300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
    I say this as someone who has the utmost respect for our country's veterans and those who currently serve, and someone who was recently granted an OCS slot in the National Guard.
    I understand, though I'm not anymore important than you or the next guy. I'm just trying to figure out laws and how they apply to me in different situations.
    Test: 12/10 (Geo: NJ)
    New Geo: GA 6/13/11
    New NOR: 6/14/11
    TO: 6//15/11..........Pending
    QUAL:6/28/11.........Pending
    BI: 6/29/11.............Pending (In Security Office)
    Fit1: 8/5/11............Completed
    VBT/SI: 8/11/11.....Completed
    MED: 9/12/11.........Completed
    DT: 9/28/11...........Completed
    Poly: 11/2/11..........Completed
    Poly-2nd: 11/23/11..Completed
    Fit2: ?
    EOD: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ayitearyee View Post
      i understand, though i'm not anymore important than you or the next guy. I'm just trying to figure out laws and how they apply to me in different situations.
      nm
      Last edited by 180Degrees; 08-30-2011, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Hey Guys & Gals,
        I'm back in the running remember when I failed my PFT1 back in July well I reapplied literally the same day I got the failed notice & today (8/29/11) I received my NOR with a 1yr extension. I'm excited back to the gym I go WhooHoo
        CBPO
        Test: 12/10

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

"If at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again." — Aaliyah

Comment

• Originally posted by jgenao17 View Post
          What is the TSL?
          Tentative Selection Letter

Comment

• Originally posted by icecoco View Post
            Hey Guys & Gals,
            I'm back in the running remember when I failed my PFT1 back in July well I reapplied literally the same day I got the failed notice & today (8/29/11) I received my NOR with a 1yr extension. I'm excited back to the gym I go WhooHoo
            Good luck!

Comment

• I asked dhs what type of security clearance do CBP officers recieve. They said, "SSBI(covers up to 10 yrs of your past) - Top Secret." I thought SSBI is only for 5 years and why do cbp get SSBI. I have a freind who is a CBP officer. He said he didn't know why because he doesn't have a Top Secret Clearance.

???
              Last edited by ayitearyee; 08-30-2011, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by casadenewman View Post
                For you guys/gals that just recieved your NOR when did you test?, and location? Thanks in advance.
                P.S. I tested 7/20. SO I am sure I have a bit to wait just getting a timeline.
                Hey... I tested the same day and just got my NOR yesterday afternoon. Have you not heard yet?

Comment

I asked dhs what type of security clearance do CBP officers recieve. They said, "SSBI(covers up to 10 yrs of your past) - Top Secret." I thought SSBI is only for 5 years and why do cbp get SSBI. I have a freind who is a CBP officer. He said he didn't know why because he doesn't have a Top Secret Clearance.

???
                  SSBI clearances covers up to 10 years of your past (when conducting the investigation). A Single Scope Background Investigation lasts only for 5 years, then needs to be re-investigated. The Office of Personnel Management set the minimum requirements for the investigation, but due to mission specific needs per agency, sometimes the requirements for the clearance could be more strict or lax. This is why it is difficult to transfer clearances from one agency to another (DOD to DHS to DOE to FBI, etc etc), especially when the mission is law enforcement or intelligence. Even though I have a clearance with the Coast Guard (which falls under DHS), doesn't it mean that CBP should be able to use my previous SF-86? Technically, yes. Especially since the level of clearance they are requesting is the same clearance I hold in the CG. President Bush even passed a law that said they aren't aloud to do this, but they do it anyway. Oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
                    SSBI clearances covers up to 10 years of your past (when conducting the investigation). A Single Scope Background Investigation lasts only for 5 years, then needs to be re-investigated. The Office of Personnel Management set the minimum requirements for the investigation, but due to mission specific needs per agency, sometimes the requirements for the clearance could be more strict or lax. This is why it is difficult to transfer clearances from one agency to another (DOD to DHS to DOE to FBI, etc etc), especially when the mission is law enforcement or intelligence. Even though I have a clearance with the Coast Guard (which falls under DHS), doesn't it mean that CBP should be able to use my previous SF-86? Technically, yes. Especially since the level of clearance they are requesting is the same clearance I hold in the CG. President Bush even passed a law that said they aren't aloud to do this, but they do it anyway. Oh well.
                    Talk about a waste of money and other resources!!!

My friends says he doesn't have TS. He has been with CBP for since 2003.

Comment

I asked dhs what type of security clearance do CBP officers recieve. They said, "SSBI(covers up to 10 yrs of your past) - Top Secret." I thought SSBI is only for 5 years and why do cbp get SSBI. I have a freind who is a CBP officer. He said he didn't know why because he doesn't have a Top Secret Clearance.

???
                      There are jobs within CBP that require a CBP officer to have a higher clearance including Top Secret SCI. You are supposed to be re-investigated every five years. I say supposed because like everything else there is a backlog and it doesn't always happen on time. The re-investigation asks for information going back 10 years. They give all officers an SSBI because if you are moved into a position that calls for the higher clearance it is faster and easier to grant it because most of the investigation is already done.

The Immigration service before the merger was quite different than the US Customs Service in that all Immigration Inspectors were granted and maintained a Secret security clearance upon being hired. That changed with the merger and the forming of CBP.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                        There are jobs within CBP that require a CBP officer to have a higher clearance including Top Secret SCI. You are supposed to be re-investigated every five years. I say supposed because like everything else there is a backlog and it doesn't always happen on time. The re-investigation asks for information going back 10 years. They give all officers an SSBI because if you are moved into a position that calls for the higher clearance it is faster and easier to grant it because most of the investigation is already done.

The Immigration service before the merger was quite different than the US Customs Service in that all Immigration Inspectors were granted and maintained a Secret security clearance upon being hired. That changed with the merger and the forming of CBP.

FB
                        So SSBI is not TS. It seemed like they were saying that the SSBI is TS

Comment

• VBT and Structured Interview

I just took my VBT and Interview yesterday, how long it will take for me to know if I passed???

They told me I will received a letter on the mail.

I was not epecting a structured interview, the letter says that the VBT was consider the structured interview, damn it caught me by surprise. I hate those kind of interviews, im not really good at interviews that requieres certaing keywords and stuff like that. I think I blew my chances inthe interview. Thats how low I feel about my interview. Didnt prepare for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by xtrider View Post
                            I just took my VBT and Interview yesterday, how long it will take for me to know if I passed???

They told me I will received a letter on the mail.

I was not epecting a structured interview, the letter says that the VBT was consider the structured interview, damn it caught me by surprise. I hate those kind of interviews, im not really good at interviews that requieres certaing keywords and stuff like that. I think I blew my chances inthe interview. Thats how low I feel about my interview. Didnt prepare for that.
                            It took me about a week to receive my NOR but they generally say 3-4 weeks.

Comment

So SSBI is not TS. It seemed like they were saying that the SSBI is TS
                              SSBI is required for Top Secret clearances. Don't get hung up on the verbiage of the clearances. I don't know what the clearance requirements were back before CBP, so it is possible some people do not have TS clearances, not sure. A requirement now to become a CBP officer is a Top Secret Clearance through a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI), which covers the last 10 years of your life, and is a more in depth investigation on former spouses, character references, employment history, reviews of rental history, education, academic records, etc, etc.
                              Last edited by Arewethereyet; 08-30-2011, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jt279 View Post
                                Hey... I tested the same day and just got my NOR yesterday afternoon. Have you not heard yet?
                                Just got mine this morning. No TO at this time but I am just happy to get my score. I got a 90 and my location is south east. Y tu?
                                App. 7.2011
                                Test 7.2011
                                N.O.R. 9.2011
                                TSL1 MAY-2012
                                TSL2 May-2012
                                B.I. -In Security Office
                                PFT1-June-Passed-2012
                                Medical - July-2012
                                VBT/SI - July-2012

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8451 users online. 362 members and 8089 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X