300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigblue8081
    my bad TO i think is correct but that doesnt mean anything about getting the job. first u gotta jump through hoops. like i said before ur tsa time counts twd retirement depending on age me 35 years and 57 age and you will get 1 day seniority on the others in ur port that start the same day that is all and when u get the job try not to mention tsa ppl laugh at tsa
    ya know!!! the hiring standards of TSA is a freaking joke. thats why half the 50 ppl who took the CBPO test when I took it on the 27th of feb were all TSA folks from laguardia and kennedy. I even heard some of em taking the DSNY civil service test they are so desperate to leave TSA

Comment

• I'm not looking for seniority per se. I'm looking more for starting out at higher pay. My tentative selection letter says VA so I'm not too thrilled about shooting myself in the foot with the GS-5 deal and trying to accept a position in Northern VA. I'm sure I could take the job, and just live 45mins to an hour away from work. I could maybe afford it then. But taking GS-5 would mean taking a paycut from what I'm currently making. A coworker of mine just got his VBT scheduled. He also is waiting on a call back from someone in the hiring center about filling out the SF-86 again since we are already in the system and have the clearance that is required for the officer position. Does anyone know if being in the system helps as far as paperwork goes? Thanks
      Assessment: Passed (89) 2/9/07
      Qualifications: Pending
      VBT: 4/12/07 rescheduled 6/5/07 Passed 6/21/07
      Medical: Passed 3/21/07
      Fitness Test: Passed 3/21/07
      Background: In security office
      Drug Test: Scheduled for 6/27/07

Comment

• Originally posted by Fenito
        I'm not looking for seniority per se. I'm looking more for starting out at higher pay. My tentative selection letter says VA so I'm not too thrilled about shooting myself in the foot with the GS-5 deal and trying to accept a position in Northern VA. I'm sure I could take the job, and just live 45mins to an hour away from work. I could maybe afford it then. But taking GS-5 would mean taking a paycut from what I'm currently making. A coworker of mine just got his VBT scheduled. He also is waiting on a call back from someone in the hiring center about filling out the SF-86 again since we are already in the system and have the clearance that is required for the officer position. Does anyone know if being in the system helps as far as paperwork goes? Thanks
        from what I know and have seen the TSA and CBP standards ARE NOT the same. and from my own experience it doesn't matter whether you're on the system or not, the hiring agency will investigate you like any candidate. I come from a good military background with an active secret security clearance (investigated and granted by OPM mind you) and I still had to go thru the same bull**** hoops before getting hired by the dept of treasury.

your background, as already previously stated, only helps with your FERS retirement, leave, sick time and seniority that will all carry over... don't expect the job being handed to you simply because you have TSA experience

Comment

I'm not looking for seniority per se. I'm looking more for starting out at higher pay. My tentative selection letter says VA so I'm not too thrilled about shooting myself in the foot with the GS-5 deal and trying to accept a position in Northern VA. I'm sure I could take the job, and just live 45mins to an hour away from work. I could maybe afford it then. But taking GS-5 would mean taking a paycut from what I'm currently making. A coworker of mine just got his VBT scheduled. He also is waiting on a call back from someone in the hiring center about filling out the SF-86 again since we are already in the system and have the clearance that is required for the officer position. Does anyone know if being in the system helps as far as paperwork goes? Thanks
          tsa has a lower clearance than cbp
          all of the paperwork needs to be done again nothing carries over
          are u a lead, sup or screener?
          i worked tsa b4 cbp and was investigated by cbp all over again tsa background was a joke u know that mine was completed 6-7 months after i was on the job figure that one out u will be investigated again!
          When in doubt prone em' out!

Comment

• I started out as a lead, dropped down to a screener and went part time to go back to school. Were you with TSA back when NCS Pearson was running the backgrounds and interviews? Thanks for clearing up the security clearance issue. I don't mind going through a background again. Thanks for all the info guys.

Comment

I started out as a lead, dropped down to a screener and went part time to go back to school. Were you with TSA back when NCS Pearson was running the backgrounds and interviews? Thanks for clearing up the security clearance issue. I don't mind going through a background again. Thanks for all the info guys.
              i dont remember who did background i started in 2003
              are u sure u qualify for gs7 there may be a problem b/c ur not a full time employee and u were a screener

Comment

• I started training Aug 2002, and back then NCS pearson was pushing people through like a McDonalds drive thru order. I think that's where alot of those TSA felons came from. Anyways, Most of my co-workers that applied qualified for GS-7 and all were part-time TSOs. I didn't think part-time or full-time made a difference. We still have the same responsibilities and training. Plus because of my time in service and raises, taking the GS-5 position would actually be a paycut from what I currently make. It could just be that my coworkers put the info in wrong or read the qualifications wrong. I'm gonna call the hiring center in MN tomorrow and see if I can find out any answers. Of about the 10 coworkers of mine that have put in for this position only the two of us who put VA as a duty location have heard anything back. But there are a few that took the test a couple of weeks after we did. Good luck to all who have applied. Here's hoping I pass my fitness and medical test wed.

Comment

• How will I know if I pass my background investigation? The CASS says it has been completed but it does not state if I pass the background or not. I also got a letter that if they offer me a job before my background is complete and if I can not clear my background I will be terminated. I rather know that I pass my background before accepting a position.

Comment

• Is it true that if you fail one test in the academy they will outomatically kick you out?

just thinks that I hear.

Comment

• When I was there years ago, if you fail one you get a retest. If you fail the retest you are out. Unfortunately, if you fail and then pass the retest, you cannot fail anymore test. There will be no retest, you are just s.o.l..

Comment

• Originally posted by erivera
                        Is it true that if you fail one test in the academy they will outomatically kick you out?

just thinks that I hear.

there are 8 written and 10 pe (practical ecercise) i was there jan-may 2006 i think that u can take a written test 2x and fail i think 3 tests before u are asked window or isle and the pe's u can take 3x dont remember but i think its the same 3 tests u go home??? i could be wrong on that

Comment

• How will I know if I pass my background investigation? The CASS says it has been completed but it does not state if I pass the background or not. I also got a letter that if they offer me a job before my background is complete and if I can not clear my background I will be terminated. I rather know that I pass my background before accepting a position.

Comment

• Originally posted by erivera
                            How will I know if I pass my background investigation? The CASS says it has been completed but it does not state if I pass the background or not. I also got a letter that if they offer me a job before my background is complete and if I can not clear my background I will be terminated. I rather know that I pass my background before accepting a position.
                            is there something u r hiding u should not be worried unless ur hiding something then u should be fired its always worse when big brother finding something after u lied.

Comment

• Well I have joined all of you in signing up for the CBP. I signed up for what they call the compressed test section. I get my results sameday and at the end of the day I get my oral interview date. Hope to be joining you all soon. I've always wanted to work in the federal sector and this is a job I've always wanted.
                              Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

• no not hiding anything, but I was fired from a job over three years ago, and there was a misundertanding from my opinion and my old job. The investigator informed me that I should write a memo on the incident and that he will summit that. That is why I think that there can be a problem. So that is why I think I should wait to clear my background before accepting a position. I don't want to quit my good job to find out in the academy that I did not pass my background.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9806 users online. 465 members and 9341 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X