Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just took and passed the PFT2. There was only one other guy there that was OFO, everyone else was BP. There were 15 of us there and everyone passed

Comment

• @Thoughtless

Congrats on graduation! How are the tests? Is it like the CBPO entry exam? Any dropout from your class? Also, do they try to weed you at the academy or help you succeed? I'm nervous having to go through all this process and get canned at the end. Good luck with post academy training!
      Last edited by Khue; 09-09-2011, 12:33 PM.
      TO: 4/09/09
      Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
      TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by *El Famoso 818* View Post
        jut got the call EOD SEP 14 SAN YSIDRO
        Congrats!!!!! I know you been waiting a long time for this! When's your Academy date? & when's your PFT2?

I'm a 2009 tester and been waiting a while too ....my medical pending hopefully there are calls going out for October.

Good luck !!!!!!

Comment

• Has anyone gotten a TO for JFK lately?

Comment

• Do anyone know if there will be any interviews in November?
            Last edited by jroc0341; 09-09-2011, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by *El Famoso 818* View Post
              jut got the call EOD SEP 14 SAN YSIDRO

Exam: FEB 2007
              NEW TO:11/19/10
              GEO: San Diego, CA
              Qualifications: Completed GS-7
              Medical: used existing. recertified in DEC 2010
              PFT 1 Test:12/30/2010
              VBT: middle 2009. expires in middle 2012
              Drug Screening: 10/27/2010
              BI: completed meet investigator in Sep 2009 cleared in
              April 2010 recleared in april 2011.
              TSU: 7/20/11
              EOD:09/14/11

CONGRATS man!!

Can anyone share some info about San Ysidro POE? Beside working ~64 hour work week.

Comment

• Originally posted by jroc0341 View Post
                Is the VBT test hard or just common sense? I have been reading a lot of the posting on here and I think it maybe hard?
                Thou shalt not discuss the content of VBT. Thou shalt not discuss the content of SI.
                Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
                  Two of my fellow classmates who are graduating with me today will be working at LAX. I believe they had been waiting since February/March 2008 when they had gotten the call in March of this year. I know there are at least one or two people heading to LAX in another class here but I don't have any information about them. The timetables of all non-SWB officers in my class were from late 2007 to early 2008. Those in my class headed to the SWB had been in the process for two to three years.

P.S. After 19 long weeks here I can't wait to finally get back home.
                  Good job Man!

I fit right in with those non-SWB applicants. I'm a April 2008 tester.

Comment

• I have a question because i have poor uncorrected vision. I was reading and it appears that there is a requirement for uncorrected vision aswell even though im a 20/20 corrected. This is really not a good thing for me can anyone share some info over this???
                    CBPO
                    geo: SWB Texas--application date 06/28/11--written test 07/21/11 rating 97 no/vet----tentative offer 08/29/11--NORs 08/30/11--tsl#1 08/30/11--tsl#2 & equip 09/02/11--fingerprint cards 09/12/11--medical&PFT1 09/27/11--VBT&SI 09/29/11--Polygraph Test 10/12/11--background investigator 10/21/11--drug test 10/25/11--EOD offer on 10/27/11 for 12/05/11--PFT 2 soon--FLETC 01/11/12

Comment

• Got an e-mail today from MHC saying they were reviewing my file and that they needed two forms that were missing. They wanted it ASAP. So, I came home this evening and sent it to them, along with military records... I don't know, but since my BI cleared one day ago, I sense that I could be next... Just hoping and praying for that call...

CBPO
                      GS-7
                      Score: 86 w/veteran points
                      Test: 07/25/2008
                      NOR: 08/01/2008
                      Tentative Selection: 12/22/2008
                      1st EQIP: 09/12/2010
                      PFT/Medical: 09/22/2010
                      2nd EQIP: 02/09/2011
                      VBT/SI: 02/08/2011
                      Drug Test: 03/10/2011
                      BI: 05/10/2011 Meet Background Investigator
                      BI: 09/08/2011 Background Clear and in the Green
                      CBPO GS-7
                      Test: 07/25/08 86 w/veteran points
                      NOR: 08/01/08
                      Tentative Selection: 12/22/08
                      1st EQIP: 09/12/10 Completed
                      PFT/Medical: 09/22/10 Completed
                      2nd EQIP: 02/09/11 Completed
                      VBT/SI: 02/08/11 Completed
                      Drug Test: 03/10/11 Completed
                      BI: 05/10/11 Meet BI
                      BI: 09/08/11 BI Completed
                      TSU: 09/09/11
                      The Call: 09/21/11
                      PFT2: 09/30/11
                      EOD: 10/03/11
                      FLETC: 10/25/11

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
                        Two of my fellow classmates who are graduating with me today will be working at LAX. I believe they had been waiting since February/March 2008 when they had gotten the call in March of this year. I know there are at least one or two people heading to LAX in another class here but I don't have any information about them. The timetables of all non-SWB officers in my class were from late 2007 to early 2008. Those in my class headed to the SWB had been in the process for two to three years.

P.S. After 19 long weeks here I can't wait to finally get back home.

That's when the LAX folks tested? or when they got through everything?

Anyone, how is it now determined who gets called first? TO date?

Comment

• Has anyone on here ever had to have their EOD date pushed back? I have been cleared for everything just waiting on my background to clear for SWB which could be Monday or could be 4 months from now I don't know. My problem is I find out next Wednesday if I have torn something in my shoulder and if I have I know I will need to have surgery to fix it. If this happens and they call me to schedule an EOD while I'm still in a sling I want to know what to expect but there are no contact numbers about EOD dates and I know they generally just call you.
                          I have a desk job right now and would not have a problem working for a few weeks in a sling. Even if I went through the Academy with a torn shoulder and got the surgery after once at my port I doubt I would be able to work while in a sling for 5 weeks so it would be best for me to take care of this now (if it turns out I do have a tear) but I also don't want to jeapordize my chances with CBP. You guys have any advice or numbers I can contact to try and get some answers from MHC?
                          CBPO
                          Test: 12/6/10
                          NOR: 1/25/11
                          T.O. 5/25/11
                          Geo: Laredo, TX

Comment

• Originally posted by GUILE View Post
                            Has anyone on here ever had to have their EOD date pushed back? I have been cleared for everything just waiting on my background to clear for SWB which could be Monday or could be 4 months from now I don't know. My problem is I find out next Wednesday if I have torn something in my shoulder and if I have I know I will need to have surgery to fix it. If this happens and they call me to schedule an EOD while I'm still in a sling I want to know what to expect but there are no contact numbers about EOD dates and I know they generally just call you.
                            I have a desk job right now and would not have a problem working for a few weeks in a sling. Even if I went through the Academy with a torn shoulder and got the surgery after once at my port I doubt I would be able to work while in a sling for 5 weeks so it would be best for me to take care of this now (if it turns out I do have a tear) but I also don't want to jeapordize my chances with CBP. You guys have any advice or numbers I can contact to try and get some answers from MHC?
                            Hopefully it's a different situation for those who have received a tentative offer. I emailed MHC because I broke my leg a month and a half ago, a pretty bad break. All in all I'm looking at a 6month to a year recovery time depending on how things heal. I emailed MHC to ask what their policy was regarding people who receive a TO but due to injury are unable to take part in the PFT1 or medical and the response I received was that they wouldn't address the scenario with me due to the fact that I haven't received a TO yet. I would have imagined that they have come across this situation before and could have easily told me how it was previously handled but that was not the case.

I would go ahead and get the surgery and not worry about contacting MHC. My brother injured his shoulder to the point that it would dislocate on a regular basis. Post surgery it has been as good as new and he hasn't experienced a dislocated shoulder since. His recovery time wasn't bad at all and he was back in the gym and on the soccer field in no time. I can't imagine attempting to go through the academy with a shoulder that is less than 100% and you might have a difficult time rehabilitating the shoulder once employed with CBP compared to the rehab with the desk job. If you read the DHS budget proposal for 2012 they are still anticipating quite a few new hires along the Southwest border and as the end of the FY closes in it may be a while before they start the hiring push again for FY 2012, especially after the mad push for new hires prior to Oct. 1. Time seems to be on your side at this point, good luck with whatever you decide and take care of that shoulder.

Comment

• Are many applying for both CBPO and BPA positions at the same time? Do some of the pre-employment steps transfer over to each other?

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnylaw View Post
                                Are many applying for both CBPO and BPA positions at the same time? Do some of the pre-employment steps transfer over to each other?
                                I am personally not applying to both, I'm unable to relocate to the SWB but I know of quite a few who are in the process for both CBPO and BPA. Also, a few of the steps do transfer over, BI, Poly, drug test, not sure about the SI and I don't think BPA has a VBT but I could be wrong. The guys I know who all put in for BPA back in September 2010 are still in the process, most either waiting on BI to clear or poly results. I thought the process would have moved much quicker for them all but anything goes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12670 users online. 499 members and 12171 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X