300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TopFlightInGA View Post
    Anyone at the academy know of classes starting in October. I was wondering because I know the new fiscal year is coming up in October and with no 2012 budget I was wondering if classes were going still be added.
    I'm not sure how the budget works. They may have allocated funds to hire X number of CBPOs and continue to run classes without a break for the new FY. Or classes may stop short after oct 1st until the next budget passes.
    CBPO
    TO - 05/08 JFK
    EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
      Yes, it is. Forgot to add that, thanks.
      Nice!!! See you there!!!

Comment

• Possible Shoulder Surgery Before PFT-2 - Need Advice!
        Guys the only thing still Pending for me in CASS is my Drug Test and waiting on my BI to clear. My GEO is for Laredo and several others with the same GEO and similar timeline have already gotten the call. My shoulder is causing me a lot of problems and I am pretty sure I have a tear (getting MRI next week). If it is in fact torn and I need to have a surgery to fix it which will take months to recover from what will happen if I get scheduled to take my PFT-2 and I'm still recovering from the surgery? Is there anyone I could call or talk to about possibly postponing the PFT-2 if this happens? (this obviously could not have come at a worse time for me in this process I know!)
        CBPO
        Test: 12/6/10
        NOR: 1/25/11
        T.O. 5/25/11
        Geo: Laredo, TX

Comment

• Originally posted by DC2008 View Post
          Hey guys..First post, I got the call today.. was offered Hidalgo, brownsville, progreso, rio grande city, roma, eagle pass.. any suggestions?
          i just place my name in for K9 at three of those locations.. i'm hoping for Hidalgo or Progreso so i can get a house near the Gulf..

Good luck and have fun at FLETC

Comment

• Originally posted by ayitearyee View Post
            Always check. Thats how I found out about my missing medical paperwork and messed up fingerprint cards(had highlighter on it).
            What was the contact number or email you used to double check your status?
            Tested: 8/2008
            TO: 12/2008
            GEO: LAX/LB
            1st TSU: 3/5/09
            2nd Medical: 6/1/11
            Cleared 6/22/11
            2nd BI: met 7/14/11
            Cleared 9/29/11
            2nd TSU:
            Referred to Schedule EOD: 9/23/2011

The Call: 10/24/11
            EOD: 11/21/11 (LAX)
            Fletc: 12/30 - 5/7/12

PFT2: 11/4/11 (passed)
            Final EOD letter: 11/7/11

Comment

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
              I think the requirement is 20/200 or something like that...

Just take the test and guess the first one (which I think it 20/200)...good luck! Lol
              The requirements are 20/100 uncorrected.

Well I went today morning and did an eye exam (not sure what good its going to do) and the opthomologist said I should be fine. Which I still don't quite understand what my uncorrected vision has to do with anything. Well I faxed a copy of the exam and I'm going to mail it on monday also, so let's see what they tell me now. Does anyone know if I'm denied again what steps I can take too possibly appeal this or if I'm able to? Hopefully that won't be the case but just in case... Anyone that has received the letter gotten a respinse back from mhc about the situation??

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                POST #25531 --- I GOT THE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EOD Sept 12th. I cannot believe how long it has been. I totally did not expect this. EOD NY-OTHER. I am going to leave my location private. It was not my first or second choice but I am happy regardless.

Academy 9/27/11-2/10/12

PFT2 coming up. I'll keep you guys posted. My NY friends -- this was the only spot open in NY. I did ask :-/
                so where is it ??

Comment

• Where is what? My port? I am going to keep that private. It's not JFK (since your from NYC you may be wondering).

Comment

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
                    You and I are in the same boat. You're lucky you took the exam in Sterling though. I had to take it in Norfolk (but it worked out since I took it when I had my drill weekend). What was your score on your NOR? My Fitness hasn't updated in CASS yet but I've spoke to MHC and they said I've passed both medical and fitness. VBT took at the airport on the 9th, passed, and we're pretty much in line with everything else, lol.
                    Heh lucky - not so much.. the test room was packed to the brink, sat on the floor of an insanely hot and sweaty room for a few hours but tested a 91 ... I've found that CASS updates sporadically at best, but fortunately haven't had to contact them about anything as things seem to be progressing in an orderly fashion. Are you trying to get into Dulles? I stuck around after my interview and talked to one of the supers and he seemed to like it, would be an ideal place to start just not sure of their needs. The investigator did tell me they wanted his results ASAP, and he let me know that was a good sign. I'll keep you in the loop though, good hunting.
                    Last edited by subarujunky; 08-26-2011, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGunn View Post
                      I failed the vision test also. I was far off the standards and had to get lasik.....currently waiting the final call. If you are close to the standards just get retested and squint really hard during test. I got the lasik in 2009.
                      I also got a letter in the mail stating that MHC needed more info on my condition in my right eye( light case of Keratonus).
                      I had to go back to the VA and have them finish an eye exam that they started to do three months ago, which was a very detailed exam. Uncorrected in that right eye 20/80 or something like that. corrected 20/20. I had the Veterans Admin send off the paperwork after they filled it out completely, straight back to the Medical Officer. The Doctor said I did fine. 20/20 in both eyes-corrected. I hope so...I come a long way....

Comment

• Originally posted by subarujunky View Post
                        Heh lucky - not so much.. the test room was packed to the brink, sat on the floor of an insanely hot and sweaty room for a few hours but tested a 91 ... I've found that CASS updates sporadically at best, but fortunately haven't had to contact them about anything as things seem to be progressing in an orderly fashion. Are you trying to get into Dulles? I stuck around after my interview and talked to one of the supers and he seemed to like it, would be an ideal place to start just not sure of their needs. The investigator did tell me they wanted his results ASAP, and he let me know that was a good sign. I'll keep you in the loop though, good hunting.
                        I would consider yourself lucky. A TO for a non-SWB or Georgia location with a score of 91 no less (A score of 91 is excellent, however I have to imagine there are plenty of VETS out there with 100+ scores due to vet pref points). Congratulations on your progress......your are moving at ludicrous speed!

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyw View Post
                          What was the contact number or email you used to double check your status?
                          BI - [email protected]
                          MED - [email protected]
                          Test: 12/10 (Geo: NJ)
                          New Geo: GA 6/13/11
                          New NOR: 6/14/11
                          TO: 6//15/11..........Pending
                          QUAL:6/28/11.........Pending
                          BI: 6/29/11.............Pending (In Security Office)
                          Fit1: 8/5/11............Completed
                          VBT/SI: 8/11/11.....Completed
                          MED: 9/12/11.........Completed
                          DT: 9/28/11...........Completed
                          Poly: 11/2/11..........Completed
                          Poly-2nd: 11/23/11..Completed
                          Fit2: ?
                          EOD: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                            I'm not sure how the budget works. They may have allocated funds to hire X number of CBPOs and continue to run classes without a break for the new FY. Or classes may stop short after oct 1st until the next budget passes.
                            They do not usually use funds to cross f-years. This is my biggest worry. Thats why I want to go before Oct 1 because they could just freeze classes

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                              Originally posted by TopFlightInGA View Post
                              Anyone at the academy know of classes starting in October. I was wondering because I know the new fiscal year is coming up in October and with no 2012 budget I was wondering if classes were going still be added.

Comment

• Originally posted by ayitearyee View Post
                                thanks!!
                                Tested: 8/2008
                                TO: 12/2008
                                GEO: LAX/LB
                                1st TSU: 3/5/09
                                2nd Medical: 6/1/11
                                Cleared 6/22/11
                                2nd BI: met 7/14/11
                                Cleared 9/29/11
                                2nd TSU:
                                Referred to Schedule EOD: 9/23/2011

The Call: 10/24/11
                                EOD: 11/21/11 (LAX)
                                Fletc: 12/30 - 5/7/12

PFT2: 11/4/11 (passed)
                                Final EOD letter: 11/7/11

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4690 users online. 303 members and 4387 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X