Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many of the bigger PD's are using electronic scan, but most of the smaller ones still use the ink roller. I visited a suburban smaller PD to get mine done (free of charge)

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnylaw View Post
      Yes, the process and the varience in timelines is hard to anticipate when reading various posts from applicants noting their experiences. There seems to be quite a few Dec. 2010 applicants on here that are receiving EOD dates now. (about 9 month time frame from time of testing)-but this is the exception to the rule? Is the true timeline for most 1+years? Some BI's take longer than others, some get polygraphs, some do not? Some have completed all the testing but have not received a final offer?

I guess it's also possible that if you sucesfully pass all steps in the process and are cleared to go, you might not actually receive "a call" depending on other budgetary factors, or it may take some time even after that?

I wonder what the average final offer stats are for those that receive TO's and pass all steps?

I'll still hope for the best and stay in shape and complete all steps.

Hopefully with a SWB selection and a written score of 92, I'll have a good chance.
      The score only matters for TO's, after that calls should go out according to who has all green and their TO date...
      Question # 1... (having all completed steps) you are correct in that assumption
      Question # 2... The stats are not great... it's about a 10% of those TO's make it to the academy. Once you're here only "stupidity" will get you kicked off, unless of course if you fail to Qualify, final PT test, or academic failure.

The Polygraph will be mandatory for all applicants in the process for 2012.
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
        The score only matters for TO's, after that calls should go out according to who has all green and their TO date...
        Question # 1... (having all completed steps) you are correct in that assumption
        Question # 2... The stats are not great... it's about a 10% of those TO's make it to the academy. Once you're here only "stupidity" will get you kicked off, unless of course if you fail to Qualify, final PT test, or academic failure.

The Polygraph will be mandatory for all applicants in the process for 2012.
        Depending on the budget for 2012, they still may not be able to polygraph 100%. Of course it is a goal and they will say they are working towards it, with the amount of people they are pushing through the OFO and BP academies, people will EOD without a polygraph. It's inevitable. Current examiners state they are doing 100% poly now and people are still EODing without taking one.
        Last edited by RoJoGRaNde; 09-11-2011, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoJoGRaNde View Post
          Depending on the budget for 2012, they still may not be able to polygraph 100%. Of course it is a goal and they will say they are working towards it, with the amount of people they are pushing through the OFO and BP academies, people will EOD without a polygraph. It's inevitable. Current examiners state they are doing 100% poly now and people are still EODing without taking one.
          As of right now it isn't law, and it should come into place for 2012... but as with everything, there's always the exception. When I did my Poly the examiner told me that they were going to be doing 100% for this year, which of course never happened...
          CBPO

Comment

• What class # are you Yoda? 284, 285...?

Comment

• They are only required to poly 100% starting Set 29 2012 read the Anti-Border Corruption Act of 2010 here. http://www.fas.org/irp/congress/2010_rpt/abc-poly.html Only 10% currently get it, and most of them are BP Agents, since they work in the open. 60% who take the test fail it. Many innocent fail, which is why most police departments only use the poly to get people to admit things. 22% of applicants fail the BI. All of the facts are in this document. The problem is the Senate bill is proposing 5mil so they can poly everyone in 2012. If you need fingerprints call your local PD and ask when you can come in. If they don't have ink buy it for them! Yoda your patience is admirable. I know in a previous post you said someone a FLETC said only 10% of those that receive TOs make it there. I asked the woman at my SI if this was true. Her response was "probably". There were 11 VBT scheduled the day that I went and only 7 showed up (I was the last one scheduled). She said "that is typical". That means about 30% drop out there (probably a little high). I would guess 30% don't show up to an appointment total. I would guess around 5% never return their paperwork or turn down the TO. Around 10-15% fail the pft1 or have a no go due to medical. Around 5% probably fail the VBT or SI. 22% fail the BI (based on Senate hearings). I would guess a very small percent fail the drug test. From the PFT2 groups I read about I would estimate that 15-20% fail the PFT2. That is how I assume they get to that 10%. If you complete all of the steps you will get the call, ONE DAY. Johnnylaw check your inbox under notifications at the top of the page. To end my rant, I hope some calls go out this week, and stay safe.
              Last edited by z132878; 09-11-2011, 08:53 PM.
              12/2010 TEST- 98 non-VET
              5/25 TO
              5/25 Pre-Employment Forms GREEN 7/12
              5/25 Qualifications GREEN 8/2
              6/24 PFT1- GREEN 7/12
              7/8 MED- GREEN 8/2: YES MY MEDICAL WAS GIVEN AFTER PFT1
              7/18 VBT+SI- GREEN 8/4
              7/26 MET W/ BI AT WORK
              8/2 MET W/ DIF. BI AT HOME
              8/2 A THIRD BI WENT TO TALK TO PREV PROF
              8/5 DRUG TEST- GREEN 8/18
              8/11 A FOURTH BI TALKED TO REF. #7+#8
              10/13~ BI CLEARED
              10/13 GOT THE CALL-10/14 ANSWERED THE CALL
              10/26 PFT2 PASSED
              11/21 EOD SAN LUIS
              12/15-4/24 FLETC

Comment

• Yes you are right...100% of LEO applicants for OFO/BP/OAM will be polygraphed starting in FY 2013 (October 1, 2012)

Comment

• lots of good info on this thread. Thanks for the pm Z132878
                  Last edited by jonnylaw; 09-11-2011, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• I think 60% fail because it wasn't being used randomly - it was being used when they doubted what was being said. That means that 60% of those who they believed might be lying were determined to be lying using the polygraph. That's very different than 60% of all applicants failing when it is implemented at 100%.
                    CBPO
                    GEO - NY/JFK
                    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                    PE Forms - Completed
                    Fitness - Completed
                    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                    Drug Screen - Completed
                    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                    TSU

EOD: ???
                    FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by SD250R View Post
                      I got my cards on Friday. I got an email on Thursday saying that the deadline of my Background investigation packet was extended because there was a delay in sending out the cards.

On that note though, are we able to use a Live Scan company to do the fingerprints? SDPD's and SD County Sheriff's department's websites say they no longer offer fingerprinting services and to use Live Scan. The thing is, from what I see, Live Scan does their fingerprints electronically and automatically sends them to the DOJ for use in background investigations.

I need to find a place in SD that does ink fingerprinting and I haven't found one yet. They are all Live Scan.

Anybody else go through this before in SD or SoCal?

You can try Chula Vista Police Department, I got them done four months ago. I believe it cost $10 but I think they only finger print on a certain day of the week (I think Wednesdays). I would call ahead.

Comment

• Ok so what is acceptable to wear while doing Pre-Academy at your GEO Location before you head to FLETC?
                        CBP: CBPO
                        EOD: 10/11/11 (South Texas)

Comment

• Business casual

Comment

• Yoda,

So how's FLETC going for you? How are the tests & PT?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoJoGRaNde View Post
                              What class # are you Yoda? 284, 285...?
                              286-116
                              CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by castlepark06 View Post
                                I got mine done at a live scan office in Chula Vista on 3rd Ave for $25. Call your local live scan offices and ask if they do ink fingerprints. Also the border patrol station in East Chula Vista does it for free but they usually require you to make an appointment. Make sure you take the cards.
                                Border Patrol Station is the best option in my opinion. It's free and they seem to enjoy showing you around. During my first BI (a few years ago) it was no big deal for them to bust out the ink. This last time they were like "Hey Bob...where is the ink?!". Then the BPA went on to explain that if he "scanned" my prints in...I would immediately become a basic criminal in their "system" and my BI would be junk. I was like....."ok...yeah...did Bob find the ink yet?" And yes...appointment was required.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10169 users online. 494 members and 9675 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X