300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cbpo kid View Post
    I have a question because i have poor uncorrected vision. I was reading and it appears that there is a requirement for uncorrected vision aswell even though im a 20/20 corrected. This is really not a good thing for me can anyone share some info over this???
    I have the same problem. As long as your uncorrected is no worse than 20/100 (which is dang near blind) you should be okay. I had my medical sent back with request to have my eye dr review, notate his findings and sign. What is your uncorrected?

Comment

• Hi Chris thanks for you input, well my vision is the only thing I worry about because without corrective glasses it is pretty bad. I believe the 20/100 is the second line in the poster they usually test you on correct? Well without the glasses I can barely see the big letter and a bit blury, I might be able to make out the second line if I squint a bit. Hopefully I do make it out :/ I wonder if the test is on a poster like they usually test you everywhere.
      CBPO
      geo: SWB Texas--application date 06/28/11--written test 07/21/11 rating 97 no/vet----tentative offer 08/29/11--NORs 08/30/11--tsl#1 08/30/11--tsl#2 & equip 09/02/11--fingerprint cards 09/12/11--medical&PFT1 09/27/11--VBT&SI 09/29/11--Polygraph Test 10/12/11--background investigator 10/21/11--drug test 10/25/11--EOD offer on 10/27/11 for 12/05/11--PFT 2 soon--FLETC 01/11/12

Comment

• My boy girl got the call to EOD for GA. Guess calls are going out for that region. Keep hope alive all.
        CBP: CBPO
        EOD: 10/11/11 (South Texas)

Comment

• I have a question I dont know the results of my VBT test. I did not recieve de Structured Interview. I took VBT test on Aug 29,2011 and a week and a half later I get called for drug testing i tested yesterday sept 9/2011. Could it be possible I passed VBT therefore they sent me to drug testing. VBT letter has not arrived I am very anxious dont know what the heck is going to happen.

Written 12/10
          Nor 2/11
          Eqip 5/11
          Pft1 6/11
          Medical 7/11
          Background 8/2/11.
          Vbt 8/29/11 Did not recieve any info
          drug test 9/9/11
          This is my exact timeline:

Test: 12/10/2010 completed 82 no vet pref.
          NOR: 05/02/11
          Geo location:Laredo TX
          TO: 05/25/2011
          TSL:05/26/2011 completed
          PFT1:07/05/2011 completed
          Medical: 7/20/2011 completed
          Grade GS-5: 08/05/2011 completed
          BI: 8/5/2011 ???
          VBT: 8/29/2011 ???
          Drug Test: 9/9/2011 I know I'll pass
          The call: ?
          PFT2:?
          EOD: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by playero36 View Post
            I have a question I dont know the results of my VBT test. I did not recieve de Structured Interview. I took VBT test on Aug 29,2011 and a week and a half later I get called for drug testing i tested yesterday sept 9/2011. Could it be possible I passed VBT therefore they sent me to drug testing. VBT letter has not arrived I am very anxious dont know what the heck is going to happen.

Written 12/10
            Nor 2/11
            Eqip 5/11
            Pft1 6/11
            Medical 7/11
            Background 8/2/11.
            Vbt 8/29/11 Did not recieve any info
            drug test 9/9/11
            There's no actual letter sent out that I can recall... it'll just go green on CASS. Simply because they call you a week after for the drug test doesn't mean that you passed. A couple of weeks after being here at FLETC I received the TO for BPA, I have not shown up for any of the steps and they keep calling... just an example so you get the idea.

You can have your signature on your actual profile here instead of actually typing it in every time you post... Thought you should know.
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• I just dropped out of the process for BPA. It's pointless that you need to fill out more than 1 application for this, get more than 1 med clearance, go to more than one interview/vbt/panel. Crud is what it is.
              CBPO
              GEO - NY/JFK
              TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
              PE Forms - Completed
              Fitness - Completed
              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
              Drug Screen - Completed
              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
              Medical - 05/09 - Completed
              TSU

EOD: ???
              FLETC: ???

Comment

• They do send a letter stating your eligibility after the VBT/SI. I took both the BP and CBP interviews in July and received letters for both.

Comment

• Though I had to take two different fitness exams, the medical exam was good for both applications. I'm just glad that important items, like the BI, are good for both applications. It could be worse... Most federal jobs do not allow any process substitutions between applications.

Comment

• i think they arent going to waste money on someone who failed a vbt test and then 10 days later send them a drug test money doesnt grow on trees

Comment

• Hello,
                      Just wondering if you reside in one state but your GEO preference is in another & if you get the call how much time do they give you to pack up your apartment before reporting for EOD. Do they give you sufficient time? What's the process? Thanks
                      CBPO
                      Test: 12/10

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

"If at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again." — Aaliyah

Comment

Last edited by Freefallin; 04-26-2012, 08:15 PM.
                        CBPO
                        TO:04/01/11
                        EOD: 08/22/11
                        FLETC:09/07/11

Comment

• Originally posted by playero36 View Post
                          i think they arent going to waste money on someone who failed a vbt test and then 10 days later send them a drug test money doesnt grow on trees
                          Boricua,
                          You really don't know how the "G" works... waste is almost the name of the game. Once you've been in the system for a while you'll see...
                          CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by icecoco View Post
                            Hello,
                            Just wondering if you reside in one state but your GEO preference is in another & if you get the call how much time do they give you to pack up your apartment before reporting for EOD. Do they give you sufficient time? What's the process? Thanks
                            I had 8 days notice, with my PFT-2 4 days prior to EOD... and I was going from California to Florida. You'll have 1-2 weeks if you're lucky.
                            CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              Boricua,
                              You really don't know how the "G" works... waste is almost the name of the game. Once you've been in the system for a while you'll see...
                              I hope I pass because I started running again usually I dont like running but since I want this job I Started to but I have no motivation left because I am scared of failing the vbt test and all my work being in vain. Just started running today just in case

Comment

• Between now and Oct. 01 I wouldn't be surprised to see 'drop-of-the-hat' EODs. I imagine with most called in the next few weeks they'll be looking to bring them on-board by 09/30...at the latest.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7824 users online. 410 members and 7414 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X