300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
    I agree. I've never mentioned in any law enforcement interview that I'm in the process with another agency. Some agency applications ask if you've applied to other agencies, which gives me an opportunity to list what agencies I'm in the process for.
    OK, but this other position I'm considering isn't law enforcement. Neither is the AGS position I'm waiting for with CBP, but that's really beside the point in this case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mich-Again View Post
      Thanks for the input, AWTY. Like I mentioned, I would withdraw from CBP's process if another acceptable/competitive job were offered to me. Job-hopping is why my resume is so weak, so I plan to make my next move a permanent one. Normally, I wouldn't consider posing one potential employer against another, but this process with CBP is definitely not typical. True, I could negotiate with another employer without mentioning CBP, but I have to be prepared to backup/justify my position.
      An Aggie?

I guess the BI is identical to ours.

Maybe there's some agency out there who would find a completed SSBI adjudicated positively as a desirable selling point for salary negotiations. I'm guessing there's not many though. Lots of former PAs, CBPOs and CBPASs struggle to find comparable waged jobs after leaving CBP. Those are people who hold meaningful academy and work experience, in addition to the completed pre-employment processes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mich-Again View Post
        OK, but this other position I'm considering isn't law enforcement. Neither is the AGS position I'm waiting for with CBP, but that's really beside the point in this case.
        i wish you luck guy let me know how it turns out. this will be interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          An Aggie?

I guess the BI is identical to ours.

Maybe there's some agency out there who would find a completed SSBI adjudicated positively as a desirable selling point for salary negotiations. I'm guessing there's not many though. Lots of former PAs, CBPOs and CBPASs struggle to find comparable waged jobs after leaving CBP. Those are people who hold meaningful academy and work experience, in addition to the completed pre-employment processes.
          Merlin, when speaking with my BI w/ Internal Affairs, he pulled a clearance report. I have an TS SSBI through the USCG. USCG falls under DHS. Therefore, I have a clearance w/ DHS right? WRONG. He says it's not called an SSBI, and that terminology is through DOD, therefore, he says I have a DOD clearance. Well, if that was the case, I would've already been working with this one employer because I have a DOD clearance (I don't) and it would've already showed up in JPAS...hmmm...any suggestions?

Comment

• Thanks to all for the input. I'm convinced that a portion of CBP's process can be used in certain employment situations. At the very least, I'd think that any potential employer would be encouraged by the fact that I've passed one of the most intrusive and comprehensive BIs out there.

All CBP has to do is issue me an EOD, then it would be over; and I'll stick with the job indefinitely. But it looks like it will be *at least* next spring before that happens.

Yes, I'm waiting on an Aggie (AGS) position. I've been following this thread since the day I received my TO in July of '09, and I find it very informative - especially regarding hiring activity. For those that care, the AGS process is largely identical... but we don't do any sort of PFT or medical exam (although I'd personally welcome both).

Comment

• Referred to Schedule EOD 8/22/2011 "You have been referred to the scheduling unit"
              Does this means that "the call" is around the corner??

My GEO is Laredo,TX

Comment

• Heygood news for newbies!!!

Well, for newbies in this process...... guess what...... my hubby and I on CASS now show we have been reffered to schedule an EOD!! The curveball, we still have yet to DO our VBT..... But hey, that's awesome news for us lol...!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by LIL_VET_WIFE View Post
                  Well, for newbies in this process...... guess what...... my hubby and I on CASS now show we have been reffered to schedule an EOD!! The curveball, we still have yet to DO our VBT..... But hey, that's awesome news for us lol...!!!!
                  Ya they are in dire need of Officers, my VBT has not cleared yet and I got my EOD date. Hang in there and maybe I will see your hubby at the academy. BTW, I was in TSU for 1 day before I got "the call."

Comment

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
                    I don't understand...what do you mean you'll decline your offer from BPA because you bleed blue? If you're referring to blue as in law enforcement, I'm pretty sure the position of Border Patrol Agent is just as much of a law enforcement job as a Customs and Border Protection Officer. So if you truly bleed blue, you'll take whatever comes your way, whether it's BPA or CBPO.
                    I was referring to the uniforms, CBPO Blue vs BPA Green. Bad joke I suppose.

Comment

• Hey I see people are getting FOE's for SWB super quick. I completed all my steps for GA, anyone out there got an FOE for Atlanta yet?
                      Exam: 12/10
                      NOR: 1/25/10
                      Qualifications: (GS-7)
                      T.O: 5/25/11 (Georgia)
                      PFT1: 6/11 (Cleared)
                      B.I.: 6/11 (Started)
                      Medical: 7/11 (Cleared)
                      VBT & S.I.: 7/11(Cleared)
                      Drug Test: 8/11 (Cleared)
                      B.I.: 9/11 (Cleared)
                      PFT2: (rescheduled due to high BP)

Comment

• Originally posted by TopFlightInGA View Post
                        I am pending ROi too. By chance was your bi's from opm? Mine was. But anyway I had my background interview June 6 and report was turned in July 1st. I called IA august 1 an they told me about the pending ROI. I was going to call back again sept 1. It's very frustrating because still after they receive the ROi, it still has to be assigned an adjudicator.
                        I am not sure if my BI was from OPM? How would you know if OPM did your BI? I believe my BI was done from a contracting third party. I feel your pain man! Someone tested March 2011 and just received their EOD. 5 months to clear ALL the steps. CRAZY!

Comment

• For those of you who have questions about VBT, there is a link on cbp.gov under careers tab that goes into specific detail about different scenarios that are presented.

Comment

• Originally posted by LIL_VET_WIFE View Post
                            What's your GEO location?

Comment

• Hey everyone, so I passed my vbt and everything in cass is cleared except my bi. I still have not met with my BI and I am wondering if and when i will meet with him. I was dissappointed last fri bc everyone that I know that applied with me for SWB received "the call" the only difference in their process was that they met with their investigator in July. So yea im kind of bummed.lol sorry had to vent
                              CBPO
                              Test- 12/9/10
                              NOR- 1/07/11
                              T.O.- 4/1/11
                              Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
                              Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
                              Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
                              Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
                              Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
                              Pft2- ?
                              Eod- ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
                                What's your GEO location?
                                Arizona

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2532 users online. 155 members and 2377 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X