Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup same here. I waited about 20 mins and then had to the SI. I got the letter in the mail in about 5 days saying I was "Eligible". I too had it in SD.

Originally posted by Geologik1 View Post
    Hi Fellow Applicants,

I recently took my VBT in San Diego on 9/1, and the process was somewhat different then I thought. I went in there just thinking I was only going to do the VBT but after I completed it I waited there another 30 min or so and the CBPO proctor came out and asked me to follow him for a Structured Interview. Question, is this a good thing or a bad thing? Reading some info earlier about the VBT I'm assuming I passed the VBT for them to give me a second interview on the spot. I was a bit nervous about the SI since I was not expecting it but I believe I did well on it, now just waiting on my results. Anybody else have the same experience? Thanks!
    CBPO

GEO - SWB - San Diego
    Applied - 11/2010
    Test - 12/2010
    NOR - 2/1/11
    T.O. - 4/1/11
    (GS-05)
    PFT 1 - 5/16/2011 (COMPLETED)
    Medical - 5/16/2011 (COMPLETED)
    Met with BI - 7/6/11 (PENDING)
    VBT/SI - 7/11/11 (COMPLETED)
    Drug Test - 8/4/11 (COMPLETED 10/11/11)
    PFT2 - ?
    EOD - ?
    FLETC - ?

Comment

• If you answer "No" To Section 21 psych/emotional health, do you still have to upload the MEL (medical/practitioner release)? The MEL form says you do not have to, but the overall instructions seem to indicate all 4 signature pages are to be uploaded?

Comment

• Originally posted by castlepark06 View Post
        Yup same here. I waited about 20 mins and then had to the SI. I got the letter in the mail in about 5 days saying I was "Eligible". I too had it in SD.

5. What is the Structured Interview (SI)?
        The structured interview (SI) is a new assessment that will be given to applicants who apply for entry-level CBPO positions after October 2010. The interview will be given face-to-face, meaning that you will be interviewed in person; however, it will be videotaped for documentation purposes. You will be interviewed by 1-2 interviewer(s) who will ask you questions about your past experience handling certain situations and will probe for additional information. After you are dismissed from the room, two trained interviewers will rate you on several competencies. (Note that at some smaller testing locations, you may only be interviewed in person by one interviewer; however, a offsite second interviewer will participate in the rating process.) You must pass the SI in order to continue in the hiring process.

Video Based Test (VBT) and Structured Interview (SI):
        Beginning in November 2010, all new applicants to CBP Officer positions must pass both a video-based test (VBT) and a structured interview (SI) in order to be hired as a CBP Officer. Applicants who applied before November 2010 are only required to complete the VBT. You will likely take the VBT and the SI on the same day; however, it is possible that due to operational constraints you may be asked to take the SI later in the day or on a separate day.
        Last edited by *El Famoso 818*; 09-05-2011, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geologik1 View Post
          Hi Fellow Applicants,

I recently took my VBT in San Diego on 9/1, and the process was somewhat different then I thought. I went in there just thinking I was only going to do the VBT but after I completed it I waited there another 30 min or so and the CBPO proctor came out and asked me to follow him for a Structured Interview. Question, is this a good thing or a bad thing? Reading some info earlier about the VBT I'm assuming I passed the VBT for them to give me a second interview on the spot. I was a bit nervous about the SI since I was not expecting it but I believe I did well on it, now just waiting on my results. Anybody else have the same experience? Thanks!

5. What is the Structured Interview (SI)?
          The structured interview (SI) is a new assessment that will be given to applicants who apply for entry-level CBPO positions after October 2010. The interview will be given face-to-face, meaning that you will be interviewed in person; however, it will be videotaped for documentation purposes. You will be interviewed by 1-2 interviewer(s) who will ask you questions about your past experience handling certain situations and will probe for additional information. After you are dismissed from the room, two trained interviewers will rate you on several competencies. (Note that at some smaller testing locations, you may only be interviewed in person by one interviewer; however, a offsite second interviewer will participate in the rating process.) You must pass the SI in order to continue in the hiring process.

Video Based Test (VBT) and Structured Interview (SI):
          Beginning in November 2010, all new applicants to CBP Officer positions must pass both a video-based test (VBT) and a structured interview (SI) in order to be hired as a CBP Officer. Applicants who applied before November 2010 are only required to complete the VBT. You will likely take the VBT and the SI on the same day; however, it is possible that due to operational constraints you may be asked to take the SI later in the day or on a separate day.

Exam: FEB 2007
          NEW TO:11/19/10
          GEO: San Diego, CA
          Qualifications: Completed GS-7
          Medical: used existing. recertified in DEC 2010
          PFT 1 Test:12/30/2010
          VBT: middle 2009. expires in middle 2012
          Drug Screening: 10/27/2010
          BI: completed meet investigator in Sep 2009 cleared in
          April 2010 recleared in april 2011.
          TSU: 7/20/11

BPA: test 2005
          EOD: 2/28/11

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnylaw View Post
            If you answer "No" To Section 21 psych/emotional health, do you still have to upload the MEL (medical/practitioner release)? The MEL form says you do not have to, but the overall instructions seem to indicate all 4 signature pages are to be uploaded?

Does anyone know the answer to this question please?

Comment

• Hey YODA I got a good one for you! I went to Nashville this last thursday to take my PFT2 for Border Patrol and I passed it easily. About 4 hours later MHC calls me and offers me a CBPO position for Houston International Airport, I accepted of course and EOD september 19th. I got called friday by the HR lady for Houston since I had already taken and passed my PFT2 the day earlier. FLETC here I come, only been three years but what the hell!!

Written: 7/2008
              TO: 8/2008
              TSU: 1/2009
              EOD: 9/19/2011

Comment

• Congrats when is your academy date!?!?!
                CBPO
                Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                TO: 2/2011
                Medical: 3/22/2011
                PT Test: 3/22/2011
                VBT: 3/2011
                Background: 3/2011
                Drug Test: 4/2011
                Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                PT Test 2: TBD
                FLETC: Good Question lol
                CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                Info Session 9/2009
                Interview 3/2010
                COE 5/2010
                Medical 5/2010
                Fit/Background 7/2010
                All clear as of 11/2010
                FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Congrats brotha!

Comment

• September 30th

Comment

• Hey you guys that are EODing what is your academy date?

Comment

• Originally posted by stck_mkt View Post
                        Hey you guys that are EODing what is your academy date?
                        Mine is 9/29

Comment

• really? huh my EOD letter says sep 30th. Class CBPOBT-123

Comment

really? huh my EOD letter says sep 30th. Class CBPOBT-123
                            I don't know the way FLETC operates by any means, but maybe there is such a huge push to cram people into FLETC before the end of the FY that you two are indeed in two separate classes?

Congratulations to both of you!

Comment

really? huh my EOD letter says sep 30th. Class CBPOBT-123
                              MHC told me they had one on the 29th and the 30th

Comment

Hey YODA I got a good one for you! I went to Nashville this last thursday to take my PFT2 for Border Patrol and I passed it easily. About 4 hours later MHC calls me and offers me a CBPO position for Houston International Airport, I accepted of course and EOD september 19th. I got called friday by the HR lady for Houston since I had already taken and passed my PFT2 the day earlier. FLETC here I come, only been three years but what the hell!!

Written: 7/2008
                                TO: 8/2008
                                TSU: 1/2009
                                EOD: 9/19/2011
                                Congrats!... See you on campus!!!
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8758 users online. 482 members and 8276 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X