300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coastie,
    When you have a test... Yes, you have to study during the weekend! If not, you relax or take trips...
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Class No: CBPOBT-120
      Beginning Date: Sep 13, 2011
      End Date: Jan 25, 2012
      Training Center (FLETC)
      Brunswick, GA

Little flustered. Don't really know what I should bring. Also I wanna bring my tub of protein powder but I was reading the gym facilities are garbage. Anyone have any insight on this? Also a list of what I should bring next to the obvious like socks and such. Was thinking of getting a laptop but the internet has a price there right? What is it a month?

CBPO
      Written: 03/2010
      TO: 12/2010 (Arizona)
      Medical and PFT1: 02/2011
      E-Quip: 03/2011
      BI started: 04/2011
      Finger Prints sent: 05/2011
      VBT and SI: 07/21/2011
      BI: Cleared 08/02/2011
      Call: 08/09/2011
      PFT2: 08/17/2011 Passed
      EOD: 08/29/2011 Nogales AZ
      Fletc: 9/13/2011 Class No. CBPOBT-120

Shufflin' Shufflin': As we speak

Comment

• So for all that switched to the new announcement open it has been extended yet again until Spet 15. There must really be a lot of people failing steps in the process and the need for bodies is high. I was just about to switch myself but who knows when those new TO's for this announcement will ever go out. Sigh.
        CBP: CBPO
        EOD: 10/11/11 (South Texas)

Comment

• Look if you know what you are doing in a gym you will have everything you need here to get an effective workout. Dumbbells go up to 150lbs so bring your wrist straps. there's also good running trails, fitness trails, stuff for cross fit. All you need is an adjustable bench and a good set of dumbbells anyway, right?

There's just a some equiptment you would find in a newer high end gym that's not here. And a lot of other stuff that I wouldn't bother using. And it does get packed, but I find if you go after 1930 it's pretty dead. You wil have to wear the standard fletc gym shirt, shorts, and socks that they will give you and wash for you. So bring extra under wear.

Protien powder takes up a lot of room in luggage, you can just buy it down here.

The Internet start at $34 a month I think. I pay $49 a month for the high streaming video speed. Its cheaper if you pay for 6 months at a time. Didn't bring my laptop but I have an iPad here.

If you are driving here lots of people have bikes here to get around the training center.
          Originally posted by krymsin View Post
          Class No: CBPOBT-120
          Beginning Date: Sep 13, 2011
          End Date: Jan 25, 2012
          Training Center (FLETC)
          Brunswick, GA

Little flustered. Don't really know what I should bring. Also I wanna bring my tub of protein powder but I was reading the gym facilities are garbage. Anyone have any insight on this? Also a list of what I should bring next to the obvious like socks and such. Was thinking of getting a laptop but the internet has a price there right? What is it a month?
          CBPO
          TO - 05/08 JFK
          EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
            Look if you know what you are doing in a gym you will have everything you need here to get an effective workout. Dumbbells go up to 150lbs so bring your wrist straps. there's also good running trails, fitness trails, stuff for cross fit. All you need is an adjustable bench and a good set of dumbbells anyway, right?

There's just a some equiptment you would find in a newer high end gym that's not here. And a lot of other stuff that I wouldn't bother using. And it does get packed, but I find if you go after 1930 it's pretty dead. You wil have to wear the standard fletc gym shirt, shorts, and socks that they will give you and wash for you. So bring extra under wear.

Protien powder takes up a lot of room in luggage, you can just buy it down here.

The Internet start at $34 a month I think. I pay $49 a month for the high streaming video speed. Its cheaper if you pay for 6 months at a time. Didn't bring my laptop but I have an iPad here.

If you are driving here lots of people have bikes here to get around the training center.
            Thanks for your help.

CBPO

Comment

• Here's a random question that may very well go unanswered. I assume many people continue to apply for other jobs while sitting and waiting in the multi-year TSU abyss. Has anyone discussed your pending employment with DHS/CBP in an application process? In addition to making me look less desperate, I'm considering using the CBP position as leverage in salary negotiations. I don't make much money right now, but I would like to somehow justify requesting a higher salary for another position based on my earning potential with the feds (which can be proven easily by showing the GS pay scale).

Comment

• Using possible, pending employment with DHS as a bargaining tool for salary negotiations with another potential employer?

I rather doubt it will work.

If you give it a shot, let us all know how it all turns out for you.
                Last edited by merlin436; 08-22-2011, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• Hey guys,new to this thread,did anyone on this forum take a test on July 18th? Did you hear anything back from US Customs?It says that you have to expect your test results between 4-6 weeks and I didn't hear anything back since then,should I expect a letter via mail or an e-mail,thank you in advance.

Comment

• 3 years waiting for CBP and still nothing, waiting less than a year with BP and I EOD sept 12th. Still going to keep my file open with CBP though. Guy at MHC said there is a good chance I will get an offer for CBP after I get out ot the BP academy, I can make my final decision then as what to do I guess.

CBP
                    Written: 7/31/2008
                    TO: 8/2008
                    1st tsu: 1/2009
                    3rd tsu: 7/27/2011

BPA
                    Written: 10/10
                    EOD: 9/12/11

Comment

• Anyone have any insight as to why the process takes that much longer for CBPO than BPA? The only step I have left for BPA is the background investigation, and I've only been in this game since late January. I realize I may still have another several months before that clears but still, 1 year compared to 3?
                      Border Patrol Agent
                      Applied - 11/11/2010
                      Written Exam - 1/11/2011
                      NOR - 1/20/2011 - Score - 96
                      TSL1 - 5/25/2011
                      TSL2 - 6/1/2011
                      PFT1 - 6/24/2011
                      BI Interview - 7/7/2011
                      Oral Board - 7/20/2011 - Passed
                      Drug Test - 8/12/2011 - Cleared in CASS 10/20/2011
                      Background Completed - 11/1/2011
                      Referred to TSU - 11/14/2011

Comment

• I just got off the phone with Jessica and she offered me Nogales, AZ with a EOD of 09/12/11 and Academy date of 09/25/11. I am glad to accept her offer and my timeline was super quick. She said if your applying for the SWB they have offers galore. I hope to meet Yoda at the FLETC because I have been following his story for the last 7 months. Keep your heads up and believe me your day is coming.

Time Line
                        12/10 Written test
                        6/17/11 Met with BI
                        7/14/11 TSL1&2
                        8/1/11 BI check mark
                        8/9/11 Drug test
                        8/16/11 VBT
                        8/21/11 The call
                        9/12/11 EOD

I was also in the process for Border Patrol Agent and I started that process last Oct. and I am waiting on an offer from them since I am in TSU for BPA as well. I know I am lucky to go through the process so quickly, my EOD letter is contingent on me passing drug test, VBT and PFT2. I know I already passed the drug test because Border Patrol told me they received it and its a go. VBT is still unknown as I have taken it last Tuesday but I hope all is well. Good Bless you all and I hope so see you at the academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by hamballz View Post
                          I just got off the phone with Jessica and she offered me Nogales, AZ with a EOD of 09/12/11 and Academy date of 09/25/11. I am glad to accept her offer and my timeline was super quick. She said if your applying for the SWB they have offers galore. I hope to meet Yoda at the FLETC because I have been following his story for the last 7 months. Keep your heads up and believe me your day is coming.

Time Line
                          12/10 Written test
                          6/17/11 Met with BI
                          7/14/11 TSL1&2
                          8/1/11 BI check mark
                          8/9/11 Drug test
                          8/16/11 VBT
                          8/21/11 The call
                          9/12/11 EOD

I was also in the process for Border Patrol Agent and I started that process last Oct. and I am waiting on an offer from them since I am in TSU for BPA as well. I know I am lucky to go through the process so quickly, my EOD letter is contingent on me passing drug test, VBT and PFT2. I know I already passed the drug test because Border Patrol told me they received it and its a go. VBT is still unknown as I have taken it last Tuesday but I hope all is well. Good Bless you all and I hope so see you at the academy.
                          Congrats Bro

CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            Using possible, pending employment with DHS as a bargaining tool for salary negotiations with another potential employer?

I rather doubt it will work.

If you give it a shot, let us all know how it all turns out for you.
                            Perhaps not, but I'm determined to use this process as a means of boosting my relatively weak resume. I'm not going to list it as a job on my actual resume, but I've referenced this "hiring" process in some cover letters.

The potentially slippery part comes when/if a potential employer wants to follow up on the CBP situation. It's not my fault DHS hasn't hired me, but I was selected and passed a very thorough background investigation (among other steps). These are things that I think I should be able to use to my advantage while I wait.

Comment

• Has anyone who has not received a TO yet been able to contact MHC when needed? In the last month I have sent multiple emails, left multiple voicemails and have on other occasions attempted to call MHC without any success. The MHC phone numbers I have:

952-857-2927
                              952-857-2917

Bring me straight to voicemail, I've never been able to speak with an actual person. I've also tried emailing the following addresses:

[email protected]
                              [email protected]

I have yet to receive a reply after sending multiple emails.

Does anyone have a better phone number that I can contact MHC with in order to ask a few questions about the hiring process? If so feel free to PM the number to me.

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                                Has anyone who has not received a TO yet been able to contact MHC when needed? In the last month I have sent multiple emails, left multiple voicemails and have on other occasions attempted to call MHC without any success. The MHC phone numbers I have:

952-857-2927
                                952-857-2917

Bring me straight to voicemail, I've never been able to speak with an actual person. I've also tried emailing the following addresses:

[email protected]
                                [email protected]

I have yet to receive a reply after sending multiple emails.

Does anyone have a better phone number that I can contact MHC with in order to ask a few questions about the hiring process? If so feel free to PM the number to me.

Thanks.

They arent replying to people with GEO in the Northeast. They will contact you back in 2-3 years...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10148 users online. 455 members and 9693 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X