300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
    SSBI is required for Top Secret clearances. Don't get hung up on the verbiage of the clearances. I don't know what the clearance requirements were back before CBP, so it is possible some people do not have TS clearances, not sure. A requirement now to become a CBP officer is a Top Secret Clearance through a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI), which covers the last 10 years of your life, and is a more in depth investigation on former spouses, character references, employment history, reviews of rental history, education, academic records, etc, etc.
    That information is incorrect. A Top Secret clearance is NOT a requirement to become a CBP Officer. The vast majority of CBP Officers do not have a Top Secret clearance. A Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is not the same as the actual Top Secret clearance. All officers are required to complete a SSBI. However, that does not mean that they get a security clearance at all.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
      That information is incorrect. A Top Secret clearance is NOT a requirement to become a CBP Officer. The vast majority of CBP Officers do not have a Top Secret clearance. A Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is not the same as the actual Top Secret clearance. All officers are required to complete a SSBI. However, that does not mean that they get a security clearance at all.

FB
      Roger

If that is the case, then it is kind of retarded they are not granted the clearance, because a Single Scope Background Investigation is a type of security clearance investigation required for a Top Secret clearance, Sensitive Compartmented Information, or Q clearance.

In regards to my reference of all CBPOs having a TS, I'm just relaying what my IA investigator told me...then again, he asked if I already had an EOD date when we had our FIRST interview, so he may not be up to speed on current policies lol.

Comment

• I'm a December 2010 tester that scored a 92, and I can't even get through to MHC to change my location (I already sent an e-mail, but I would like voice confirmation that it was received).
        CBP Officer
        Initial Application: 11/16/10
        Test Exam: 12/13/10
        Notice of Results: 1/25/11 (GS-07: 92)
        New Geography (SWB): 9/14/11
        Tentative Offer: 9/29/11
        Medical/PFT1: 10/25/11

Comment

• i just sent a email to them and received a new nor for swb with in 3 min.
          cbpo
          test 7-12-11
          nor 8-31-2011 score 86 swb

iso
          test 8-23-11

bpa
          test 9-6-2011
          nor 9-28-2011 score 90
          geo ca

sps
          geo Houston Texas
          nor 8-1-2011 score 92

FBI evidence tech
          application received 8-15-2011

Tsa
          cbt passed 10-12-2009
          c/o 8-2-2010
          credit check 10-1-2010
          e86 turned in 8-6-2010
          airport assessment waiting for call

Comment

• Originally posted by AnonymousPerson View Post
            I'm a December 2010 tester that scored a 92, and I can't even get through to MHC to change my location (I already sent an e-mail, but I would like voice confirmation that it was received).
            I've been trying to contact MHC for over a month now with absolutely no response whatsoever. It kind of makes me wonder if we're even still a part of this process........I've left multiple voicemails and have sent multiple emails, none of them asking the typical questions of "When will my region hire, when will I get a TO, etc.". I have yet to hear anything and I have attempted calling MHC everyday for the last two weeks and it only ever goes to voicemail. I understand there is a frantic push right now to get people through prior to the fiscal year ending but you'd think 6 weeks would be enough time to return a simple email/voicemail with a pretty valid question.

Comment

• i aint gonna worry. i emailed them, wanna give me tsl? fine. don't wanna? it's ok ill be back very soon to annoy you by retaking and making grade better .
              BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by sacfireinvest View Post
                i just sent a email to them and received a new nor for swb with in 3 min.
                Which e-mail address did you use?
                CBP Officer

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                  I've been trying to contact MHC for over a month now with absolutely no response whatsoever. It kind of makes me wonder if we're even still a part of this process........I've left multiple voicemails and have sent multiple emails, none of them asking the typical questions of "When will my region hire, when will I get a TO, etc.". I have yet to hear anything and I have attempted calling MHC everyday for the last two weeks and it only ever goes to voicemail. I understand there is a frantic push right now to get people through prior to the fiscal year ending but you'd think 6 weeks would be enough time to return a simple email/voicemail with a pretty valid question.
                  I'm not very surprised; it seems to me that the incompetence in that division is quite staggering. I haven't been able to get in contact with anyone over there for a week.
                  CBP Officer

Comment

FB

This is the exact quote from them when I ask what type is required for this positon:

"SSBI(covers up to 10 yrs of your past) - Top Secret"

TACS-BI TEAM

Minneapolis Hiring Center
                    US Customs and Border Protection
                    Applicants may reach us at:
                    [email protected]
                    or 952 857 2914
                    Last edited by ayitearyee; 08-31-2011, 12:53 PM.
                    Test: 12/10 (Geo: NJ)
                    New Geo: GA 6/13/11
                    New NOR: 6/14/11
                    TO: 6//15/11..........Pending
                    QUAL:6/28/11.........Pending
                    BI: 6/29/11.............Pending (In Security Office)
                    Fit1: 8/5/11............Completed
                    VBT/SI: 8/11/11.....Completed
                    MED: 9/12/11.........Completed
                    DT: 9/28/11...........Completed
                    Poly: 11/2/11..........Completed
                    Poly-2nd: 11/23/11..Completed
                    Fit2: ?
                    EOD: ?

Comment

• got the email to do my e-qip today.

Comment

FB

Or...does it mean.... SSBI as a minimum through Top Secret as the maxium. Maybe it varies? Why would someone need a poly for a SSBI? Or does not everyone get a poly exam?
                        Test: 12/10 (Geo: NJ)
                        New Geo: GA 6/13/11
                        New NOR: 6/14/11
                        TO: 6//15/11..........Pending
                        QUAL:6/28/11.........Pending
                        BI: 6/29/11.............Pending (In Security Office)
                        Fit1: 8/5/11............Completed
                        VBT/SI: 8/11/11.....Completed
                        MED: 9/12/11.........Completed
                        DT: 9/28/11...........Completed
                        Poly: 11/2/11..........Completed
                        Poly-2nd: 11/23/11..Completed
                        Fit2: ?
                        EOD: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ayitearyee View Post
                          Or...does it mean.... SSBI as a minimum through Top Secret as the maxium. Maybe it varies? Why would someone need a poly for a SSBI if it isn't Top Secret?
                          I don't believe the poly is directly correlated to the clearance, it's a result of corruption within CBP. I'm not saying it's widespread corruption, I'm sure the vast majority of CBP employees are very honorable men and women, however there has been corruption significant enough to warrant the President signing the Anti-Border Corruption Act into law which will mandate a poly for 100% of CBP law enforcement prospects by 2012.

Comment

• You won't get any security clearance unless CBP determines you need it. However, to be eligible for the job, you must be eligible for a security clearance so that you can get what they need you to have if the need arises.
                            Gek.

Comment

Or...does it mean.... SSBI as a minimum through Top Secret as the maxium. Maybe it varies? Why would someone need a poly for a SSBI? Or does not everyone get a poly exam?
                              SSBI is NOT a security clearance classification. It is the name of a particular type of background check. The SSBI happens to be one of the tools that are used to gain a Top Secret security clearance. However, that is not the only thing that the SSBI is used for. The vast majority of CBP Officers do NOT have nor do they need Top Secret clearance.
                              FB

Comment

This is the exact quote from them when I ask what type is required for this positon:

"SSBI(covers up to 10 yrs of your past) - Top Secret"

TACS-BI TEAM

Minneapolis Hiring Center
                                US Customs and Border Protection
                                Applicants may reach us at:
                                [email protected]
                                or 952 857 2914
                                I can tell you as a supervisor with almost 14 years in the service the vast majority of CBP officers do not have a Top Secret security clearance. It is not required to be a CBP officer nor is it granted when you are hired. The only officers that have that need would be officers working in the NTC, certain overseas assignments, and officers assigned to certain taskforces. However, the average line officer does not have Top Secret. Heck, the average line officer doesn't even have Secret.

FB

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3944 users online. 239 members and 3705 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X