Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everyone, I had my VBT and Structured Interview today. I feel like it went well, I was a little nervous after the video portion but eventually my nerves were calmed when they called me in for the SI. Shortly before going in a few officers came out and introduced themselves to me wishing me good luck, they knew I work within homeland security and stated that they know quite a few people who work in my building. I felt good after this and was able to relax a lot after. I felt like the SI went well but I'll still have to wait on the results from MHC. As soon as I got home I checked my mail and saw that there was a package from CBP, after opening it up I saw it was the additional medical clearance paper for my Lasik and I also have to see an allergist for my peanut allergy to ensure that it won't affect my on the job duties. I got 30 days so you know as soon as I opened it up I immediately started working on scheduling my appointments. I feel good though and it seems that there is good news now for applicants and quicker time lines. Good luck to all.
    YOU'VE GOT THE MAGIC EYE, HOYT!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
      Just curious on how you could be green on everything except qualifications and pre-employment forms when your timeline shows that your VBT is 8/24/2011 and today is only 22 August?
      Okay okay... You caught me. I was paraphrasing. Just trying to re-post the question and get an opinion from someone. My "Drug Screening" is also pending...

Comment

• Does anyone know how often CASS is updated? Mine says the following:

Pre-Employment Forms - pending...(This was done 6/28/11) but says:
        One or more of your forms may have not been received. You will be contacted if additional documentation is required.
        Qualifications pending...(This was done 6/28/11) but says:
        A review of your work experience and/or education is still pending.
        Medical Exam pending... (This was done 8/5/11) but says:
        You will be contacted to schedule your medical examination.
        Structured Interview pending ...(This was done 8/11/11) but says:
        Your interview has been scheduled.
        Drug Screening pending...Your drug test is pending at this time.
        Background Investigation pending...(Forms completed 6/28/11)
        Background investigation forms received pending review for completeness of forms or pending completion of medical, drug test, fitness exam or structured interview if required.
        Fitness pending ...(This was done 8/5/11) but says:
        A fitness test appointment is scheduled for you.
        Last edited by ayitearyee; 08-23-2011, 07:50 AM.
        Test: 12/10 (Geo: NJ)
        New Geo: GA 6/13/11
        New NOR: 6/14/11
        TO: 6//15/11..........Pending
        QUAL:6/28/11.........Pending
        BI: 6/29/11.............Pending (In Security Office)
        Fit1: 8/5/11............Completed
        VBT/SI: 8/11/11.....Completed
        MED: 9/12/11.........Completed
        DT: 9/28/11...........Completed
        Poly: 11/2/11..........Completed
        Poly-2nd: 11/23/11..Completed
        Fit2: ?
        EOD: ?

Comment

• hey does anyone know if any of the new classes after Yoda's class has any east texas applicants in it?

Comment

• When I applied in Dec 2010, Detroit was my GEO pref and then they sent me an email for the SWB so I took it and it pushed me to the head of the line. My BI was what got me in so quick, it cleared in 6 weeks from meeting my BI. I took the BPA written test back in OCT 2010. I have a squeaky clean background and was an easy one. I got GS7 and I am currently waiting on a offer from BPA but I will decline because I bleed blue!

Comment

• Originally posted by hamballz View Post
              When I applied in Dec 2010, Detroit was my GEO pref and then they sent me an email for the SWB so I took it and it pushed me to the head of the line. My BI was what got me in so quick, it cleared in 6 weeks from meeting my BI. I took the BPA written test back in OCT 2010. I have a squeaky clean background and was an easy one. I got GS7 and I am currently waiting on a offer from BPA but I will decline because I bleed blue!
              Unless you had a cleared BI with BPA, it should have taken more than 6 weeks from your meeting... having a squeaky clean background helps, but knowing how many people are pending clearance and re-clearing... a brand new clearance should not have priority. Again nothing against you, simply the inconsistency of how they deal with these types of things. People that have been in the process for years and were FULLY cleared, have been jumped over in the line, because they figured they needed to do another full BI... mind you they have already cleared once and simply doing another cause it's been 2 years... and yet someone with pending steps somehow gets a call!
              just my $.02...
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by ayitearyee View Post
                Does anyone know how often CASS is updated? Mine says the following:

Pre-Employment Forms - pending...(This was done 6/28/11) but says:
                One or more of your forms may have not been received. You will be contacted if additional documentation is required.
                Qualifications pending...(This was done 6/28/11) but says:
                A review of your work experience and/or education is still pending.
                Medical Exam pending... (This was done 8/5/11) but says:
                You will be contacted to schedule your medical examination.
                Structured Interview pending ...(This was done 8/11/11) but says:
                Your interview has been scheduled.
                Drug Screening pending...Your drug test is pending at this time.
                Background Investigation pending...(Forms completed 6/28/11)
                Background investigation forms received pending review for completeness of forms or pending completion of medical, drug test, fitness exam or structured interview if required.
                Fitness pending ...(This was done 8/5/11) but says:
                A fitness test appointment is scheduled for you.
                Fitness went Green this morning!!!
                Test: 12/10 (Geo: NJ)
                New Geo: GA 6/13/11
                New NOR: 6/14/11
                TO: 6//15/11..........Pending
                QUAL:6/28/11.........Pending
                BI: 6/29/11.............Pending (In Security Office)
                Fit1: 8/5/11............Completed
                VBT/SI: 8/11/11.....Completed
                MED: 9/12/11.........Completed
                DT: 9/28/11...........Completed
                Poly: 11/2/11..........Completed
                Poly-2nd: 11/23/11..Completed
                Fit2: ?
                EOD: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by hamballz View Post
                  When I applied in Dec 2010, Detroit was my GEO pref and then they sent me an email for the SWB so I took it and it pushed me to the head of the line. My BI was what got me in so quick, it cleared in 6 weeks from meeting my BI. I took the BPA written test back in OCT 2010. I have a squeaky clean background and was an easy one. I got GS7 and I am currently waiting on a offer from BPA but I will decline because I bleed blue!
                  I don't understand...what do you mean you'll decline your offer from BPA because you bleed blue? If you're referring to blue as in law enforcement, I'm pretty sure the position of Border Patrol Agent is just as much of a law enforcement job as a Customs and Border Protection Officer. So if you truly bleed blue, you'll take whatever comes your way, whether it's BPA or CBPO.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    Maybe.

Truthfully, I've never heard of anyone attempting such a thing before. I think you're covering some largely untested ground with this plan.

I seriously doubt CBP will release any documentation to you or a prospective employer that details your passing of the background, PFT, drug test, etc. I'm thinking you'll have difficultly 'proving' any of it, should your prospective employer ask.

I'm also thinking your plan has a high chance of backfiring on you. If I was thinking of hiring you and you pulled out that strategy on me, I'd likely pass on you. Why? You have just showed me you're a 'money-chaser' and you've established that you have a likely much better job offer pending in the future that you've invested a great deal of effort in obtaining. That to me screams 'I'm outta here just as soon as Customs calls'. How many people will pay top-dollar for help that's likely to bolt for the door just as soon as a better offer from another agency comes knocking? I'm guessing few, if any will.

My two cents...
                    Mer.
                    I have to believe that this CBP process comes up during interviews for some people. It's a natural part of the discussion regarding a person's activities and goals.

CBP has already provided a document indicating my completed steps and subsequent pending employment - that's CASS. If I need evidence, all I have to do is print the page. It even has the current date on it.

You're right that the plan could backfire - but I'm much more concerned that it could backfire from CBP's side if for some reason they have serious objections to using my *pending* status to support another job application. However, if CBP is going to keep me on the hook AND in the dark, I feel that I should be able to utilize the situation to my advantage as much as possible.

Regarding the idea backfiring from another potential employer's side; that's easy. If this other employer is willing to compete with the compensation package I would get from CBP, then I would simply withdraw from CBP's process and forget about the (AGS in my case) job.

It's a somewhat complicated concept, no doubt... it just needs the proper context. I've clearly had plenty of time to scheme while I sit in TSU these past couple of years. In a way, it's sorta like prison.

Comment

• Mich-Again,

In my honest opinion, I wouldn't say anything about CBP, or any other agency you're in the hiring process with. The ONLY time I could see this being a benefit for you, is if you actually get a final offer, and while interviewing with another agency and they ask if you're "wanted" (their reference is for a crime), you could jokingly say "yes, I'm wanted by CBP or XYZ agency"...hahahahah.

But in all seriousness, it doesn't make any logical sense to say that you're in the hiring process with someone else. It just says to them that if they hire you first, it's a possibility you could leave them (which meant they wasted all that money hiring you). Good luck.

Comment

• Thanks for the input, AWTY. Like I mentioned, I would withdraw from CBP's process if another acceptable/competitive job were offered to me. Job-hopping is why my resume is so weak, so I plan to make my next move a permanent one. Normally, I wouldn't consider posing one potential employer against another, but this process with CBP is definitely not typical. True, I could negotiate with another employer without mentioning CBP, but I have to be prepared to backup/justify my position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mich-Again View Post
                          I have to believe that this CBP process comes up during interviews for some people. It's a natural part of the discussion regarding a person's activities and goals.

CBP has already provided a document indicating my completed steps and subsequent pending employment - that's CASS. If I need evidence, all I have to do is print the page. It even has the current date on it.

You're right that the plan could backfire - but I'm much more concerned that it could backfire from CBP's side if for some reason they have serious objections to using my *pending* status to support another job application. However, if CBP is going to keep me on the hook AND in the dark, I feel that I should be able to utilize the situation to my advantage as much as possible.

Regarding the idea backfiring from another potential employer's side; that's easy. If this other employer is willing to compete with the compensation package I would get from CBP, then I would simply withdraw from CBP's process and forget about the (AGS in my case) job.

It's a somewhat complicated concept, no doubt... it just needs the proper context. I've clearly had plenty of time to scheme while I sit in TSU these past couple of years. In a way, it's sorta like prison.

wow guy you have some serious issues. First of all how can you use something you dont have. I dont think any other employer will care anyways. and no i haver never ever ever said im in the process for anything else when your being interviewed. I have done many and have worked with many agencies and even if they ask you If you have applied else were you say NO If you want to get that job. It seems you have never done a law enforcement interview.

Exam: FEB 2007
                          NEW TO:11/19/10
                          GEO: San Diego, CA
                          Qualifications: Completed GS-7
                          Medical: used existing. recertified in DEC 2010
                          PFT 1 Test:12/30/2010
                          VBT: middle 2009. expires in middle 2012
                          Drug Screening: 10/27/2010
                          BI: completed meet investigator in Sep 2009 cleared in
                          April 2010 recleared in april 2011.
                          TSU: 7/20/11

BPA: test 2005
                          EOD: 2/28/11

Comment

• Elf - I'm ignoring *your* response due to poor grammar.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              This is the same practice that bit them in the rear end not too long ago... Why they would resort to doing this once again is beyond me. You would think they learned their lesson.
                              Nothing against those getting in in this timeframe... simply that many un-vetted applicants fell through the hoops that should've never even made it through a BI in the past. Trust Betrayed has enough of those already, and I for sure don't want any more.
                              Eh. Some believe that. Not me.

No one was hired who was not vetted. At 'worst', interim clearance people had provisional background investigations done on them. At most, you can argue that those provisional BIs under-vetted people.
                              Those 'under-vetted' were all eventually either fully vetted shortly after hiring...or let go. As far as I know, everyone lacking a full clearance had limited computer access, were stripped of their firearm, and were stuck doing light-duty and go-for assignments within their ports. They weren't exactly trusted with much, not from what I witnessed.

As far as Trust Betrayed goes, I'd be willing to be that few, if any, of those convicted of crimes that qualify for the TB list were people on an interim clearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by *El Famoso 818* View Post
                                wow guy you have some serious issues. First of all how can you use something you dont have. I dont think any other employer will care anyways. and no i haver never ever ever said im in the process for anything else when your being interviewed. I have done many and have worked with many agencies and even if they ask you If you have applied else were you say NO If you want to get that job. It seems you have never done a law enforcement interview.

Exam: FEB 2007
                                NEW TO:11/19/10
                                GEO: San Diego, CA
                                Qualifications: Completed GS-7
                                Medical: used existing. recertified in DEC 2010
                                PFT 1 Test:12/30/2010
                                VBT: middle 2009. expires in middle 2012
                                Drug Screening: 10/27/2010
                                BI: completed meet investigator in Sep 2009 cleared in
                                April 2010 recleared in april 2011.
                                TSU: 7/20/11

BPA: test 2005
                                EOD: 2/28/11
                                I agree. I've never mentioned in any law enforcement interview that I'm in the process with another agency. Some agency applications ask if you've applied to other agencies, which gives me an opportunity to list what agencies I'm in the process for.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14220 users online. 445 members and 13775 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X