300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by efeldma2002 View Post
    Thanks Yoda, they also made me sign a preliminary clearance. So hoping they can just grant that soon and I can work while they finish up that junk. It is crazy how long it takes with CBP. I know they have a ton of workload but they must lose so many people b/c the BI takes forever.
    A couple of years ago they were practicing the "interim" clearances, which was shut down due to some characters filtering through the practice, but who knows if they will do those again... and if they can do this for you position. I can only say about our process and shared experiences. There might be some differences with your process.
    Took me 4 years to get hired, bottom line is... If you really want it, you will wait. In your case it'll be a foot in the door to ultimately get the job as an attorney for CBP.

Best of luck!
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Thanks a lot Yoda! Yeah, the HR lady says my position (maybe b/c it is non law enforcement) they do the preliminary clearances and that's why they made me sign it.

Comment

• The academy is tentatively scheduled to have 14 classes running at the same time at the end of the calendar year. There are currently 8 classes at the academy with my class graduating this Friday. Best of luck on the new hiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
          The academy is tentatively scheduled to have 14 classes running at the same time at the end of the calendar year. There are currently 8 classes at the academy with my class graduating this Friday. Best of luck on the new hiring.
          Good luck with your last week!

Comment

• Thanks for getting back to me...I disagree... I was even told from the proctor that it was being sent to MHC for review. I also am fortunate to have a very best friend that is border patrol. He has been an agent for 16 years and was a supervisor for 7 of it. The last four years he has been on the other side of the table interviewing. He said the VBT served the purpose of that, for that is exactly what they would do in person. I will wait to see the results in a couple of weeks. My frien is now a GS -15 and recently transferred to ICE...
            Good luck to you.
            Originally posted by ocsieric View Post
            You will only have the interview after you pass the VBT. The tape is reviewed once you complete the VBT that same day and if you have not passed the VBT there is no reason for the Interview. Sorry for the news!

Comment

• Hi all:

Just wanted to drop a line and see if there is anyone else that lives in Murrieta, California or the surrounding areas that is going through the process with CBPO, took the exam in December 2010 and is at the tail end of the process. Also that they selected the SWB as their port (ie San Yasidro, Otay Mesa, Imperial Beach, Port of Longbeach, Ontario Airport, San Bern logistice Airport, Etc.)

Comment

• Actually he's right. It may not apply every where, but I know some places have Supervisory CBPO's review the tape on the spot to determine if the applicant will get an interview. This is what CBP will do across the board here one of these days.

Originally posted by clou View Post
                Thanks for getting back to me...I disagree... I was even told from the proctor that it was being sent to MHC for review. I also am fortunate to have a very best friend that is border patrol. He has been an agent for 16 years and was a supervisor for 7 of it. The last four years he has been on the other side of the table interviewing. He said the VBT served the purpose of that, for that is exactly what they would do in person. I will wait to see the results in a couple of weeks. My frien is now a GS -15 and recently transferred to ICE...
                Good luck to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by stowell.travis View Post
                  I been trying to follow along and am just able to post for some reason. My background cleared Tuesday and I got a call Thursday to be in Nogales in 10 days.

I am sure this question has been asked but i need help and fast since I didn't get much notice. Is it better to drive I am in Detroit or fly and rent a car for two weeks. Or would someone be interested in sharing costs? Contact me if u can.
                  Written 12/10
                  Nor 2/11
                  Eqip 4/11
                  Medical and fitness 5/11
                  Background 7/2/11. Cleared 8/31
                  Vbt and SI. 7/19/11 passed
                  Pft2 9/8
                  Eod. 9/12
                  Congrats!

I'm in the same boat as you. Only I live in WI and EOD in El Paso on the 12th. Pretty sure you're going to have to fly as the time frame we're given doesn't really make driving possible. I was given one travel day to get the the academy from El Paso. So unless you think you can drive from Nogales to GA (what 24 hrs straight?) you'll probably be flying there in which case you'll have to find some way to store your car in AZ.

I'll probably be seeing you at the PFT2 this week in MI!

Comment

• I was wondering if anyone knows how the written exam is scored. I got my results back and was told I scored a 100. This seems awfully high, and I cannot imagine I didn't miss a single questions. One of my friends who also took the test suggested that maybe the reasoning, math, and English sections are pass/fail and the only part actually scored is the self rating/ prior experience sections. Anybody know?

Comment

• I recently took the VBT test and after that I did not recieve the Structured interview but they did not tell that i failed she simply told me i would recieve word from MHC. What expectation should I have ?

Written 12/10
                      Nor 2/11
                      Eqip 5/11
                      Medical and fitness 6/11
                      Background 8/2/11.
                      Vbt 8/29/11 Did not recieve any info
                      Last edited by playero36; 09-04-2011, 01:51 PM.
                      This is my exact timeline:

Test: 12/10/2010 completed 82 no vet pref.
                      NOR: 05/02/11
                      Geo location:Laredo TX
                      TO: 05/25/2011
                      TSL:05/26/2011 completed
                      PFT1:07/05/2011 completed
                      Medical: 7/20/2011 completed
                      Grade GS-5: 08/05/2011 completed
                      BI: 8/5/2011 ???
                      VBT: 8/29/2011 ???
                      Drug Test: 9/9/2011 I know I'll pass
                      The call: ?
                      PFT2:?
                      EOD: ?

Comment

• Does anyone know when the cass system updates? I received confirmation that my pre employment forms were received and I am about to submit my Eqip.

I spoke with MHC and I am not scheduled for any testing as of yet. I was told I should see my profile on Cass, but I am unable to as of yet...

Comment

• So, are they issuing the t.o.'s by email rather than getting the big packet with the t.o. letter in the mail now? Thats new. Also i saw where in the application it says something to the tune of "Have you had a successful BI within the last (3 or 5) years? May we use this as part of your pre-employment screening?". Anyone who is in the process who has fallen into the "yes" category for this question see any expedition of your application process? Just curious why this question is new to the application process.
                          On a side note, has anyone with zero spanish skills completed the FLETC spanish program to work on the SWB and how difficult is the requirement?
                          Last edited by barnaj; 09-04-2011, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                            So, are they issuing the t.o.'s by email rather than getting the big packet with the t.o. letter in the mail now?
                            I would like to know this also. It would apprear most of them are coming through e-mail, that is just from me reading back into this thread though no real info.
                            App. 7.2011
                            Test 7.2011
                            N.O.R. 9.2011
                            TSL1 MAY-2012
                            TSL2 May-2012
                            B.I. -In Security Office
                            PFT1-June-Passed-2012
                            Medical - July-2012
                            VBT/SI - July-2012

Comment

• Everything I have received, including TO offer, phase II invite, etc. has been by e-mail in the form of pdf attachments.

I can't reach a few of my relatives to get all required info for the sf86, not sure what I should do...

Also, just received invite to test for FBI...

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnylaw View Post
                                Does anyone know when the cass system updates? I received confirmation that my pre employment forms were received and I am about to submit my Eqip.

I spoke with MHC and I am not scheduled for any testing as of yet. I was told I should see my profile on Cass, but I am unable to as of yet...
                                I'm in the same boat; I still don't show up in CASS. I did go ahead and turn in my SF86 because it says that it can be done before the verification of qualifications.

Did you get your fingerprint (SF87A) cards yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11460 users online. 414 members and 11046 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X