/differences) to let's say a BP agent or ICE SA?
                            Great question...I was recently looking into the same. Wouldnt need to transfer from one non leo supervisor position to another non leo rookie. But here's what I found...I love what Yoda says. He's been around a while and always seems to have solid info. But the palest ink is always stronger than the best memory.

http://www.dhsunion.org/leo/
                            http://www.dhsunion.org/DHSUpdate/Do...pdateJan18.pdf

And here is the really solid one http://www.dhsunion.org/LEO/document...tsheet5_14.pdf this is a PDF explaining the exact percentages. If you guys have anything better, I would love to peruse it.
                            CBPO
                            Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• CBPOs have always been considered within a FLEO position. They just haven't been, and continue not to be, considered 'LEOs' within the context of a couple of retirement and compensation statutes. That may change in the future. There's a push on by CBP to pay reform. One of the proposed changes is to define CBPOs as 'LEOs'.

The retirement is identical. Nobody gets 3% towards retirement. Offhand. I can't recall what CSRS CBPOs and others get. Since CSRS was phased out in the early 80's, few people currently are CSRS/6C covered. Most everybody is FERS/12D covered. 12D coverage is 1.7% for 20 years, and 1% for anything beyond that.

Comment

• Originally posted by rsx5045 View Post
                                Hey jo im from miami and my geo pref is miami as well im a 2010 test taket and have already completed all the steps just waiting for my bi to clear on CASS how about u ?
                                Hey rsx, I have completed everything except qualifications and waiting BI to clear as well. My timeline is posted as my signature, perhaps you have signatures disabled. Just in case here it is again:

Qualifications - pending

If you hear anything let me know, looks like our timelines are almost identical.
                                Qualifications - pending

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4728 users online. 288 members and 4440 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X