Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by clou View Post
    Hi all:

Just wanted to drop a line and see if there is anyone else that lives in Murrieta, California or the surrounding areas that is going through the process with CBPO, took the exam in December 2010 and is at the tail end of the process. Also that they selected the SWB as their port (ie San Yasidro, Otay Mesa, Imperial Beach, Port of Longbeach, Ontario Airport, San Bern logistice Airport, Etc.)
    I live up in Hesperia. Tested in December 2010 for CBPO with CA SWB as my pref. My BI has been interviewing my references the past couple weeks, so we'll see what happens.
    BOP, Correctional Officer, 6/2009 - 12/2011
    CBPO
    Geo preference: CA SWB
    Tested: 12/10/10
    NOR: 1/25/11 Score: 93
    TO: 5/25/11
    PFT1: 6/29/11 Successful
    Medical Complete: 10/20/11
    VBT/SI: 10/26/11 Pass
    Background Complete: 11/10/11
    EOD: 12/19/11 San Ysidro, CA
    BPA
    Geo Preference: CA SWB
    Applied: 8/4/11
    Written Test: 4/2006, score 90
    New NOR: 8/24/11
    TSL 1: 9/7/11
    PFT1: 10/13/11 Pass
    OB: 10/20/11 Pass
    TSU: 12/2/11

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnylaw View Post
      Congrats to those that received Final offers!

I just submitted my Eqip..The wait begins...

I'm hoping they can do medical/pft in 1 day and the VBT/SI another day so I'm not taking too many days off of work...
      From what I've heard, most people are doing their medical and PFT1 together the same day, but it may be different for you. Mine was scheduled separately, a month apart from each other at two different locations. So, like I said, it may be different.
      BOP, Correctional Officer, 6/2009 - 12/2011
      CBPO
      Geo preference: CA SWB
      Tested: 12/10/10
      NOR: 1/25/11 Score: 93
      TO: 5/25/11
      PFT1: 6/29/11 Successful
      Medical Complete: 10/20/11
      VBT/SI: 10/26/11 Pass
      Background Complete: 11/10/11
      EOD: 12/19/11 San Ysidro, CA
      BPA
      Geo Preference: CA SWB
      Applied: 8/4/11
      Written Test: 4/2006, score 90
      New NOR: 8/24/11
      TSL 1: 9/7/11
      PFT1: 10/13/11 Pass
      OB: 10/20/11 Pass
      TSU: 12/2/11

Comment

• Originally posted by clou View Post
        Hi all:

Does anyone know how many days of travel a new hire actually gets before he or she has to report to the Academy in Georgia?
        Is it based on class Academy start date and size, Or Duty Station...

Just share with me your story, please. I saw through this blog that they only gave 24 hours to one new hire, to get from his port
        Nogalas, to the Academy in Georgia.
        It mostly depends on how hard(or easy) it is for CBP to get you from your home port to FLETC. More often than not, it's quicker to fly.

Nogales is 65 miles or so from the airport in Tucson. From there it is a flight to Atlanta...and then either Brunswick or Jacksonville to catch a van ride to FLETC. As alternatives...you can fly from Tucson to Las Vegas or Denver and then to Jacksonville...or to Brunswick via Atlanta. For the most part, it ends up only taking a day of travel. Hence one travel day. If you're looking at traveling from Nome, AK or the NMIs as examples, you'll probably see more than one travel day.

If you really wish to drive, ask about manipulating your schedule to give you RDOs before embarking for FLETC. Using annual leave for travel may also be an option...if you have any.

Comment

• Originally posted by cgm1982 View Post
          Hopefully someone can help me with this question!! I would love to have this process move more quickly, I took the test back in Dec 2010, got my results 1/25/11, never got a TO yet. My geographic location is the SE Region, mainly LA. If I changed my geographic location to the SWB and went through the process and got employed, how long would it take before I could get accepted for a transfer back to LA????
          New Orleans is a small Field Office. I imagine that would affect both your chances of initial hire within that FO, and your chances of relocating into to it...at a future date.

My advice...if Louisiana is where you want to be, wait for an LA offer. If you are willing to work the SWB, apply to the SWB with the idea of never getting back to a port within the NO FO. Expect to get no closer to LA than Atlanta, Miami or Laredo. If you happen to make it back...great. If not, well...that is life within CBP for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by dfacedc View Post
            Hey did you get any info on hotels to stay at in El Paso for that EOD? I thought we get recommendations from them w/ special "rates". I've got nothing. Feel free to email me if you want I EOD El Paso 9/12. dfacedc at y a hoo
            email sent!

Comment

• Does September only have one EOD? Specifically Sept.12. Are there any other EOD's for Sept?

Comment

• For the people that recently got the call, how long did you background take to clear?
                Tested: 8/2008
                TO: 12/2008
                GEO: LAX/LB
                1st TSU: 3/5/09
                2nd Medical: 6/1/11
                Cleared 6/22/11
                2nd BI: met 7/14/11
                Cleared 9/29/11
                2nd TSU:
                Referred to Schedule EOD: 9/23/2011

The Call: 10/24/11
                EOD: 11/21/11 (LAX)
                Fletc: 12/30 - 5/7/12

PFT2: 11/4/11 (passed)
                Final EOD letter: 11/7/11

Comment

• I have a couple questions about the Side-Step test for PTF1. Does anyone know the distance between the lines? And do center line crosses count too or is it only outside line crosses? I read through the pdf on the site, but it doesn't address those questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by a2002slp View Post
                    Hey guys, Congrats on those who received calls! One question I have all green Checks on cass. I took my drug test about 2 weeks ago and still shows pending, how long does it normally take to show a green Check?
                    My BI cleared on tuseday and already shows green check. Thanks guys also I'm in riverside county CA is anyone applying in my area?
                    Hey Bro....I'm new around here, but I'm out in the east end of Riv. Co (Palm Springs Area). Hope all is going good with your B.I.

Comment

• Originally posted by a2002slp View Post
                      Hey guys, Congrats on those who received calls! One question I have all green Checks on cass. I took my drug test about 2 weeks ago and still shows pending, how long does it normally take to show a green Check?
                      My BI cleared on tuseday and already shows green check. Thanks guys also I'm in riverside county CA is anyone applying in my area?
                      how long did you BI take to cleaR?
                      Tested: 8/2008
                      TO: 12/2008
                      GEO: LAX/LB
                      1st TSU: 3/5/09
                      2nd Medical: 6/1/11
                      Cleared 6/22/11
                      2nd BI: met 7/14/11
                      Cleared 9/29/11
                      2nd TSU:
                      Referred to Schedule EOD: 9/23/2011

The Call: 10/24/11
                      EOD: 11/21/11 (LAX)
                      Fletc: 12/30 - 5/7/12

PFT2: 11/4/11 (passed)
                      Final EOD letter: 11/7/11

Comment

• I am scheduled for my drug test tomorrow, here's my timeline:
                        written: Dec 9 2010 (87/w vet pref)
                        Switched GEO to AZ from Buffalo, immediately got TO in early May.
                        Medical and fitness:May, June.
                        BI: started in June in different state, met with me July 26, still in security office.
                        VBT and SI: Aug 4, Eligible Aug 12
                        Drug Test scheduled Sept 8.

People who have gotten the call, does this look good for an October EOD? I'm optimistic and praying for fast budget with no delays. I am not naive and realize it could take a long time, but confident it won't take to much longer because of my GEO, hopefully Nogales, AZ. Any thoughts?
                        Test: 12/10 (Geo: BUF) New Geo: AZ 5/03/11 TO:5/25/11
                        Pre-Employment and Quals: Pending
                        BI: Started 6/11 met with investigator 7/26/11...Pending
                        Fit1: 6/30/11........Completed
                        VBT/SI: 8/12/11...Completed
                        MED: 7/10/11.... Completed
                        DT: 9/08/11... Completed Fit2: ? EOD ?

Comment

• Got the call guys! EOD SEPT 26. Anybody got info on Hidalgo PM me.
                          CBP: CBPO
                          EOD: 10/11/11 (South Texas)

Comment

• Originally posted by BKsfinest10 View Post
                            Got the call guys! EOD SEPT 26. Anybody got info on Hidalgo PM me.
                            Congrats!

Just out of curiosity, what does CASS look like for you?

Comment

• Originally posted by jandrews6 View Post
                              Congrats!

Just out of curiosity, what does CASS look like for you?
                              I am still pending my drug which I took last week. Maybe they know something I don't before its been updated. Thanks. TX here I come lol.
                              CBP: CBPO
                              EOD: 10/11/11 (South Texas)

Comment

• anyone here from Laredo Texas that took the written test in july?

cbpo progress so far
                                test application 06/2011
                                written test 07/2011 score 97 w/o vet points
                                tentative offer 08/2011 came one day before NOR's
                                NOR's 08/2011
                                tsl 1 08/2001
                                tsl 2 and eqip 09/2011

I wonder whats next, can't access CASS yet, anyone in the same boat with me?
                                Last edited by cbpo kid; 09-07-2011, 04:38 PM.
                                CBPO
                                geo: SWB Texas--application date 06/28/11--written test 07/21/11 rating 97 no/vet----tentative offer 08/29/11--NORs 08/30/11--tsl#1 08/30/11--tsl#2 & equip 09/02/11--fingerprint cards 09/12/11--medical&PFT1 09/27/11--VBT&SI 09/29/11--Polygraph Test 10/12/11--background investigator 10/21/11--drug test 10/25/11--EOD offer on 10/27/11 for 12/05/11--PFT 2 soon--FLETC 01/11/12

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10050 users online. 374 members and 9676 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X