Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey guys, took test on 07/28 for southeast border, got my NOR today of an 82% but still no tentative offer......spoke to a current customs officer who is in that region who says that score is good enough. Haven't received a TSL as yet though. Was my score that low that i wasn't given a TSL?

    Comment


    • Passed the PFT2 today. Word of advice... I did not struggle with the PT because I go to the gym 4-5 times a week. Those of you that do not... get in the gym. 17 people were there. 4 were CBPO's (the other 3 were SW Border people) and the rest were BPA's. Everyone did pass. It wasn't pretty for some... but everyone passed

      The biggest piece of advice about the PFT2 -- Do not expect leniency on your push ups and sit ups. Form is everything to the BPA's and CBPO's administering the tests. When you are practicing you are better off taking 50 seconds to do 25 perfect sit ups versus trying to do as many as you can and cranking out 40. 16 might not be up to par and you could fail the test. I guess the point here is... Do NOT cheat yourself. Do them right.

      Now back to the waiting game... need 'budget' approval so I can quit my job and move

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dinstantclassic View Post
        Hey guys, took test on 07/28 for southeast border, got my NOR today of an 82% but still no tentative offer......spoke to a current customs officer who is in that region who says that score is good enough. Haven't received a TSL as yet though. Was my score that low that i wasn't given a TSL?
        I know for a fact that a few folks who scored low 80's in the November 2010 announcement and had the SWB as their geo preference received a TSL. Remember that for any given geo location they start issuing in order of scores, so they are potentially starting with those who scored a 110 and are working their way down. If recent statements by CBP officials are correct in their indication that CBP is looking to hire another 1000+ officers for the SWB, I would expect that you will receive a TO eventually. Just give it a little time and be patient.

        Good luck!

        Comment


        • Ok man, much thanks I appreciate it

          Comment


          • I tested December 2010 and originally applied for LA/LB area. Got a 79 on the written and figured I would never get a TSL anytime soon. Once the email came out about changing to the geo to the SWB I did so for the CA SWB and got my TSL June of this year so I wouldn't sweat a score in the lower 80's if you have the SWB as your geo.
            BPA
            Written (87) 11/29/10
            NOR 12/3/10
            TSL1 07/26/11
            Poly 08/15/11
            PT 08/22/11
            Drug Test 09/02/11
            OB 09/13/11
            BI meeting 10/10/11
            TSU 06/29/12

            CBPO
            Written (79) 12/07/10
            NOR 02/01/11 (LAX/LB)
            NOR 04/28/11 (CA SWB)
            TSL1 06/14/11
            Poly 08/15/11
            Medical and PT 08/22/11
            VBT/SI 08/26/11
            Drug Test 09/02/11
            BI meeting 10/10/11
            TSU 06/21/12
            EOD 08/13/12
            FLETC 09/12/12-01/25/13

            Comment


            • Originally posted by borderguard_1 View Post
              I just got my NOR back with an 86. I had selected SW states. Is it too late to change it to SE states?

              Also, one of the locations listed on the SW states is San Bernadino. Are they referring to the airport?
              i also received an 86, i did alot better than i thought i did, and i picked the southeast states, i hope thats good enough to get me in

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                i also received an 86, i did alot better than i thought i did, and i picked the southeast states, i hope thats good enough to get me in
                Can't really offer the same confidence for the SE even with a very good score of 86. I know they've already handed out quite a few TSLs for the SE and I believe the latest announcement mentioned "Few vacancies" for the Southeast. I could be wrong but with your score, if you are really really counting on this job and have the ability to pick up and move, I would consider switching to the SWB. As I mentioned earlier, that's where the push is and CBP is looking to unofficially hire 1,000+ new officers in the Southwest.

                Good luck.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                  Can't really offer the same confidence for the SE even with a very good score of 86. I know they've already handed out quite a few TSLs for the SE and I believe the latest announcement mentioned "Few vacancies" for the Southeast. I could be wrong but with your score, if you are really really counting on this job and have the ability to pick up and move, I would consider switching to the SWB. As I mentioned earlier, that's where the push is and CBP is looking to unofficially hire 1,000+ new officers in the Southwest.

                  Good luck.
                  I picked se also will changing my Geo have any negative effect I scored 86 also
                  cbpo
                  test 7-12-11
                  nor 8-31-2011 score 86 swb


                  iso
                  test 8-23-11


                  bpa
                  test 9-6-2011
                  nor 9-28-2011 score 90
                  geo ca

                  sps
                  geo Houston Texas
                  nor 8-1-2011 score 92

                  FBI evidence tech
                  application received 8-15-2011

                  Tsa
                  cbt passed 10-12-2009
                  c/o 8-2-2010
                  credit check 10-1-2010
                  e86 turned in 8-6-2010
                  airport assessment waiting for call

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                    Passed the PFT2 today. Word of advice... I did not struggle with the PT because I go to the gym 4-5 times a week. Those of you that do not... get in the gym. 17 people were there. 4 were CBPO's (the other 3 were SW Border people) and the rest were BPA's. Everyone did pass. It wasn't pretty for some... but everyone passed

                    The biggest piece of advice about the PFT2 -- Do not expect leniency on your push ups and sit ups. Form is everything to the BPA's and CBPO's administering the tests. When you are practicing you are better off taking 50 seconds to do 25 perfect sit ups versus trying to do as many as you can and cranking out 40. 16 might not be up to par and you could fail the test. I guess the point here is... Do NOT cheat yourself. Do them right.

                    Now back to the waiting game... need 'budget' approval so I can quit my job and move
                    How do they count each of the events aside from the runs (situps and pushups)? Do you do as many as possible, until you reach your max, or until you do the minimum? I'm not worried about passing if I ever get to that point as the CG PT standards are a little bit more difficult than what the PFT2 is, but you're right, people who under estimate the PT tests end up failing.

                    Comment


                    • whats the best way to go about changing geo pref to SWB?

                      Comment


                      • Bump to the top.

                        Originally posted by SD250R View Post
                        I received my NOR and TO within an hour of each other today. I got a 98 on the test and I don't have any veteran benefits. I have South West Border as my geo. I swear that I was able to choose more specific locations when I applied, but maybe I am wrong. I tested on 8/4/11.

                        I live in San Diego and can be at Otay Mesa and San Ysidro in 15-20 minutes. Will that affect where my POE would be? I know I'm a while away from getting a POE, but I would only accept the job if I can stay in SD. I don't want to uproot everybody.

                        Thanks.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SD250R View Post
                          Bump to the top.
                          I don't know if OFO will do the same, but I do know that I had a lot of classmates in OBP that lived in El Paso in their pre-Patrol days and got offered stations around Chuco. One of my friends at the academy lived in a particular small town in South Texas pre-Patrol and got offered the station in that town. It would not surprise me at all if OFO offered you a port near your current residence.
                          Gek.

                          Comment


                          • Got a 98 on my test

                            Comment


                            • i am starting to look through the recent test- takers NOR's and comparing them to mine, i feel quite overwhelmed. i got a 74

                              i wanted to know do i even have a chance for SWB or SE? or would my best bet be to take the CBPO test again another time?

                              thanks guys
                              BPA( California)

                              NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
                                How do they count each of the events aside from the runs (situps and pushups)? Do you do as many as possible, until you reach your max, or until you do the minimum? I'm not worried about passing if I ever get to that point as the CG PT standards are a little bit more difficult than what the PFT2 is, but you're right, people who under estimate the PT tests end up failing.
                                Every event is independent during the PFT2. No score helps another score. Sprint first, sit ups, push ups, then the 1.5 mile run. You do the bare minimum on the sit ups and push ups. You obviously need to push yourself (depending on who you are) on the sprint and 1.5 mile run... but don't kill yourself or risk injury. 50 seconds to do the 220 yard dash is almost a joke. I haven't done sprints in a long time and I did not push my self 100% and I still did it in 32 seconds. If you work out for your healthy lifestyle, military, current LEO, martial arts, etc.... you should be fine with this PT test. The couch tactical people are the ones that need to worry!

                                Best of luck on the PFT2 to others that are taking it soon.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 16523 users online. 454 members and 16069 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X