Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got the call about 30 minutes ago. I report to PHL 18 Aug 08 and I start FLETC 18 Sep 08 - 8 Jan 08.

Comment

• Originally posted by ammo19 View Post
      Just got the call about 30 minutes ago. I report to PHL 18 Aug 08 and I start FLETC 18 Sep 08 - 8 Jan 08.
      Congrats..PHL is almost my geo preference. Hopefully I will see you soon.

Whats your timeline?

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
        Congrats..PHL is almost my geo preference. Hopefully I will see you soon.

Whats your timeline?
        Tested Nov 07
        TO March 08
        Medical/Physical agility April 08
        VBT April 08
        Drug Test April or May 08
        Met with BI May 10th 2008
        Got the call today (24 Jul 08)
        Start PHL 18 Aug 08
        Start FLETC 18 Sep 08

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
          How are selections made for listings that are just a state? I applied to a critical listing, but the only choice to pick from was the state itself even though there are 10 different locations within it. I'm willing to work at any of them, but I do have top preferences. I assume there is a demand for most of the locations. Is it then based off your score on the exam and your rank within the applicants?

Whether or not you receive a CO is based off your score on the exam and your ranking within the applicants.

Which port you're offered is dependent on whichever port(s) happen to have open training slots funded.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross.sandiego View Post
            Bad news is if you don't learn enough of it, you get a one way ticket back home without a job.
            Did you guys have that many drops from academics?

Comment

• Just got back from taking the VBT. Reading over this thread the last couple days has helped. To anyone who still has to take it, dont worry. Pretty simple and common sense stuff. (knock on wood until I get the results lol)

Comment

• Ok this might be a dumb question but I was just on the FLETC website. I was reading the student information and it said for personal phone calls that phones are limited and the number of staff to answer phones is limited so personal incoming phone calls should be minimal. I can't imagine why not but are we allowed to use our personal cell phones when off duty?

Comment

• Originally posted by ammo19 View Post
                  Just got the call about 30 minutes ago. I report to PHL 18 Aug 08 and I start FLETC 18 Sep 08 - 8 Jan 08.
                  Congrats and Good Luck. I'm glad to see people are getting called.

jrq16

Comment

• security clearance

Is the security clearance level for CBPO Secret or Top Secret?

Comment

• Originally posted by jwm0516 View Post
                      Did you guys have that many drops from academics?
                      Yes. Fact is, I don't recall the actual number - Qix, correct me if my figures are inaccurate, we had six fail firearms and about the same number academically dropped and two medically rolled.

It's not a hard academy but you do have to pay attention, study a bit and don't get hurt.

Good luck to all of you heading to Georgia.
                      ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

Yes. Fact is, I don't recall the actual number - Qix, correct me if my figures are inaccurate, we had six fail firearms and about the same number academically dropped and two medically rolled.

It's not a hard academy but you do have to pay attention, study a bit and don't get hurt.

What is the procedure for dealing with injuries at FLETC? If you hurt yourself, are you SOL, or do they they allow you to heal, and then start up again with another class?
                        ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                        Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                        March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                        July 09 Oral Board
                        Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                        Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

As for the firearms, is it just sidearms or rifles also? Also, what kind of shooting do they require for you to pass, meaning what kind of percentage or point scale must you achieve?
                          Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                          Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                          Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

Damn , that is quite a few. How many were in your class at the begining?

Comment

• I received a packet today that stated that I am “NOT MEDICALLY CLEARED” because of a pinched nerve in lower back in 2004 and a inflamed shoulder where I needed a Cortisone shot in 2006. All of these medical problems were treated by my family doctor without further incident. The CBP now says that I must go see a neurosurgeon at my own expense to get a medical report done on these problems. My question, how big of a threat is this to my conditional offer and how far behind is this going to put me in my job placement?

Comment

• Originally posted by gms632 View Post
                                I received a packet today that stated that I am “NOT MEDICALLY CLEARED” because of a pinched nerve in lower back in 2004 and a inflamed shoulder where I needed a Cortisone shot in 2006. All of these medical problems were treated by my family doctor without further incident. The CBP now says that I must go see a neurosurgeon at my own expense to get a medical report done on these problems. My question, how big of a threat is this to my conditional offer and how far behind is this going to put me in my job placement?
                                The sooner you get to your Doctor the better, it is at your expense but if you want the job you need to do it. I had the same thing with the "depth perception" test, They said I didn't pass... Went to an actual eye doctor to get it done and resulted with better than average "depth perception". Go to the Doc. get him to examine you and write the report, you'll be fine... Like I said the sooner the better, it'll take a couple of weeks after they get the report from your doctor to clear it up.

Good Luck
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6776 users online. 352 members and 6424 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X