Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe Senate approved the 2012 budget on Sept 6th. It now has to be approved by the house. I'm not positive. I'm just going off of what I have learned for here, Delphi .com, and federalsoup .com. They can always continue hiring. Last year they stopped CBP Officer classes, but continued Border Patrol classes. It is always anyone's guess once there is no budget. Senior members?
    Last edited by z132878; 09-11-2011, 04:20 PM.
    12/2010 TEST- 98 non-VET
    5/25 TO
    5/25 Pre-Employment Forms GREEN 7/12
    5/25 Qualifications GREEN 8/2
    6/24 PFT1- GREEN 7/12
    7/8 MED- GREEN 8/2: YES MY MEDICAL WAS GIVEN AFTER PFT1
    7/18 VBT+SI- GREEN 8/4
    7/26 MET W/ BI AT WORK
    8/2 MET W/ DIF. BI AT HOME
    8/2 A THIRD BI WENT TO TALK TO PREV PROF
    8/5 DRUG TEST- GREEN 8/18
    8/11 A FOURTH BI TALKED TO REF. #7+#8
    10/13~ BI CLEARED
    10/13 GOT THE CALL-10/14 ANSWERED THE CALL
    10/26 PFT2 PASSED
    11/21 EOD SAN LUIS
    12/15-4/24 FLETC

Comment

• Anyone hired before 10/01 is a FY11 hire.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
        There will be money for CBP in FY 2012, however the FY 2012 budget needs to be approved and when that will happen is anyone's guess, just look at what happened for FY 2011. Until it's approved government agencies will operate on a continuing resolution. What that means for hiring for 2012 is also anyone's guess. People could continue to be hired at the start of FY 2012 regardless of budget status, or hiring could be put on hold for another 6 months. I think the conservative opinion is that you want to be put in a class beginning prior to FY 2012 because the latter opinion will apply.

I wouldn't put too much thought into it, if you're in for the SWB and you're well into the process, as long as you pass everything you're going to be hired so does it really matter if you EOD now or January of 2012?
        i was a July tester w a score of 90. After to for swb, mhc has received my pre employment forms, eqip, and I just sent out my fingerprint cards. I haven't been scheduled for the vbt, or medical yet. Is this still very early in the process? Do I stand a good chance of being hired in fy12 if I pass all testing?
        Last edited by jonnylaw; 09-11-2011, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• I am definitely not in any position to advise you on when you could be hired. In fact, nobody on this forum is. This is the Federal Government, anything is possible. I doubt Yoda or El Famoso thought they were going to go 3-4 years before being hired, especially since when they went through the process applicants were going from application to EOD in less than a year, just as they are now. Just keep working hard at your current job, stay in shape, and be patient.

Comment

• Does anyone know if I could use a notary public to get my fingerprints done for the SF87A or does it have to be done by a LE agency?

Comment

• I and everyone else wants you to keep running...stay is shape brother... you never know when the CALL will come!
              Originally posted by playero36 View Post
              I hope I pass because I started running again usually I dont like running but since I want this job I Started to but I have no motivation left because I am scared of failing the vbt test and all my work being in vain. Just started running today just in case

Comment

• Originally posted by zipties View Post
                Does anyone know if I could use a notary public to get my fingerprints done for the SF87A or does it have to be done by a LE agency?
                I highly doubt a notary public is trained and certified on rolling fingerprints... go to your local PD and have it done there.
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• I got my cards on Friday. I got an email on Thursday saying that the deadline of my Background investigation packet was extended because there was a delay in sending out the cards.

On that note though, are we able to use a Live Scan company to do the fingerprints? SDPD's and SD County Sheriff's department's websites say they no longer offer fingerprinting services and to use Live Scan. The thing is, from what I see, Live Scan does their fingerprints electronically and automatically sends them to the DOJ for use in background investigations.

I need to find a place in SD that does ink fingerprinting and I haven't found one yet. They are all Live Scan.

Anybody else go through this before in SD or SoCal?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                    I highly doubt a notary public is trained and certified on rolling fingerprints... go to your local PD and have it done there.
                    Problem is that SDPD says they do not offer the service.

Zipties, I am in the same boat as you. Have you found a solution yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                      I am definitely not in any position to advise you on when you could be hired. In fact, nobody on this forum is. This is the Federal Government, anything is possible. I doubt Yoda or El Famoso thought they were going to go 3-4 years before being hired, especially since when they went through the process applicants were going from application to EOD in less than a year, just as they are now. Just keep working hard at your current job, stay in shape, and be patient.
                      When I applied there were people getting hired within 3 months of receiving their TO... That is when the "interim" clearance was being used quite a bit. The lucky few that are getting through from 2010 are the exception to the rule, from what has been happening in the past couple of years. For all of you 2011 testers... expect the worst and hope for the best, and above all be patient. This process will drive you nuts trying to figure it out.
                      CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by SD250R View Post
                        I got my cards on Friday. I got an email on Thursday saying that the deadline of my Background investigation packet was extended because there was a delay in sending out the cards.

On that note though, are we able to use a Live Scan company to do the fingerprints? SDPD's and SD County Sheriff's department's websites say they no longer offer fingerprinting services and to use Live Scan. The thing is, from what I see, Live Scan does their fingerprints electronically and automatically sends them to the DOJ for use in background investigations.

I need to find a place in SD that does ink fingerprinting and I haven't found one yet. They are all Live Scan.

This is my problem, too. That's why I was asking about a notary public.

Comment

• Originally posted by SD250R View Post
                          Problem is that SDPD says they do not offer the service.

Zipties, I am in the same boat as you. Have you found a solution yet?
                          You can try with any agency State or Federal, go look for other PD's near your home or work... I'm positive you'll find a department that still does ink.

If anything call MHC and see what they say about a "notary public" doing your prints.
                          Last edited by yoda; 09-11-2011, 06:37 PM.
                          CBPO

Comment

• I got mine done at a live scan office in Chula Vista on 3rd Ave for $25. Call your local live scan offices and ask if they do ink fingerprints. Also the border patrol station in East Chula Vista does it for free but they usually require you to make an appointment. Make sure you take the cards.

Originally posted by SD250R View Post
                            I got my cards on Friday. I got an email on Thursday saying that the deadline of my Background investigation packet was extended because there was a delay in sending out the cards.

CBPO

GEO - SWB - San Diego
                            Applied - 11/2010
                            Test - 12/2010
                            NOR - 2/1/11
                            T.O. - 4/1/11
                            (GS-05)
                            PFT 1 - 5/16/2011 (COMPLETED)
                            Medical - 5/16/2011 (COMPLETED)
                            Met with BI - 7/6/11 (PENDING)
                            VBT/SI - 7/11/11 (COMPLETED)
                            Drug Test - 8/4/11 (COMPLETED 10/11/11)
                            PFT2 - ?
                            EOD - ?
                            FLETC - ?

Comment

• Originally posted by castlepark06 View Post
                              I got mine done at a live scan office in Chula Vista on 3rd Ave for $25. Call your local live scan offices and ask if they do ink fingerprints. Also the border patrol station in East Chula Vista does it for free but they usually require you to make an appointment. Make sure you take the cards.
                              Great Info. Thank you so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                                When I applied there were people getting hired within 3 months of receiving their TO... That is when the "interim" clearance was being used quite a bit. The lucky few that are getting through from 2010 are the exception to the rule, from what has been happening in the past couple of years. For all of you 2011 testers... expect the worst and hope for the best, and above all be patient. This process will drive you nuts trying to figure it out.
                                Yes, the process and the varience in timelines is hard to anticipate when reading various posts from applicants noting their experiences. There seems to be quite a few Dec. 2010 applicants on here that are receiving EOD dates now. (about 9 month time frame from time of testing)-but this is the exception to the rule? Is the true timeline for most 1+years? Some BI's take longer than others, some get polygraphs, some do not? Some have completed all the testing but have not received a final offer?

I guess it's also possible that if you sucesfully pass all steps in the process and are cleared to go, you might not actually receive "a call" depending on other budgetary factors, or it may take some time even after that?

I wonder what the average final offer stats are for those that receive TO's and pass all steps?

I'll still hope for the best and stay in shape and complete all steps.

Hopefully with a SWB selection and a written score of 92, I'll have a good chance.
                                Last edited by jonnylaw; 09-11-2011, 07:07 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6370 users online. 335 members and 6035 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X