300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TopGunn View Post
    They arent replying to people with GEO in the Northeast. They will contact you back in 2-3 years...
    I'm not contacting them with questions regarding hiring status, the usual "When will I receive a TO" so I don't see why it's such a problem.

Comment

• Its not a problem....but thats there way of saying.....as you can see its going to be a long time before we get to you. If a guy hasnt received a final job offer for your port and hes been waiting over 3 years....then more than likely MHC isnt in a rush to give you a TO.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGunn View Post
        Its not a problem....but thats there way of saying.....as you can see its going to be a long time before we get to you. If a guy hasnt received a final job offer for your port and hes been waiting over 3 years....then more than likely MHC isnt in a rush to give you a TO.
        No offense, but did you read my post? I'm not looking for a TO, not looking to find out when I'm going to get a TO, if you've read any of my previous posts I'm a current DHS employee and I've heard first hand from other CBPOs just how long I will most likely wait. I have other questions not directly pertaining to the hiring process that unfortunately nobody I know has been able to answer for me. Just looking for a better number so that I may contact MHC and get some answers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mich-Again View Post
          Perhaps not, but I'm determined to use this process as a means of boosting my relatively weak resume. I'm not going to list it as a job on my actual resume, but I've referenced this "hiring" process in some cover letters.

The potentially slippery part comes when/if a potential employer wants to follow up on the CBP situation. It's not my fault DHS hasn't hired me, but I was selected and passed a very thorough background investigation (among other steps). These are things that I think I should be able to use to my advantage while I wait.
          Maybe.

Truthfully, I've never heard of anyone attempting such a thing before. I think you're covering some largely untested ground with this plan.

I seriously doubt CBP will release any documentation to you or a prospective employer that details your passing of the background, PFT, drug test, etc. I'm thinking you'll have difficultly 'proving' any of it, should your prospective employer ask.

I'm also thinking your plan has a high chance of backfiring on you. If I was thinking of hiring you and you pulled out that strategy on me, I'd likely pass on you. Why? You have just showed me you're a 'money-chaser' and you've established that you have a likely much better job offer pending in the future that you've invested a great deal of effort in obtaining. That to me screams 'I'm outta here just as soon as Customs calls'. How many people will pay top-dollar for help that's likely to bolt for the door just as soon as a better offer from another agency comes knocking? I'm guessing few, if any will.

My two cents...
          Mer.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
            How many on this forum, on TSU waiting for SWB (San Diego)?
            And how many on here have chosen SWB as their location?
            I'm waiting for San Diego, but still waiting for my BI to clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by EXW Sailor View Post
              I'm waiting for San Diego, but still waiting for my BI to clear.
              I too am waiting for San Diego and am waiting for my background to clear. What does your timeline look like?

Comment

• when your at the port (pre academy), wat will you be requierd to wear?
                do they give you the uniform there or to you get that and all your LEO gear at fletc?
                CBPO:
                Exam: 12/10
                NOR: 2/11 PASS GS-5/7 (77)
                TO: 5/25/11 Laredo, TX
                TSP 1/2 SENT: 6/6/11
                PFT: 6/28/11
                VBT: 7/22/11
                FAIL PFT 1 NOTICE: 7/22/11
                REAPPLED: 7/22/11 SWB Region
                PASS VBT NOTICE: Mid 8/12
                NOR: 8/29/11 PASS GS-5/7 (77)
                Waiting on new TO

Comment

• Originally posted by Berto9862 View Post
                  when your at the port (pre academy), wat will you be requierd to wear?
                  do they give you the uniform there or to you get that and all your LEO gear at fletc?
                  For Seattle, I had to wear business casual. Pretty sure that is universal. You will get you uniforms at FLETC.

Did you get an EOD? What is your port?

Comment

• Originally posted by ayitearyee View Post
                    Should I be concerned with anything? I have not been contacted about any of the pre-employment forms. I took my medical exam on 8/5/11. I did the VBT & SI on 8/11/11. I have not done a drug test. I email them early this week about the DT and was told I would be notified when they schedule me. I completed a fitness test the same day as the Med Exam(8/5/11). I'm not sure how offen CASS is updated.

Pre-Employment Forms - pending
                    One or more of your forms may have not been received. You will be contacted if additional documentation is required.
                    Qualifications pending
                    A review of your work experience and/or education is still pending.
                    Medical Exam pending
                    You will be contacted to schedule your medical examination.
                    Structured Interview pending
                    Your interview has been scheduled.
                    Drug Screening pending
                    Your drug test is pending at this time.
                    Background Investigation pending
                    Background investigation forms received pending review for completeness of forms or pending completion of medical, drug test, fitness exam or structured interview if required.
                    Fitness pending
                    A fitness test appointment is scheduled for you.
                    I am also curious if anyone has any input. I am green in everything except qualifications and pre-employment forms????

Comment

• Originally posted by hamballz View Post
                      I just got off the phone with Jessica and she offered me Nogales, AZ with a EOD of 09/12/11 and Academy date of 09/25/11. I am glad to accept her offer and my timeline was super quick. She said if your applying for the SWB they have offers galore. I hope to meet Yoda at the FLETC because I have been following his story for the last 7 months. Keep your heads up and believe me your day is coming.

Time Line
                      12/10 Written test
                      6/17/11 Met with BI
                      7/14/11 TSL1&2
                      8/1/11 BI check mark
                      8/9/11 Drug test
                      8/16/11 VBT
                      8/21/11 The call
                      9/12/11 EOD

I was also in the process for Border Patrol Agent and I started that process last Oct. and I am waiting on an offer from them since I am in TSU for BPA as well. I know I am lucky to go through the process so quickly, my EOD letter is contingent on me passing drug test, VBT and PFT2. I know I already passed the drug test because Border Patrol told me they received it and its a go. VBT is still unknown as I have taken it last Tuesday but I hope all is well. Good Bless you all and I hope so see you at the academy.
                      Congrats on the call!
                      I can see that MHC keeps throwing curve balls on the process... 1st time in 4 years that I've seen someone get an offer with pending steps. I'll look for you guys on the 24th of Sept... if not later on that week!
                      Best of Luck!
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        Congrats on the call!
                        I can see that MHC keeps throwing curve balls on the process... 1st time in 4 years that I've seen someone get an offer with pending steps. I'll look for you guys on the 24th of Sept... if not later on that week!
                        Best of Luck!
                        Any word of classes in October. I know the new fiscal year is coming up an without a budget, I was wondering would academy dates still continue through October.
                        CBPO
                        Geo Pref:Georgia
                        NOR:3/07
                        T.O:10/08
                        1st TSU:6/09
                        2nd Fitness test:11/09
                        Credit pulled:4/10
                        2nd TSU:5/10
                        2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
                        2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
                        2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
                        All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• Just want to let everyone know for the SWB the process used to be 2 years awhile back, but that was due to the HIRING FREEZE that costed everyone time. Things have been moving very,very fast as of late. For the people who applied for the WA land borders TO's have not gone out to anyone. A friend scored 96% 12/2010 and has not recieved anything yet. Wait patiently and when they are ready they will send them.

Written Test- 12/16/2010
                          NOR-1/18/2011 84%
                          TSL1-5/25/2011
                          TSL2-5/26/2011
                          Pre-employment forms- pending
                          Qualifications- cleared
                          PFT1-6/28/2011 cleared
                          MED-7/18/2011 cleared
                          MET BI-7/26/2011 in security office
                          VBT/SI- 8/17/2011 waiting for results
                          Drug Test ?

The days of 2 year waiting is over! Have faith my brothers. People are getting EOD'D in 4 months now.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsakrl View Post
                            The days of 2 year waiting is over! Have faith my brothers. People are getting EOD'D in 4 months now.
                            This is the same practice that bit them in the rear end not too long ago... Why they would resort to doing this once again is beyond me. You would think they learned their lesson.
                            Nothing against those getting in in this timeframe... simply that many un-vetted applicants fell through the hoops that should've never even made it through a BI in the past. Trust Betrayed has enough of those already, and I for sure don't want any more.
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by jandrews6 View Post
                              I am also curious if anyone has any input. I am green in everything except qualifications and pre-employment forms????
                              Just curious on how you could be green on everything except qualifications and pre-employment forms when your timeline shows that your VBT is 8/24/2011 and today is only 22 August?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                                This is the same practice that bit them in the rear end not too long ago... Why they would resort to doing this once again is beyond me. You would think they learned their lesson.
                                Nothing against those getting in in this timeframe... simply that many un-vetted applicants fell through the hoops that should've never even made it through a BI in the past. Trust Betrayed has enough of those already, and I for sure don't want any more.
                                How else are they going to keep the wall of shame site on the DHS intranet stocked up...........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11287 users online. 394 members and 10893 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X