Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At what point will there be a green light on pre-employments forms and qualifications? I sent in all my forms including background and fingerprints and they have been received by MHC (they told me they have all forms they need), but it still says pending.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
      If it says referred to schedule EOD, then you might be waiting for a call...
      If that happens I would strongly suggest you don't walk on the run, and if you're that far off the 1.5 in 17 min, you won't be able to graduate once you get here. We already had 1 female not graduate for failing all 3 Fitness Tests... last one by 30 seconds.
      My advice to you is to get on with the running. The fitness standards are equal for males and females, 24 push-up's, 220 yd run under 45 sec (1/2 lap on a 1/4 mile track), 1.5 mile run under 15... no sit-up's. There's also the sit & reach 12.5 inches, which is nothing.
      thanks for the advice.

Yoda. Say i dont pass the pft2, do i still go to fletc? and then try to pass it there before i graduate? because 6 1/2 months of training is more than enough for me to pass no offense for the girl that failed.
      CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
      Test: 12/2010
      NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
      TO: 6/7/2011
      PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
      Equip: 6/13/2011
      FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
      VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
      BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
      Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
      Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
      Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
      got the call: 9/20/2011
      PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
      NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
      New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

• On my CASS, under Pre Employment Forms, it says, "One or more of your forms may have not been received. You will be contacted if additional documentation is required." However, I received and email saying, "This is concerning your application for employment with Department of Homeland Security. Your pre-employment forms have been received. We will contact you if additional information is needed." Is this normal. I just dont wanna find out 2 days AFTER the deadline that something was overlooked on my part (despite checking 173 times previous to sending all of the info in). Is that the standard schpeal on CASS, or is there really a concern that "there is one or more of my forms missing?"

Sorry if I appear to be a paranoid freak...but so many different federal hiring databases and it seems that none of them speak the same language. Any experience appreciated.
        CBPO
        Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnylaw View Post
          Wow, that seems quick. When did you receive your nor/tsl? I received my nor/tsl Aug.29/30.
          What does it say for you on CASS?
          Everything on my CASS is blue and says Pending. I fired the finger prints out yesterday. SHouldnt be there till about Friday...maybe THursday. Yeah...I agree...from everything I see it feels REALLY quick. Not that I'm complaining about it by any menas (though it does really suck for the brothers that have been waiting for half an eternity). I just dont understand it. I honestly hope that it continues straight on thru to Glynco.

Here is what my CASS says...I'm new at this so y'all tell me if this looks normal or not (I got my NORs on Aug 30th, one day previous to getting my TO.

Pre-Employment Forms -pending- One or more of your forms may have not been received. You will be contacted if additional documentation is required.

Qualifications -pending- A review of your work experience and/or education is still pending.

Medical Exam -pending- You will be contacted to schedule your medical examination.

Structured Interview -pending- Your interview has been scheduled.

Drug Screening -pending- Your drug test is pending at this time.

Background Investigation -pending- We have not received the background investigation documentation which is required to begin your investigation.

Fitness -pending- A clinic has been assigned for your fitness test. You will be contacted to schedule your examination.

I received my VBT for 09/29
          Last edited by Verve10; 09-14-2011, 08:14 PM.
          CBPO
          Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
            thanks for the advice.

Yoda. Say i dont pass the pft2, do i still go to fletc? and then try to pass it there before i graduate? because 6 1/2 months of training is more than enough for me to pass no offense for the girl that failed.
            I believe if you fail the PFT2, you're out of the process. Do not pass go, do not collect $200 worth of chicken at FLETC.

Comment

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
              thanks for the advice.

If you do not pass the PFT2 before you EOD, you will not EOD and you will not go to FLETC. You will be withdrawn from the process and will have to reapply. The PFT2 is not hard and while your waiting in the process, you should be working out and running several days a week. Prepare like your job depends on it because it does. Also, FLETC is currently only 19 weeks not 6 1/2 months.

Comment

• Comparing the PFT2 to other fitness tests, it's not that difficult imho, but that shouldn't mean you shouldn't be prepared and in best shape. No point in getting to that point and not being able to pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoJoGRaNde View Post
                  If you do not pass the PFT2 before you EOD, you will not EOD and you will not go to FLETC. You will be withdrawn from the process and will have to reapply. The PFT2 is not hard and while your waiting in the process, you should be working out and running several days a week. Prepare like your job depends on it because it does. Also, FLETC is currently only 19 weeks not 6 1/2 months.
                  ok thanks. I did start running today and i walked /run 1 mile so tomorrow I will pick it up and do 2 miles tomorrow and everyday until. no stopping.
                  CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
                  Test: 12/2010
                  NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
                  TO: 6/7/2011
                  PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
                  Equip: 6/13/2011
                  FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
                  VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
                  BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
                  Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
                  Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
                  Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
                  got the call: 9/20/2011
                  PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
                  NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
                  New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

• When I was there, we had a few fail it and I'm sure there's nothing worse than being sent to the airport alone to go home after failing the 1.5 mile run by seconds. Just think...one day of running that you could of done while preparing for FLETC could of given you a passing time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
                      Everything on my CASS is blue and says Pending. I fired the finger prints out yesterday. SHouldnt be there till about Friday...maybe THursday. Yeah...I agree...from everything I see it feels REALLY quick. Not that I'm complaining about it by any menas (though it does really suck for the brothers that have been waiting for half an eternity). I just dont understand it. I honestly hope that it continues straight on thru to Glynco.

Here is what my CASS says...I'm new at this so y'all tell me if this looks normal or not (I got my NORs on Aug 30th, one day previous to getting my TO.

Pre-Employment Forms -pending- One or more of your forms may have not been received. You will be contacted if additional documentation is required.

Qualifications -pending- A review of your work experience and/or education is still pending.

Medical Exam -pending- You will be contacted to schedule your medical examination.

Structured Interview -pending- Your interview has been scheduled.

Drug Screening -pending- Your drug test is pending at this time.

Background Investigation -pending- We have not received the background investigation documentation which is required to begin your investigation.

Fitness -pending- A clinic has been assigned for your fitness test. You will be contacted to schedule your examination.

I received my VBT for 09/29
                      That is what is says for me on Cass, except I have not been scheduled for an interview as of yet, but it states Background investigation forms received pending review for completeness of forms or pending completion of medical, drug test, fitness exam or structured interview if required.
                      Last edited by jonnylaw; 09-14-2011, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Hello I just got the call today!!! I have a choice between El Paso, TX - Columbus, MN - or Santa Teresa. If anyone here is located at any of these that can give me a heads up on what its like at that port. Everyone else share which you would choose? I think El Paso and Columbus will have more OT. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
                          For Jonny Law: "have any july testers been scheduled for any further testing (e.g. medical, pft1, vbt)? "

Yeah...I tested this past July. I was sent and completed both my PFT1 &2 a couple weeks ago (last week of Aug). I received a letter in the mail last Friday for my VBT to be the 29th of this month. I'm having a hard time understanding it all...I mean, I read the posts on here of fully qualified guys waiting from as far back as 2008 and crap. And here I am...just applied in May, tested in July, and it seems to be speeding through. Not sure if I should brace myself for a grinding hault, or just be ready for an express ride to the SWB.
                          The PFT2 is not given until you get the actual job offer with EOD and FLETC dates. You only took the PFT1 test. It does seem like they speed you through the process and after everything is completed they have you sit in TSU for the long haul. Im not trying to be a downer but I didnt want you to get too excited about the process. I've been in your shoes. I was finished my whole process in less than 4 months (the time I took my test till I had all green checks in CASS). Now, I'm waiting for a funded position. Dont quit your day job just yet!! It will happen and I hope the best for you, but they have a bunch of people waiting in the line in front of you, me being the first in line for my location.

Comment

• ^^When did you test and what is your geo preference?

Comment

• One more EOD'd today in Atlanta and I think there will be more. The new terminal is on schedule, or at least that is what I heard.

Comment

• Hey Darth Vader and Mar:
                                I too am awaiting a spot for MIA. I hit TSU in February of 2009. What the hell is going on? I understand that you can't get the call while a process is pending, but come on, I've been waiting for years. My background expired AGAIN early this year and I waited and waited and waited for the investigator to call me. Now all these people that just tested are getting hired immediately. Any advice from the forum members? Who should I call? I don't even have a current number for CASS or MHC since they changed everything and moved. By the time the background investigation clears, something else will be pending. It is a never ending cycle. Is there anything I can do?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6968 users online. 343 members and 6625 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X