300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
    Mmm if these are the crack houses they're not too bad. But yes there is no fridge or any kitchen stuff, there is a small TV, wifi and shared bathrooms that are very easy to get locked out of or leave and accidentally lock out your neighbor.

And by the way this is a LE training center and for chow it's basically an all you can eat Buffett all day long... cheeseburgers, FF, soda all you can eat! And the gym facilities suck!

That's just a little backwards
    Thank you for the reply. I hope I dont get fat down there lol
    CBPO
    Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
    TO: 2/2011
    Medical: 3/22/2011
    PT Test: 3/22/2011
    VBT: 3/2011
    Background: 3/2011
    Drug Test: 4/2011
    Referred to TSU: 5/2011
    PT Test 2: TBD
    FLETC: Good Question lol
    CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
    Info Session 9/2009
    Interview 3/2010
    COE 5/2010
    Medical 5/2010
    Fit/Background 7/2010
    All clear as of 11/2010
    FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
      You sure are one lucky dude to have a BI clear that quickly...
      Mine also clear within a month meet with BI in Jul ,yesterday showed completed in CASS(to clarify I do work for CBP),but still have to go with the process as any applicant. I had 2 BI in less than 1 1/2 yrs.Now just waiting results for VBI & SI
      CBPO
      Exam: 12/2010
      GEO: Texas West/N Mexico
      NOR: Jan 2011
      TO VRA: 3/2011 El Paso
      TO: 4/2011 El Paso
      Pre emp : Completed
      Qualifications: Completed
      PT Test: 4/2011 Completed
      Drug Screening: not required
      Medical: 4/2011 Completed
      BI met w/ investigator 7/14 Completed 8/16
      VBI: 08/12/2011 letter received 8/27 Passed
      Change GEO,- Southeast 6/08
      TSU 8/18/2011

Comment

• Should I be concerned with anything? I have not been contacted about any of the pre-employment forms. I took my medical exam on 8/5/11. I did the VBT & SI on 8/11/11. I have not done a drug test. I email them early this week about the DT and was told I would be notified when they schedule me. I completed a fitness test the same day as the Med Exam(8/5/11). I'm not sure how offen CASS is updated.

Pre-Employment Forms - pending
        One or more of your forms may have not been received. You will be contacted if additional documentation is required.
        Qualifications pending
        A review of your work experience and/or education is still pending.
        Medical Exam pending
        You will be contacted to schedule your medical examination.
        Structured Interview pending
        Your interview has been scheduled.
        Drug Screening pending
        Your drug test is pending at this time.
        Background Investigation pending
        Background investigation forms received pending review for completeness of forms or pending completion of medical, drug test, fitness exam or structured interview if required.
        Fitness pending
        A fitness test appointment is scheduled for you.
        Test: 12/10 (Geo: NJ)
        New Geo: GA 6/13/11
        New NOR: 6/14/11
        TO: 6//15/11..........Pending
        QUAL:6/28/11.........Pending
        BI: 6/29/11.............Pending (In Security Office)
        Fit1: 8/5/11............Completed
        VBT/SI: 8/11/11.....Completed
        MED: 9/12/11.........Completed
        DT: 9/28/11...........Completed
        Poly: 11/2/11..........Completed
        Poly-2nd: 11/23/11..Completed
        Fit2: ?
        EOD: ?

Comment

• First off, forigve me for not going through 1017 pages of information. Just curious if someone can offer a quick response to my question. With the current announcements hiring at gs5/7, it says the promotioinal potential is 7, does that mean that there is no progression after a 7? If there is how does it work? Do you go to a 9 a year later or just take steps in the gs 7 grade, 7-1, 7-2, and so on? Forgive me for not knowing, I am familiar with the hiring and pay of an 1811, however, I am not for this position. Any insight one could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your assistance and good luck to everyone in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asp1214 View Post
            First off, forigve me for not going through 1017 pages of information. Just curious if someone can offer a quick response to my question. With the current announcements hiring at gs5/7, it says the promotioinal potential is 7, does that mean that there is no progression after a 7? If there is how does it work? Do you go to a 9 a year later or just take steps in the gs 7 grade, 7-1, 7-2, and so on? Forgive me for not knowing, I am familiar with the hiring and pay of an 1811, however, I am not for this position. Any insight one could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your assistance and good luck to everyone in the process.
            You don't need to read the thread, you need to read the announcement!! Journeyman is GS12, which means that you progress without further competition to a GS12. This is in the announcement, and it works the same way as it would for the 1811 series.
            Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

As I stated previously the OP had just taken his PFT-2, you final offer comes after the results are sent in to MHC... It takes some time for you to receive the call and the email with reporting information/instructions. I highly doubt that he actually called and spoke with the POE for this information.
              Sorry I hadn't replied to anything, I got in to Laredo Friday at around 2 AM. 23 1/2 hour drive!

Anyways, stop highly doubting things bud! As I mentioned then, I did speak directly to my port. She specifically told me to wear "suit and tie" for the first day because I will be getting sworn in and pictures would be taken. I don't know who's going to be at the swearing-in ceremony, but my guess is that I should just do what I am told.

The PFT2 results were sent in the same day of the test, and at 2:37 pm I received the "congratulations" email. At around 3:30 pm I received the call from my POE. She was really nice and disclosed a lot of very helpful information including the hotel which im currently staying at.
              CBPO
              TO:04/01/11
              EOD: 08/22/11
              FLETC:09/07/11

Comment

• [QUOTE=*El Famoso 818*;2855156]me

Exam: FEB 2007
                NEW TO:11/19/10
                GEO: San Diego, CA
                Qualifications: Completed GS-7
                Medical: used existing. recertified in DEC 2010
                PFT 1 Test:12/30/2010
                VBT: middle 2009. expires in middle 2012
                Drug Screening: 10/27/2010
                BI: completed meet investigator in Sep 2009 cleared in
                April 2010 recleared in april 2011.
                TSU: 7/20/11

Cool.....since nobody responded it's seems like we are the only one on this forum waiting on San Diego. As soon as my medical clears I'll be waiting in line in TSU with you. Good Luck

Comment

• So for all of us that recently took the written test around July and August 2011, we probably have a long wait lol, since noone received their scores yet.
                  Exam: 03/2012
                  NOR: 04/2012 81
                  Qualified for: GS 7
                  TSL 1 & 2 : 11/2012 Switch from SWB to Central/East Coast
                  Medical & FT: 12/2011 Completed
                  VBT & SI: 01/2012 Completed
                  Drug Test: 04/12/12 Completed
                  BI: Security Office 01/02/13
                  Poly: 04/10/2013. Failed
                  EOD:
                  PFT 2:

Comment

• Originally posted by Freefallin View Post
                    Sorry I hadn't replied to anything, I got in to Laredo Friday at around 2 AM. 23 1/2 hour drive!

Anyways, stop highly doubting things bud! As I mentioned then, I did speak directly to my port. She specifically told me to wear "suit and tie" for the first day because I will be getting sworn in and pictures would be taken. I don't know who's going to be at the swearing-in ceremony, but my guess is that I should just do what I am told.

The PFT2 results were sent in the same day of the test, and at 2:37 pm I received the "congratulations" email. At around 3:30 pm I received the call from my POE. She was really nice and disclosed a lot of very helpful information including the hotel which im currently staying at.
                    Good for you bud!...
                    As you can see most in this process is relative... You might as well be counting your blessings to be picked up in so little time, I hope you don't underestimate how lucky you are!
                    Someone that waited 3 years to get in, and was past half way in the academy, was just sent home because of a broken foot...
                    You're never in until you actually make it all the way through.
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Hello everyone! I am new to these forums and am excited to be going through the process. Here is my timeline.
                      Applied for (Texas All Other SWB, Texas)

Written Test- 12/16/2010
                      NOR-1/18/2011 84%
                      TSL1-5/25/2011
                      TSL2-5/26/2011
                      Pre-employment forms- pending
                      Qualifications- cleared
                      PFT1-6/28/2011 cleared
                      MED-7/18/2011 cleared
                      MET BI-7/26/2011 in security office
                      VBT/SI- 8/17/2011 waiting for results
                      Drug Test ?

Comment

Good for you bud!...
                        As you can see most in this process is relative... You might as well be counting your blessings to be picked up in so little time, I hope you don't underestimate how lucky you are!
                        Someone that waited 3 years to get in, and was past half way in the academy, was just sent home because of a broken foot...
                        As I've stated several times in this forum, I know exactly how extremely lucky I am.

My police academy class started 17 strong. In the first month one recruit was pulled due to injury. After 3 months another recruit was pulled due to unknown reasons, and 1 recruit failed the State of Fl. Exam three times and was forced to go through the 6 1\2 month academy all over again.

It's never over till it's over, you're right about that!!
                        CBPO
                        TO:04/01/11
                        EOD: 08/22/11
                        FLETC:09/07/11

Comment

Good for you bud!...
                          All I can say is WOW. Up-thread, you stopped just short of calling the guy a liar. Now, it is evident that what he was conveying was indeed what he was told by the port and instead of at least acknowledging that you were incorrect you still manage to post an arrogant and condescending post. Not everyone's experience with the process is like yours. Officer.com is not even close to a big enough sample to be indicative of the process as a whole. Everyone is well aware of how fortunate they are to be selected they really don't need you to remind them.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                            All I can say is WOW. Up-thread, you stopped just short of calling the guy a liar. Now, it is evident that what he was conveying was indeed what he was told by the port and instead of at least acknowledging that you were incorrect you still manage to post an arrogant and condescending post. Not everyone's experience with the process is like yours. Officer.com is not even close to a big enough sample to be indicative of the process as a whole. Everyone is well aware of how fortunate they are to be selected they really don't need you to remind them.

FB
                            Not really sure where you get that I was being condescending and arrogant, and for sure it was not intended as such... I did not call him a liar and did not insinuate it either, merely asked if he was sure he had talked to his POE so soon after the PFT-2, no one in my class received their reporting info or call the same day of the PFT-2. I was simply going by what I know through my experience and those around me... besides most new applicants usually mistake terms when they post here, and I took it as such.

I can say that the avg wait time for my class was 3 years, with mine being the longest, and they have all had a very similar experience with the exception of the BI hangup I had... As I stated previously, even though the process for most of us old timers has been very similar, MHC seems to always throw out there some curve balls for a few. So as with everything in the "G"... always changing and never a constant.

Once again... written word is a really bad conveyance of emotion or intent. It was not my intention to demean anyone... Though I do try to convey some reality for the new applicants joining the site.

So I digress...
                            Have a pleasant evening FB, I'm heading back to the books...
                            Last edited by yoda; 08-20-2011, 10:59 PM.
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Don't even bother with him man.

Sucks for that guy hopefully he still gets to go back to his port and do some busy work until he heals up and can come back.

CBP training is that intense you need to study on Saturday night?
                              CBPO
                              TO - 05/08 JFK
                              EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• I studied Sunday afternoon!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14186 users online. 389 members and 13797 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X