Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by *El Famoso 818* View Post
    NEW DATES


    Exam: FEB 2007
    NEW TO:11/19/10
    GEO: San Diego, CA
    Qualifications: Completed GS-7
    Medical: used existing. recertified in DEC 2010
    PFT 1 Test:12/30/2010
    VBT: middle 2009. expires in middle 2012
    Drug Screening: 10/27/2010
    BI: completed meet investigator in Sep 2009 cleared in
    April 2010 recleared in april 2011.
    TSU: 7/20/11
    THE CALL:09/09
    PFT 2:09/16/11
    EOD:09/19/11
    Im glad to see some of the oldies on this forum get the call!!!
    Tested: 8/2008
    TO: 12/2008
    GEO: LAX/LB
    1st TSU: 3/5/09
    2nd Medical: 6/1/11
    Cleared 6/22/11
    2nd BI: met 7/14/11
    Cleared 9/29/11
    2nd TSU:
    Referred to Schedule EOD: 9/23/2011

    The Call: 10/24/11
    EOD: 11/21/11 (LAX)
    Fletc: 12/30 - 5/7/12

    PFT2: 11/4/11 (passed)
    Final EOD letter: 11/7/11

    Comment


    • Originally posted by *El Famoso 818* View Post
      NEW DATES
      Have they told you your academy dates? Good luck on Friday at SWC.

      Comment


      • i am an august test taker and i want to change my location to the southwest, i am kind of confused how to go about doing this from the directions given to me in the NOR email

        Comment


        • How long does the VBT take?

          Hey guys,
          Im a noobie on this board, and I'll chime in later with my timeline and other goodies at a later date. However, in trying to schedule family events around my VBT, I am trying to figure out how long it may last. I'm scheduled for the 29th of this month. I'm fairly certain that I can assume what the VBT is all about (done Federal Law Enforcement for quite a while now), but there is allot of ambiguity to it, it seems. I'm assuming 30 mins-ish, and then HOPEFULLY a 1 hour interview directly after? Any help?
          CBPO
          Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

          Comment


          • Hello,

            I did my BI meeting yesterday and he will start going to see my people tomorrow. And the wait begins. I started running today....well walk run. my question is, will they let you walk the whole time in PFT2 or do you have to run without walking at all? just want to know so i can practice and be ready...thanks.
            CBPO

            GEO: Brownsville, TX
            Test: 12/2010
            NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
            TO: 6/7/2011
            PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
            Equip: 6/13/2011
            FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
            VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
            BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
            Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
            Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
            Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
            got the call: 9/20/2011
            PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
            NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
            New EOD: 05/21/2012

            ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

            Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
              Hey guys,
              Im a noobie on this board, and I'll chime in later with my timeline and other goodies at a later date. However, in trying to schedule family events around my VBT, I am trying to figure out how long it may last. I'm scheduled for the 29th of this month. I'm fairly certain that I can assume what the VBT is all about (done Federal Law Enforcement for quite a while now), but there is allot of ambiguity to it, it seems. I'm assuming 30 mins-ish, and then HOPEFULLY a 1 hour interview directly after? Any help?
              there will be other people there with you I spent 3 hours with my vbt and si together. So double your time is what you may spend there.
              CBPO

              GEO: Brownsville, TX
              Test: 12/2010
              NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
              TO: 6/7/2011
              PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
              Equip: 6/13/2011
              FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
              VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
              BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
              Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
              Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
              Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
              got the call: 9/20/2011
              PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
              NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
              New EOD: 05/21/2012

              ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

              Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                i am an august test taker and i want to change my location to the southwest, i am kind of confused how to go about doing this from the directions given to me in the NOR email
                email applicant MHC with the actual location you want for SWB and go from there. the applicant email.
                CBPO

                GEO: Brownsville, TX
                Test: 12/2010
                NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
                TO: 6/7/2011
                PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
                Equip: 6/13/2011
                FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
                VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
                BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
                Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
                Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
                Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
                got the call: 9/20/2011
                PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
                NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
                New EOD: 05/21/2012

                ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

                Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

                Comment


                • I did myVBT 8/31 and it took a total of 1.5 hours. So im guessing each location is different. 30 minutes for VBT and then wait for about 30 more minutes while they review and then the SI took about 20 minutes.
                  Exam: 12/10
                  NOR: 1/25/10
                  Qualifications: ??
                  T.O: 5/25/11 (SWB)
                  PFT1: 7/11 (Passed)
                  Medical: 7/11 (Passed)
                  VBT & S.I.: 8/11(Passed)
                  Drug Test: 8/11 (Passed)
                  Polygraph: 9/11
                  B.I.: ??
                  PFT2: ??

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by cesa85 View Post
                    I did myVBT 8/31 and it took a total of 1.5 hours. So im guessing each location is different. 30 minutes for VBT and then wait for about 30 more minutes while they review and then the SI took about 20 minutes.
                    when did you take the written test?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
                      email applicant MHC with the actual location you want for SWB and go from there. the applicant email.
                      thanks, figured i would jus bite the bullet and change to the southwest to get my foot in the door. If i am fortune to get called called and actually hired, i figure i will just grind it out for 5 or so years and rack up on as much OT then try transfer somewhere back east.

                      Comment


                      • i took the VBT and SI 8/31
                        Exam: 12/10
                        NOR: 1/25/10
                        Qualifications: ??
                        T.O: 5/25/11 (SWB)
                        PFT1: 7/11 (Passed)
                        Medical: 7/11 (Passed)
                        VBT & S.I.: 8/11(Passed)
                        Drug Test: 8/11 (Passed)
                        Polygraph: 9/11
                        B.I.: ??
                        PFT2: ??

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by cesa85 View Post
                          I did myVBT 8/31 and it took a total of 1.5 hours. So im guessing each location is different. 30 minutes for VBT and then wait for about 30 more minutes while they review and then the SI took about 20 minutes.
                          +1
                          BPA
                          Written (87) 11/29/10
                          NOR 12/3/10
                          TSL1 07/26/11
                          Poly 08/15/11
                          PT 08/22/11
                          Drug Test 09/02/11
                          OB 09/13/11
                          BI meeting 10/10/11
                          TSU 06/29/12

                          CBPO
                          Written (79) 12/07/10
                          NOR 02/01/11 (LAX/LB)
                          NOR 04/28/11 (CA SWB)
                          TSL1 06/14/11
                          Poly 08/15/11
                          Medical and PT 08/22/11
                          VBT/SI 08/26/11
                          Drug Test 09/02/11
                          BI meeting 10/10/11
                          TSU 06/21/12
                          EOD 08/13/12
                          FLETC 09/12/12-01/25/13

                          Comment


                          • Got my fingerprints done at CVPD. Glad I did; they knew what they were doing. I could definitely tell there were at least 3 or 4 more waiting for fingerprints for CBP BI as well. Now, time for the sit and wait...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by mar424 View Post
                              I have been reading this forum for the last couple months, as I was in the process too. I just received my EOD, below is my approximate timeline for whoever would like to know..


                              Test: 12/2010
                              NOR: ?? never received them, I called and they said they would send them again, but I never got them
                              Geo location: MIA
                              TO: 6/2011
                              PFT1/Medical: 7/2011
                              VBT/SI: 7/2011
                              Polygraph: 8/2011
                              Drug Test: 8/2011
                              TSU: 9/9/11
                              The call: 9/13/11
                              EOD: 9/26/11
                              Congratulations mar424! and I wish you the best. I really mean that, but here is the thing, I had an original TSU date of 4/2009 for Miami and my background went pending again on 4/2011. I submitted everything, but I am still waiting for my BI to call me for an interview. Any thoughts guys? Please!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Darth Vader View Post
                                Congratulations mar424! and I wish you the best. I really mean that, but here is the thing, I had an original TSU date of 4/2009 for Miami and my background went pending again on 4/2011. I submitted everything, but I am still waiting for my BI to call me for an interview. Any thoughts guys? Please!
                                You're certainly not the first to be leapfrogged due to an expired step in the process. It's unfortunate but I don't think there is any recourse except to redo the BI and hope for the best. Have you taken a proactive approach and called MHC or IA to find out what is going on. I can't imagine you're very happy about being skipped after being in the process so long. Not that anything will change at this point in terms of Mar424 being awarded a position over you but calling MHC may help you avoid being skipped again. Just out of curiosity, did you have to appeal a NOPA the first time around by chance? Is it possible they would also want you to partake in a Poly since your BI is being renewed? Just things to consider.

                                Good luck, I hope you clear things up and get a final offer soon. I know I wouldn't be happy being skipped in terms of a TO for the Northeast region........I can't imagine how you feel.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12671 users online. 498 members and 12173 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X