Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dannyw View Post
    I actually sent out my equip without the attachments too.. when i emailed them to double check if they got my equip, the guy replied and told me i can just reply back with the needed attachment forms though email.
    Thank you. I just emailed them

    Comment


    • Hello all...I took my VBT and was found "ineligible"...I was wondering if it was possible to appeal this decision? I believe there was a "conflict of interest" since one of my test administrators was my previous Sup in CBP? if so does anyone have an email or phone number? Thanks in advance for your advice.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by baron6 View Post
        I just sent in my Equip with some forms I forgot to attached. Anyone know what I can do? I can't access Equip anymore since I released the forms...
        Be careful about sending them some of the attached forms via email as there is personal information like social security numbers. You can fax the forms (which would be my advice over email). You need to attach the fax cover sheet to EVERY form, not just one cover sheet for all the forms.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by yoda View Post
          ++1
          You have to keep in mind the fact that our position exposes us to quite a bit of sensitive material and information... not to mention the power of enforcing those laws at a POE. This alone requires a thorough BI just to verify the type of person that will be coming in and eventually become a CBPO. I hold a "secret" clearance with the Army, and I never even met an investigator... but I was required to fill out and submit the same SF-86.

          I would also advice the poster not to "TRUST" what is said from MHC.... as we came to know from our extended time in the waiting line, they can give you 10 different answers to the same question. So take their responses with a grain of salt...
          Thanks for the "TRUST" advice. I've been reading your post. I know people like you can give insight into some things and I appriciate it. In the Air Force we trust our Wingman(Battle Buddy) but we are taught to verify. "Trust but verify." My security manager asked me what security clearance I would get(thats why I asked them). When I told her, she just said "don't worry about it, just let me know when they are done." She couldn't get into e-quip because CBP. I'm not sure if this happend with you, but she told me sometimes agencies security clearances bumps out another agency clearance(if something isn't done). Is your Army clearence still ative? She told me it wasn't a big deal, she would just have to go in and make it active again.
          Last edited by ayitearyee; 09-01-2011, 08:01 AM.
          Test: 12/10 (Geo: NJ)
          New Geo: GA 6/13/11
          New NOR: 6/14/11
          TO: 6//15/11..........Pending
          QUAL:6/28/11.........Pending
          BI: 6/29/11.............Pending (In Security Office)
          Fit1: 8/5/11............Completed
          VBT/SI: 8/11/11.....Completed
          MED: 9/12/11.........Completed
          DT: 9/28/11...........Completed
          Poly: 11/2/11..........Completed
          Poly-2nd: 11/23/11..Completed
          Fit2: ?
          EOD: ?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by esme View Post
            Hello all...I took my VBT and was found "ineligible"...I was wondering if it was possible to appeal this decision? I believe there was a "conflict of interest" since one of my test administrators was my previous Sup in CBP? if so does anyone have an email or phone number? Thanks in advance for your advice.
            I do not believe they can fail you for that. They can reschduale you and give you another test administrator but they wouldn't fail you for that. I would also think their is a way to appeal(get it reviewed again) but I don't know the process.
            Test: 12/10 (Geo: NJ)
            New Geo: GA 6/13/11
            New NOR: 6/14/11
            TO: 6//15/11..........Pending
            QUAL:6/28/11.........Pending
            BI: 6/29/11.............Pending (In Security Office)
            Fit1: 8/5/11............Completed
            VBT/SI: 8/11/11.....Completed
            MED: 9/12/11.........Completed
            DT: 9/28/11...........Completed
            Poly: 11/2/11..........Completed
            Poly-2nd: 11/23/11..Completed
            Fit2: ?
            EOD: ?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by richsdreamn View Post
              Can anybody answer this question???, instead of bickering about security clearances. Here's the correct answer....if you need it they will give it to you....if not they wont, and it doesn't much matter. they screen everyone the same up front no matter what.
              Some advice. When working with people from different backgrounds, experiences, cultures and maturity levels, it's best sometimes to just listen and try to learn. Always try to learn first. After listening attentively, knowing all facts that you can know at that time and knowing your audence, you address the situation. When you respond as you have done, it makes you look very immature and not helpful. So your answer would not be the correct answer. It would only be an opinion.
              Last edited by ayitearyee; 09-01-2011, 08:33 AM.
              Test: 12/10 (Geo: NJ)
              New Geo: GA 6/13/11
              New NOR: 6/14/11
              TO: 6//15/11..........Pending
              QUAL:6/28/11.........Pending
              BI: 6/29/11.............Pending (In Security Office)
              Fit1: 8/5/11............Completed
              VBT/SI: 8/11/11.....Completed
              MED: 9/12/11.........Completed
              DT: 9/28/11...........Completed
              Poly: 11/2/11..........Completed
              Poly-2nd: 11/23/11..Completed
              Fit2: ?
              EOD: ?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JUGGERNAUT View Post
                I think is so weird how a non Leo position like a screener for TSA at an air port are requiring background checks for secret clearance and cbpo doesn't. "Hinky"
                and yet...

                http://www.allheadlinenews.com/artic...ug%20smugglers

                Sadly, this airport is 10 minutes from my house...doesn't make my city look very good.
                Last edited by zkostrze; 09-01-2011, 10:05 AM.
                Border Patrol Agent
                Applied - 11/11/2010
                Written Exam - 1/11/2011
                NOR - 1/20/2011 - Score - 96
                TSL1 - 5/25/2011
                TSL2 - 6/1/2011
                PFT1 - 6/24/2011
                BI Interview - 7/7/2011
                Oral Board - 7/20/2011 - Passed
                Drug Test - 8/12/2011 - Cleared in CASS 10/20/2011
                Background Completed - 11/1/2011
                Referred to TSU - 11/14/2011

                Comment


                • i'm still at a stand still. medical still hasn't gotten a green check. anyone gotten the call last week or this week??? just curious. i already know about the hurry up and wait. the question is not that. just wanting to know. thank you guys.
                  CBPO

                  GEO: Brownsville, TX
                  Test: 12/2010
                  NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
                  TO: 6/7/2011
                  PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
                  Equip: 6/13/2011
                  FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
                  VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
                  BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
                  Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
                  Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
                  Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
                  got the call: 9/20/2011
                  PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
                  NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
                  New EOD: 05/21/2012

                  ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

                  Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

                  Comment


                  • So I am thinking it might take a while to get a TO for SEB. Got the results a few days ago. Now the wait begins again, I am trying to forget that I even took this test the process seems so long.
                    App. 7.2011
                    Test 7.2011
                    N.O.R. 9.2011
                    TSL1 MAY-2012
                    TSL2 May-2012
                    B.I. -In Security Office
                    PFT1-June-Passed-2012
                    Medical - July-2012
                    VBT/SI - July-2012

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ayitearyee View Post
                      Thanks for the "TRUST" advice. I've been reading your post. I know people like you can give insight into some things and I appriciate it. In the Air Force we trust our Wingman(Battle Buddy) but we are taught to verify. "Trust but verify." My security manager asked me what security clearance I would get(thats why I asked them). When I told her, she just said "don't worry about it, just let me know when they are done." She couldn't get into e-quip because CBP. I'm not sure if this happend with you, but she told me sometimes agencies security clearances bumps out another agency clearance(if something isn't done). Is your Army clearence still ative? She told me it wasn't a big deal, she would just have to go in and make it active again.
                      Yes, my clearance is still active. We go through an extensive BI for the position with CBP, it's not an actual clearance, so it shouldn't really interfere with anything you have going with another agency. In time you will learn how MHC gives out different answers to the same question.

                      Best of Luck in you process!
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

                      Comment


                      • Hi all,

                        Just took my VBT-Structured Interview down in San diego today. Had to fill out some forms for confidentiallty purposes. As you all know, we are not allowed to speak about the details of the VBT Interview. The proctor (CBP officer) told me after I was complete, that I needed to go back into the lobby. He then came out 20 mins later, and told me and thanks for coming and shook my hand. He went on to say that results would be avail in 2-3 weeks. I then asked him if they were going to do a over the table interview with me and he didn't really have an answer for me. After reading all of the threads about being interviewed, one on one, after the VBT, I was ready for just that. I was properly dressed and think I did good on the VBT.

                        1. Is that common for CBP to only be ok with the VBT and not need to do the one on one table interview?
                        2. Has anyone of you out there had that same thing happen?

                        Comment


                        • Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that I got the call on Thursday (9/1) for Dulles Airport. I applied in July of 2008. I should be taking the PFT2 sometime next week. If everything goes smoothly, my EOD will be 9/12 with academy starting 9/30.
                          Last edited by tippmann87; 09-02-2011, 02:11 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
                            Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that I got the call on Thursday (9/2) for Dulles Airport. I applied in July of 2008. I should be taking the PFT2 sometime next week. If everything goes smoothly, my EOD will be 9/12 with academy starting 9/30.
                            Congrats!! When was your TSU date? Good luck at the academy.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by clou View Post
                              Hi all,

                              Just took my VBT-Structured Interview down in San diego today. Had to fill out some forms for confidentiallty purposes. As you all know, we are not allowed to speak about the details of the VBT Interview. The proctor (CBP officer) told me after I was complete, that I needed to go back into the lobby. He then came out 20 mins later, and told me and thanks for coming and shook my hand. He went on to say that results would be avail in 2-3 weeks. I then asked him if they were going to do a over the table interview with me and he didn't really have an answer for me. After reading all of the threads about being interviewed, one on one, after the VBT, I was ready for just that. I was properly dressed and think I did good on the VBT.

                              1. Is that common for CBP to only be ok with the VBT and not need to do the one on one table interview?
                              2. Has anyone of you out there had that same thing happen?

                              That does not sound good. Sorry man. Someone with more experience might want to chime in. God Speed!
                              Last edited by spoondawgy24; 09-02-2011, 01:30 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by spoondawgy24 View Post
                                Congrats!! When was your TSU date? Good luck at the academy.
                                I was in TSU awhile ago but was removed bc my background expired. My background got a check mark 2 days ago. My T.O was 9/23/2008

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7429 users online. 206 members and 7223 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X