Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of curiosity, is there wi-fi at FLETC or is there only a "computer lab" type area?
    Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
    Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
    Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
      Yeah the CBPO structured interview is the VBT. Have you taken it before?
      Yes, I took the VBT... I didnt think of it as a "Structured Interview"..

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
        Out of curiosity, is there wi-fi at FLETC or is there only a "computer lab" type area?
        There is a computer lab. Remember, its a gubment owned computer and all data is monitored. If you are housed in a motel somewhere, hopefully they will have WiFi for you.

Comment

• I have a TO for Los Angeles. Assuming my nopa is cleared up, can I also apply for another area? If I did would it cause problems with my current application? Currently all of my steps are done, except the BI.

My wife and I are considering moving out of California, and we wouldn't mind Washington State, which is an urgent need for CBPO's.

Thanks,
          ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
          Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
          March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
          July 09 Oral Board
          Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
          Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• So what is the general probability of getting hired if you have made it to the VBT stage? I applied for a critical location and qualified for a GS-7. However, it appears after reading this forum that everyone and their mother who applies gets to the VBT. Some people say it you make it this far its only a matter of time before the "call", but that it will come.

Comment

• Originally posted by EWUCrimj View Post
              So what is the general probability of getting hired if you have made it to the VBT stage? I applied for a critical location and qualified for a GS-7. However, it appears after reading this forum that everyone and their mother who applies gets to the VBT. Some people say it you make it this far its only a matter of time before the "call", but that it will come.
              Not everyone that applies makes it through. First they have to at least get a 70 on the test. Then depending on the location they applied to, they have to be competitive with their score in order to be selected. Many people also are weeded out through the vbt, background, medical, etc.

Comment

• Will:
                if you try to change your geo location, you will have to turn down your current TO, then apply to the geo location you want when there is an opening period. That means that now you will have to wait for a new TO, plus you have to meet the new guidelines because of the new coverage, you will have a slight advantage having the other stuff cleared up but who knows how much you will have to re-do...

If you really don't want LA then go for it.....

EWUCrimj:

It all depends on if you have passed all of your tests, and how long it takes to clear your BI.....
                Next week it'll be 7 months since I met with the investigator and here I am still waiting. Some people get cleared in no time at all, others get an interim clearance while they conduct the BI...
                BTW
                NOT all who apply get to that stage, just because you applied doesn't mean you get to the VBT....
                When I went to take the test (written test) there were around 500 people testing, less than 100 passed the test that day.
                Hope this helped
                Last edited by yoda; 07-22-2008, 07:48 PM.
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Wondering if anyone is taking the CBPO test coming up in Orlando,Fl?? my bad is the Border Patrol test..sorry !!
                  Last edited by costeno23; 07-22-2008, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                    Will:
                    if you try to change your geo location, you will have to turn down your current TO, then apply to the geo location you want when there is an opening period. That means that now you will have to wait for a new TO, plus you have to meet the new guidelines because of the new coverage, you will have a slight advantage having the other stuff cleared up but who knows how much you will have to re-do...

If you really don't want LA then go for it.....

EWUCrimj:

It all depends on if you have passed all of your tests, and how long it takes to clear your BI.....
                    Next week it'll be 7 months since I met with the investigator and here I am still waiting. Some people get cleared in no time at all, others get an interim clearance while they conduct the BI...
                    BTW
                    NOT all who apply get to that stage, just because you applied doesn't mean you get to the VBT....
                    When I went to take the test (written test) there were around 500 people testing, less than 100 passed the test that day.
                    Hope this helped

Thanks for the info. From the sounds of it, I don't think it would be a good idea to change my TO. I don't want to wreck whatever chance I have left.
                    ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                    Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                    March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                    July 09 Oral Board
                    Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                    Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmouredSainT View Post
                      There is a computer lab. Remember, its a gubment owned computer and all data is monitored. If you are housed in a motel somewhere, hopefully they will have WiFi for you.
                      Housed in a motel? FLETC is that packed where they need to house us in motels?
                      Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                      Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                      Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• VBT posted on CASS! That puts CBPO in a dead heat with BPA! Just waiting on the BI now...
                        USSCP
                        Faxed App 7/28/10
                        Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
                        Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• To those of you that already had a background interview, what does the "27 page Background Investigation Personal Interview" consist of? I'm having my background investigation and my background investigator told me that we were going to go over the SF-86 and the 27 page background investigation personal interview.

What kind of questions are involved in this 27 page questionaire? Thanks for your responses.

Comment

• Gabbanelli911:

it is your sf86 plus credit, traffic, education, etc... simply put, he will go over all of the information from the sf86 in detail. He will have a credit report with him, and your driving record/history... That's pretty much it, you're worrying
                            about nothing, paying too much attention to the 27 page questionare he told you about... The meeting will take as much time as it does to go over every question on the sf86, and any questions he might have on any other detail.
                            If I remember correctly you mentioned you were a police officer in AZ, so I wouldn't worry about anything he might have to ask you, there won't be any surprise questions.

Good Luck
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

Out of curiosity, is there wi-fi at FLETC or is there only a "computer lab" type area?
                              There is wireless internet access at the "G-Bar". You'll find a bunch of regulars there in the evening having a cold frosty while checking email, gaming online or just surfing the net. On weekend mornings before opening time there are also people sitting on steps or in their cars getting online. If you're lucky enough to have a room in the "crackhouses" which face toward the G-Bar (building 275, I think) you can sit outside your cell and log on. Further, when I went back for Spanish I stayed at the Jameson Inn across from the mall. They had wirleless access in the rooms.

TIP: If you have to stay at the Jameson, not all the rooms have a fridge and microwave. They save them for the "paying" customers. However, if your schmoozing skills are well honed you might convince Tomasa at the front desk to give you one of the good rooms. (But you didn't hear that from me!)
                              ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

There is also Wi-Fi at the north west corner of building 95.........or there was a few months ago, at least.
                                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4426 users online. 299 members and 4127 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X