300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 86cursed View Post
    If an applicant is willing to relocate to another area, does that give them a better shot at being hired?
    Maybe. Probably. It really depends on where your first preference was and where you're thinking of relocating to, and the score of your test.

A minimally qualified(test score) person stands a much better chance of being selected in less desirable/hard to fill locations like northern MN, ND, MT, et al.

Comment

• Employment history dilemma for BI

Regarding the employment history portion of the background investigation, I've been with the same company since I graduated from college six years ago. Prior to that, I worked part-time at a restaurant during college breaks. The restaurant was a revolving door for managers and staff alike and I sincerely doubt any of the staff with whom I worked are still employed there. This may pose a major problem if the BI is required to interview my former manager and/or co-workers. Has anyone else been in this predicament? I'm sure the restaurant's HR dept can verify my length of employment; however, my concern is whether or not personal interviews of all previous employers are required for clearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross.sandiego View Post
        There is wireless internet access at the "G-Bar". You'll find a bunch of regulars there in the evening having a cold frosty while checking email, gaming online or just surfing the net. On weekend mornings before opening time there are also people sitting on steps or in their cars getting online. If you're lucky enough to have a room in the "crackhouses" which face toward the G-Bar (building 275, I think) you can sit outside your cell and log on. Further, when I went back for Spanish I stayed at the Jameson Inn across from the mall. They had wirleless access in the rooms.
        The Crackhouses bring back great memories don't they Cross!
        Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• do these special COLA rates apply to CBO's?

http://www.opm.gov/oca/cola/rates.asp

Comment

• Originally posted by miami1987 View Post
            do these special COLA rates apply to CBO's?

http://www.opm.gov/oca/cola/rates.asp
            I am not sure on this but I don't think you can receive both COLA and locality... Someone confirm or deny..

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
              I am not sure on this but I don't think you can receive both COLA and locality... Someone confirm or deny..
              the way i read it is if u are in one of those designated areas, you get that COLA instead of the locality...because if u look at opm gs 2008 schedule, it is only for continental US. the COLA is for us territories... im not sure though. anyone can confirm?

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                The Crackhouses bring back great memories don't they Cross!

Yeah, Qix, it was actually a pretty good time. Kind of like summer camp for grown-ups (well...sort of grown-up). ...Gathering around the coolers outside someone's room for a beer or two. Playing cards or shooting pool while waiting for a washing machine to free up. G-Bar crowd "borrowing" your bike after midnight to ride back to the Taj. The very social neighbor from ATF who brought his surround-sound system and seemed to always invite friends over on the night you finally got around to studying for that upcoming exam. Having to share the head with the neighbor who frequently "took care af business" before you would go in to shower. J.B. outside his cell having a smoke at 0530 hrs as a substitute for breakfast. And those cats - everywhere, those cats.
                ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                  Gabbanelli911:

it is your sf86 plus credit, traffic, education, etc... simply put, he will go over all of the information from the sf86 in detail. He will have a credit report with him, and your driving record/history... That's pretty much it, you're worrying
                  about nothing, paying too much attention to the 27 page questionare he told you about... The meeting will take as much time as it does to go over every question on the sf86, and any questions he might have on any other detail.
                  If I remember correctly you mentioned you were a police officer in AZ, so I wouldn't worry about anything he might have to ask you, there won't be any surprise questions.

Good Luck

Thanks for your information. I'm just curious to know what kind of questions they are going to ask. When I had my background investigation to be a police officer, I had to take a polygraph test and even though I don't have a criminal record and have never used drugs, the investigator made me feel like I was lying. The same thing happened to the other applicants. It was stressful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabbanelli911 View Post
                    To those of you that already had a background interview, what does the "27 page Background Investigation Personal Interview" consist of? I'm having my background investigation and my background investigator told me that we were going to go over the SF-86 and the 27 page background investigation personal interview.

What kind of questions are involved in this 27 page questionaire? Thanks for your responses.
                    It's basically your sf86 and your e-qip. Then there are a few other questions regarding criminal history, drug use and stuff. Pretty easy.
                    USSCP
                    Faxed App 7/28/10
                    Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
                    Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by jbsm1013 View Post
                      Regarding the employment history portion of the background investigation, I've been with the same company since I graduated from college six years ago. Prior to that, I worked part-time at a restaurant during college breaks. The restaurant was a revolving door for managers and staff alike and I sincerely doubt any of the staff with whom I worked are still employed there. This may pose a major problem if the BI is required to interview my former manager and/or co-workers. Has anyone else been in this predicament? I'm sure the restaurant's HR dept can verify my length of employment; however, my concern is whether or not personal interviews of all previous employers are required for clearance.
                      Don't worry about who they are going to contact. Just list the information you have, including your supervisor at the time.
                      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross.sandiego View Post
                        Yeah, Qix, it was actually a pretty good time. Kind of like summer camp for grown-ups (well...sort of grown-up). ...Gathering around the coolers outside someone's room for a beer or two. Playing cards or shooting pool while waiting for a washing machine to free up. G-Bar crowd "borrowing" your bike after midnight to ride back to the Taj. The very social neighbor from ATF who brought his surround-sound system and seemed to always invite friends over on the night you finally got around to studying for that upcoming exam. Having to share the head with the neighbor who frequently "took care af business" before you would go in to shower. J.B. outside his cell having a smoke at 0530 hrs as a substitute for breakfast. And those cats - everywhere, those cats.

Well... your just making it sound oh so exciting... I'll be there for football season, so as long as I have access to cable on sunday, i guess im good to go. ha ha
                        Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                        Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                        Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by miami1987 View Post
                          the way i read it is if u are in one of those designated areas, you get that COLA instead of the locality...because if u look at opm gs 2008 schedule, it is only for continental US. the COLA is for us territories... im not sure though. anyone can confirm?

I know Alaskan CBPO's receive a 25% COLA. I imagine that's on top of the RUS locality pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                            Well... your just making it sound oh so exciting... I'll be there for football season, so as long as I have access to cable on sunday, i guess im good to go. ha ha
                            It's run by the Government. What'd you expect? Club Med? Club Fed is more accurate. You're actually there to learn a lot of info to take back to a port where you'll only use about half of what you were force-fed. That's the good news. Bad news is if you don't learn enough of it, you get a one way ticket back home without a job. They do try to provide some diversions (Brunswick and Glynco aren't exactly famous for their nightlife and tourist sites) but Uncle Sugar's purpose in putting this thing together was not to entertain his recruits.

That being said, the Jacksonville home games are worth the money. A ticket and ride to the game with free beer and food.
                            ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

• How are selections made for listings that are just a state? I applied to a critical listing, but the only choice to pick from was the state itself even though there are 10 different locations within it. I'm willing to work at any of them, but I do have top preferences. I assume there is a demand for most of the locations. Is it then based off your score on the exam and your rank within the applicants?

Comment

• Anyone familiar with the CBP K-9 program? More specifically, what the requirements, difficulties and processes are to become a K-9 handler?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8436 users online. 428 members and 8008 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X