300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freefallin;

Good to hear of someone with almost the same timeline got "THE CALL" hopefully I'm not far behind you, let’s hope we meet at FLETC if not definitely in Laredo. CONGRATS!!!

CBPO:

Exam: DEC10
    Geo: Laredo, Tx.
    NOR: JAN 2011
    TO: APR 2011
    Medical/PFT1: MAY 2011
    Met with BI: AUG 2011
    SI: AUG 2011
    BI: AUG 2011
    Drug Exam: AUG 25 2011
    PFT2: ?
    EOD: AUG 22 2011
    FLETC: ?

Comment

• Funds from one FY is use it or lose it, which is why I'm sure they'll hire as many as possible in September, which is why the federal government spends money on the stupidest things come September...

Comment

Last edited by Freefallin; 04-26-2012, 08:14 PM.
        CBPO
        TO:04/01/11
        EOD: 08/22/11
        FLETC:09/07/11

Comment

• Wondering for those that received a TO already and that filled out for the new announcement. If they are in the academy under the 1st announcement could they still receive a TO under the new one if the location is different?
          CBP: CBPO
          EOD: 10/11/11 (South Texas)

Comment

• Oh, I meant that's the date when I was:
            "Referred to Schedule EOD 8/22/2011 You have been referred to the scheduling unit."
            This is all I can see in CASS right now.
            Thanks.

Comment

• Hi all:

I have my Formal Interview & VBT on September 1st 2011 down in San diego, Ca. Any suggestions or advise?

(Besides wearing a suit, bringing copies of my resume, clean shaving, get there early, greet the officers and/or Agents that interview me, and a 2-3 minute introduction of who I am and why I thing I am a good choice for the postion of CBP officer?

Comment

• Originally posted by clou View Post
                Hi all:

I have my Formal Interview & VBT on September 1st 2011 down in San diego, Ca. Any suggestions or advise?

(Besides wearing a suit, bringing copies of my resume, clean shaving, get there early, greet the officers and/or Agents that interview me, and a 2-3 minute introduction of who I am and why I thing I am a good choice for the postion of CBP officer?
                Thats where I interviewed too...
                The best thing I can honestly advise you is to just stay relaxed. I thought it was really easy. We arent allowed to tell you what they ask or what it is about... but in my opinion I thought it was easy and that is also what I've heard from others. Good Luck!
                CBPO

GEO - SWB - San Diego
                Applied - 11/2010
                Test - 12/2010
                NOR - 2/1/11
                T.O. - 4/1/11
                (GS-05)
                PFT 1 - 5/16/2011 (COMPLETED)
                Medical - 5/16/2011 (COMPLETED)
                Met with BI - 7/6/11 (PENDING)
                VBT/SI - 7/11/11 (COMPLETED)
                Drug Test - 8/4/11 (COMPLETED 10/11/11)
                PFT2 - ?
                EOD - ?
                FLETC - ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
                  Funds from one FY is use it or lose it, which is why I'm sure they'll hire as many as possible in September, which is why the federal government spends money on the stupidest things come September...

Thats why I had high hopes for Sept. I had to resend my finger prints and it won't arive in unitll Sept 1(Who knows when they'll process them). I also had to redo an x-ray on 8/25. I was told by the med office that took the x-ray that they won't send cbp the results untill the end of this week or next week. DHS told me that once the med officer receive them, it could take 4-6 weeks to be forarded. That already puts things in Oct.
                  Test: 12/10 (Geo: NJ)
                  New Geo: GA 6/13/11
                  New NOR: 6/14/11
                  TO: 6//15/11..........Pending
                  QUAL:6/28/11.........Pending
                  BI: 6/29/11.............Pending (In Security Office)
                  Fit1: 8/5/11............Completed
                  VBT/SI: 8/11/11.....Completed
                  MED: 9/12/11.........Completed
                  DT: 9/28/11...........Completed
                  Poly: 11/2/11..........Completed
                  Poly-2nd: 11/23/11..Completed
                  Fit2: ?
                  EOD: ?

Comment

• I've been in this process for a couple of years and have watched budget issues come and go. I'm not a budget analyst, but there doesn't seem to be much correlation between the budget status and hiring activity. If DHS wants to move forward with hiring, they'll find the resources to do so. If an area isn't a priority, it will wait. Any downswing in hiring toward the end of a given year is probably more related to the coming holidays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mich-Again View Post
                      I've been in this process for a couple of years and have watched budget issues come and go. I'm not a budget analyst, but there doesn't seem to be much correlation between the budget status and hiring activity. If DHS wants to move forward with hiring, they'll find the resources to do so. If an area isn't a priority, it will wait. Any downswing in hiring toward the end of a given year is probably more related to the coming holidays.
                      I have to strongly disagree with you. If this was the case, then why doesn't the Coast Guard enlist as many people as possible before September? The budget includes personnel expenses, and if it's a small number, the hiring will be slow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mich-Again View Post
                        I've been in this process for a couple of years and have watched budget issues come and go. I'm not a budget analyst, but there doesn't seem to be much correlation between the budget status and hiring activity. If DHS wants to move forward with hiring, they'll find the resources to do so. If an area isn't a priority, it will wait. Any downswing in hiring toward the end of a given year is probably more related to the coming holidays.
                        It is directly related to hiring. There's no if, ands or buts about that. In any agency or company, the budget affects new hires. Simple accounting. Try to get into the Air Force as an officer now. Nearly imposible unless you have an engineering degree (and you still may have to wait for a class). Come Sept 30 all student hires accross the Air Force(and it may be across DOD) will be unemployed also. They were just notified last week. There is also a freeze on all civilian(This is across DOD I think and not just the AF) hires for 90 days for now and may be longer. This is all do to budget shortfalls come Oct 1. New hires are always considered during tough times.

This article is not new but it still relates:

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=25504
                        Test: 12/10 (Geo: NJ)
                        New Geo: GA 6/13/11
                        New NOR: 6/14/11
                        TO: 6//15/11..........Pending
                        QUAL:6/28/11.........Pending
                        BI: 6/29/11.............Pending (In Security Office)
                        Fit1: 8/5/11............Completed
                        VBT/SI: 8/11/11.....Completed
                        MED: 9/12/11.........Completed
                        DT: 9/28/11...........Completed
                        Poly: 11/2/11..........Completed
                        Poly-2nd: 11/23/11..Completed
                        Fit2: ?
                        EOD: ?

Comment

• I believe they can continue to call people up until the end of Sept. So classes can actually can start in October. Next the dates for TDY instructors for the academy are from the end of August to the beginning of March. So classes must be there for them to teach. Also the last class has a date of Sept 27 to Feb 10th "I think". So that still gives a couple of weeks to schedule a class or two. Last, correct me if I'm wrong but the new debt commission is not expected to have anything on the budget until sometime in December or January "again, I'm not quite sure of the month." With all that, I believe they will probably pass CRs, until the budget can be worked out. The only thing with the CR's is that the money strictly goes to critical need locations. Check delphi forums and you all can see that people where getting the call late October 2010 but only for southern border locations.
                          CBPO
                          Geo Pref:Georgia
                          NOR:3/07
                          T.O:10/08
                          1st TSU:6/09
                          2nd Fitness test:11/09
                          Credit pulled:4/10
                          2nd TSU:5/10
                          2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
                          2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
                          2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
                          All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• Normal operations usually slows down at begining of Fiscal yrs(money spending)

VBI & SI Passed letter received 8/26/11
                            I was put on TSU 08/18/2011
                            Last edited by williburns; 08-29-2011, 05:52 PM.
                            CBPO
                            Exam: 12/2010
                            GEO: Texas West/N Mexico
                            NOR: Jan 2011
                            TO VRA: 3/2011 El Paso
                            TO: 4/2011 El Paso
                            Pre emp : Completed
                            Qualifications: Completed
                            PT Test: 4/2011 Completed
                            Drug Screening: not required
                            Medical: 4/2011 Completed
                            BI met w/ investigator 7/14 Completed 8/16
                            VBI: 08/12/2011 letter received 8/27 Passed
                            Change GEO,- Southeast 6/08
                            TSU 8/18/2011

Comment

• anyone else get their CBPO notice of results again today? last time they did that they opened up some locations to change to (priority)

Comment

• Yeah, I didn't pass the written exam. What is a passing score, anyway?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13678 users online. 421 members and 13257 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X