300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
    The PFT2 is not given until you get the actual job offer with EOD and FLETC dates. You only took the PFT1 test. It does seem like they speed you through the process and after everything is completed they have you sit in TSU for the long haul. Im not trying to be a downer but I didnt want you to get too excited about the process. I've been in your shoes. I was finished my whole process in less than 4 months (the time I took my test till I had all green checks in CASS). Now, I'm waiting for a funded position. Dont quit your day job just yet!! It will happen and I hope the best for you, but they have a bunch of people waiting in the line in front of you, me being the first in line for my location.
    You're right...my appologies. I'm confusing PFT1/2 for the TSL1/2. It's actually kind of releaving to hear that I will likely slow down at some point. THough, I love the idea of potentially jumping in right away to a CBPO position, I am also looking at a couple of other opportunities, and I was hoping to get a little bit of time to weigh them all out against each other. Didn't really wan to go to FLETC only to have to go BACK for another academy class. THanks for the truth and the tips JonnyLaw.
    CBPO
    Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
      Everything on my CASS is blue and says Pending. I fired the finger prints out yesterday. SHouldnt be there till about Friday...maybe THursday. Yeah...I agree...from everything I see it feels REALLY quick. Not that I'm complaining about it by any menas (though it does really suck for the brothers that have been waiting for half an eternity). I just dont understand it. I honestly hope that it continues straight on thru to Glynco.

Here is what my CASS says...I'm new at this so y'all tell me if this looks normal or not (I got my NORs on Aug 30th, one day previous to getting my TO.

Pre-Employment Forms -pending- One or more of your forms may have not been received. You will be contacted if additional documentation is required.

Qualifications -pending- A review of your work experience and/or education is still pending.

Medical Exam -pending- You will be contacted to schedule your medical examination.

Structured Interview -pending- Your interview has been scheduled.

Drug Screening -pending- Your drug test is pending at this time.

Background Investigation -pending- We have not received the background investigation documentation which is required to begin your investigation.

Fitness -pending- A clinic has been assigned for your fitness test. You will be contacted to schedule your examination.

I received my VBT for 09/29
      Strange... I have the same thing in my CASS other than the background section says they've received my forms; however, I haven't been given a date for the VBT/SI... I e-mailed MHC last week and haven't heard anything. I guess I'll call the SI unit tomorrow to find out.
      Last edited by zipties; 09-14-2011, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• To all of the new testers and people without timelines listed: Please go to settings at the top of the page and click signature on the left side, and enter your timeline. This way we can all see each others timelines. 2011 testers: 95% of the people finish all the steps in 3 to 4 months (excluding bi). If you would just read what is on cbp.gov it states "we will try to schedule your pft1 within 30 days of your TO". ALSO ON CBP.GOV "IF YOU FAIL ANY PART OF THE PFT2 YOUR OFFER WILL BE RESCINDED AND YOU WILL HAVE TO REAPPLY." CASS only updates on Tuesdays and Thursdays!!!! There is no point of checking on any other day. Sometimes CASS is a week behind what actually is. Personally I would be scared if I got a TO before NOR for the 2011 test, because odds are you are going to a place nobody else wanted. High demand poes have a long line of people waiting. CASS PHONE LINE WAS DISCONNECTED. Now go workout! Just kidding. Stay safe.
        Last edited by z132878; 09-14-2011, 09:57 PM.
        12/2010 TEST- 98 non-VET
        5/25 TO
        5/25 Pre-Employment Forms GREEN 7/12
        5/25 Qualifications GREEN 8/2
        6/24 PFT1- GREEN 7/12
        7/8 MED- GREEN 8/2: YES MY MEDICAL WAS GIVEN AFTER PFT1
        7/18 VBT+SI- GREEN 8/4
        7/26 MET W/ BI AT WORK
        8/2 MET W/ DIF. BI AT HOME
        8/2 A THIRD BI WENT TO TALK TO PREV PROF
        8/5 DRUG TEST- GREEN 8/18
        8/11 A FOURTH BI TALKED TO REF. #7+#8
        10/13~ BI CLEARED
        10/13 GOT THE CALL-10/14 ANSWERED THE CALL
        10/26 PFT2 PASSED
        11/21 EOD SAN LUIS
        12/15-4/24 FLETC

Comment

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
          thanks for the advice.

Yoda. Say i dont pass the pft2, do i still go to fletc? and then try to pass it there before i graduate? because 6 1/2 months of training is more than enough for me to pass no offense for the girl that failed.
          On week 18, six instruction days from graduation, we had someone in my class fail the fitness graduation standard (FGS) by 20-something seconds on the 1.5 mile run. She nearly completed 83 of 89 training days and was only six days from graduation and was sent HOME because she thought she could get in shape during her training at FLETC. Not to sound harsh, but I am sure she also thought, "19 weeks of training is more than enough time for me to pass."

Come prepared BEFORE you step foot in the academy. The fitness standards are not that difficult -some would say they're a complete joke- but they're no walk in the park.

Comment

• Originally posted by *El Famoso 818* View Post
            NEW DATES

Exam: FEB 2007
            NEW TO:11/19/10
            GEO: San Diego, CA
            Qualifications: Completed GS-7
            Medical: used existing. recertified in DEC 2010
            PFT 1 Test:12/30/2010
            VBT: middle 2009. expires in middle 2012
            Drug Screening: 10/27/2010
            BI: completed meet investigator in Sep 2009 cleared in
            April 2010 recleared in april 2011.
            TSU: 7/20/11
            THE CALL:09/09
            PFT 2:09/16/11
            EOD:09/19/11

Why the new EOD? Did they postpone you guys because of the incident today?
            ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

• As an SWB applicant, is there a way to request a specific port? Would doing so actually make a difference?
              Gek.

Comment

• Nice surprise today, just received scheduling for drug test, and BI cleared - in just a little over a month ! No word on a poly either. Granted there is absolutely nothing unscrupulous about my background so I was expecting a quick turnaround but dang.

Exam: December, 2010 (Sterling, VA)
                Notice of Results: March, 2011
                Tentative Offer: June 24, 2011
                GEO: Northern VA / D.C.
                Qualifications: pending
                Medical: passed July, 2011
                PFT 1 Test: passed July, 2011
                VBT: tested Aug 16, 2011 / "Eligible" letter: Aug 23, 2011
                Drug Test: scheduled - Sept. 16, 2011
                BI: met with investigator early August, passed Sept. 13, 2011
                PFT2: waiting to receive test date
                Last edited by subarujunky; 09-14-2011, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys,
                  I tested in july and got my NOR the 30th of August. Barley passed with a 75, has anyone got through with a score like mine. Thanks!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cross.sandiego View Post
                    Why the new EOD? Did they postpone you guys because of the incident today?
                    no Jessica wanted us to EOD on 09/14/2011 which is today when she called us on friday. They did not schedule out pft2 till friday 09/16/2011 so our EOD got pushed back for monday the 19th

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                      What is really a concern about this practice is that someone here got a job offer with pending steps... and it wasn't someone that had been previously cleared either. Why skip over some that have been in the process for a very long time and have taken the steps over and over... to give it to someone that has just started the process with pending steps no less?
                      At this point it is way beyond me on how they come about these decisions. I took my fair share of licks waiting 4 years for this job, but this is somewhat ridiculous.
                      Yeah that does bother me too but since it seems to only be happening for the SWB locations it doesn't really affect me as much as later testers actually skipping me over. I initially had an interim BI clearance the first time around, so yeah it would be nice if they just keep that up or let me go to FLETC with a pending background since they are doing that for other. But I'm over it. the only thing I am hoping for right now it to be called before FY13, and it would be awesome if they would also match my pay by the time they get around to me.
                      CBPO
                      TO - 05/08 JFK
                      EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by jdivola View Post
                        Hey Darth Vader and Mar:
                        I too am awaiting a spot for MIA. I hit TSU in February of 2009. What the hell is going on? I understand that you can't get the call while a process is pending, but come on, I've been waiting for years. My background expired AGAIN early this year and I waited and waited and waited for the investigator to call me. Now all these people that just tested are getting hired immediately. Any advice from the forum members? Who should I call? I don't even have a current number for CASS or MHC since they changed everything and moved. By the time the background investigation clears, something else will be pending. It is a never ending cycle. Is there anything I can do?
                        My drug test was pending for months, I never got called for it even after I did another physical. I started emailing MHC and never really got a response, then suddenly it went green in cass without ever taking a new drug test.
                        CBPO
                        TO - 05/08 JFK
                        EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by subarujunky View Post
                          Nice surprise today, just received scheduling for drug test, and BI cleared - in just a little over a month ! No word on a poly either. Granted there is absolutely nothing unscrupulous about my background so I was expecting a quick turnaround but dang.

Exam: December, 2010 (Sterling, VA)
                          Notice of Results: March, 2011
                          Tentative Offer: June 24, 2011
                          GEO: Northern VA / D.C.
                          Qualifications: pending
                          Medical: passed July, 2011
                          PFT 1 Test: passed July, 2011
                          VBT: tested Aug 16, 2011 / "Eligible" letter: Aug 23, 2011
                          Drug Test: scheduled - Sept. 16, 2011
                          BI: met with investigator early August, passed Sept. 13, 2011
                          PFT2: waiting to receive test date
                          What did you score on the test? You are flying through the step! Good luck to you.
                          12/2010 TEST- 98 non-VET
                          5/25 TO
                          5/25 Pre-Employment Forms GREEN 7/12
                          5/25 Qualifications GREEN 8/2
                          6/24 PFT1- GREEN 7/12
                          7/8 MED- GREEN 8/2: YES MY MEDICAL WAS GIVEN AFTER PFT1
                          7/18 VBT+SI- GREEN 8/4
                          7/26 MET W/ BI AT WORK
                          8/2 MET W/ DIF. BI AT HOME
                          8/2 A THIRD BI WENT TO TALK TO PREV PROF
                          8/5 DRUG TEST- GREEN 8/18
                          8/11 A FOURTH BI TALKED TO REF. #7+#8
                          10/13~ BI CLEARED
                          10/13 GOT THE CALL-10/14 ANSWERED THE CALL
                          10/26 PFT2 PASSED
                          11/21 EOD SAN LUIS
                          12/15-4/24 FLETC

Comment

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
                            ok thanks. I did start running today and i walked /run 1 mile so tomorrow I will pick it up and do 2 miles tomorrow and everyday until. no stopping.
                            I might be wrong with this one, but as a female myself, do not forget about the pushups. I am in very good shape and the push ups kick my a*s. Check this site out if you need further assistance www.hundredpushups.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ilovecarneasadaburritos View Post
                              One more EOD'd today in Atlanta and I think there will be more. The new terminal is on schedule, or at least that is what I heard.
                              Were these individuals applicants before 2010? And when you say EOD do you mean final offer? And where are you getting this info from?
                              Exam: 12/10
                              NOR: 1/25/10
                              Qualifications: (GS-7)
                              T.O: 5/25/11 (Georgia)
                              PFT1: 6/11 (Cleared)
                              B.I.: 6/11 (Started)
                              Medical: 7/11 (Cleared)
                              VBT & S.I.: 7/11(Cleared)
                              Drug Test: 8/11 (Cleared)
                              B.I.: 9/11 (Cleared)
                              PFT2: (rescheduled due to high BP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
                                On week 18, six instruction days from graduation, we had someone in my class fail the fitness graduation standard (FGS) by 20-something seconds on the 1.5 mile run. She nearly completed 83 of 89 training days and was only six days from graduation and was sent HOME because she thought she could get in shape during her training at FLETC. Not to sound harsh, but I am sure she also thought, "19 weeks of training is more than enough time for me to pass."

Come prepared BEFORE you step foot in the academy. The fitness standards are not that difficult -some would say they're a complete joke- but they're no walk in the park.

This might be a stupid question but are you allowed to wear a watch while doing these tests, so you can monitor your time to see if you have to step it up or not?
                                Last edited by waitingny; 09-15-2011, 07:39 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9167 users online. 436 members and 8731 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X