Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Famoso are you currently a BPA? Run into any problems keeping everything up to date with CBP? Will Border Patrol be upset if you leave for CBP.

Comment

• Originally posted by stck_mkt View Post
      El Famoso are you currently a BPA? Run into any problems keeping everything up to date with CBP? Will Border Patrol be upset if you leave for CBP.
      yes current BPA. no actually i have completed all steps and just waiting for the call for CBPO. I graduated in May from the BPA academy and I was still in the process for CBPO admin wise it does not affect you in any way shape or form its two different agencies. I still have to go to the academy for 4 months in Glynco,Ga i have been there before in 2006 im a former BOP Correctional Officer. As for the Border Patrol caring i think not theres allot of PA here from the academy there expecting at least 100 in casa grande. I obviously dont talk about it here at work when I get the call i will give them my new duty station and my file transfers over to CBP.

Comment

• Originally posted by *El Famoso 818* View Post
        yes current BPA. no actually i have completed all steps and just waiting for the call for CBPO. I graduated in May from the BPA academy and I was still in the process for CBPO admin wise it does not affect you in any way shape or form its two different agencies. I still have to go to the academy for 4 months in Glynco,Ga i have been there before in 2006 im a former BOP Correctional Officer. As for the Border Patrol caring i think not theres allot of PA here from the academy there expecting at least 100 in casa grande. I obviously dont talk about it here at work when I get the call i will give them my new duty station and my file transfers over to CBP.
        I'm just curious why you are trying to make the switch? It would suck to have to go through another academy again so soon. I'm guessing it has to do with location?
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

it all depends when you tested. when did you test?
          I tested 8/18/11

Comment

• Did anyone took the CBPO exam on 08/02/11 in NYC for duty locations in the southwest, if so did you received your results yet?
            Exam: 03/2012
            NOR: 04/2012 81
            Qualified for: GS 7
            TSL 1 & 2 : 11/2012 Switch from SWB to Central/East Coast
            Medical & FT: 12/2011 Completed
            VBT & SI: 01/2012 Completed
            Drug Test: 04/12/12 Completed
            BI: Security Office 01/02/13
            Poly: 04/10/2013. Failed
            EOD:
            PFT 2:

Comment

• YODA or anyone with experience.

My background investigation has been in limbo in IA. I called them and they tell me they are waiting for my Report of Investigator "R.O.I". I had my BI interview back in May 2011 and he submitted his report June 2011. I contacted my BI and he mentioned to me that his part of the investigation was closed since he submitted his report and received payment. He is not allowed to follow up on his applicants after he submits his report. I keep getting "Call back in two weeks" and I do which I keep getting the same answer pending ROI. I been getting this answer since July 2011. I had four BI which I spoke with all of them and they all submitted their reports. Anyone have advice?

Comment

• My timeline

Applied in Dec 2010
                Completed all step in between
                Met BI in May 2011
                BI submit report June 2011
                BI Complete- Pending ROI
                Last edited by spoondawgy24; 08-19-2011, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Would you mind sharing some insight on why you are choosing to switch agencies? BPA -> CBPO
                  The pay is not that great as as BPA? Are you getting a location closer to your family as a CBPO? I would like to know your pro's and con's from your point of view as a BPA if you don't mind?

Comment

• Originally posted by spoondawgy24 View Post
                    YODA or anyone with experience.

My background investigation has been in limbo in IA. I called them and they tell me they are waiting for my Report of Investigator "R.O.I". I had my BI interview back in May 2011 and he submitted his report June 2011. I contacted my BI and he mentioned to me that his part of the investigation was closed since he submitted his report and received payment. He is not allowed to follow up on his applicants after he submits his report. I keep getting "Call back in two weeks" and I do which I keep getting the same answer pending ROI. I been getting this answer since July 2011. I had four BI which I spoke with all of them and they all submitted their reports. Anyone have advice?
                    CBPO
                    Geo Pref:Georgia
                    NOR:3/07
                    T.O:10/08
                    1st TSU:6/09
                    2nd Fitness test:11/09
                    Credit pulled:4/10
                    2nd TSU:5/10
                    2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
                    2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
                    2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
                    All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

Was wondering what number did you call to check on your Background Investigation status?
                      Tested: 8/2008
                      TO: 12/2008
                      GEO: LAX/LB
                      1st TSU: 3/5/09
                      2nd Medical: 6/1/11
                      Cleared 6/22/11
                      2nd BI: met 7/14/11
                      Cleared 9/29/11
                      2nd TSU:
                      Referred to Schedule EOD: 9/23/2011

The Call: 10/24/11
                      EOD: 11/21/11 (LAX)
                      Fletc: 12/30 - 5/7/12

PFT2: 11/4/11 (passed)
                      Final EOD letter: 11/7/11

Comment

My timeline

Applied in Dec 2010
                        Completed all step in between
                        Met BI in May 2011
                        BI submit report June 2011
                        BI Complete- Pending ROI
                        I am pending ROi too. By chance was your bi's from opm? Mine was. But anyway I had my background interview June 6 and report was turned in July 1st. I called IA august 1 an they told me about the pending ROI. I was going to call back again sept 1. It's very frustrating because still after they receive the ROi, it still has to be assigned an adjudicator.
                        CBPO
                        Geo Pref:Georgia
                        NOR:3/07
                        T.O:10/08
                        1st TSU:6/09
                        2nd Fitness test:11/09
                        Credit pulled:4/10
                        2nd TSU:5/10
                        2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
                        2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
                        2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
                        All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• Originally posted by Indio0217 View Post
                          Did anyone took the CBPO exam on 08/02/11 in NYC for duty locations in the southwest, if so did you received your results yet?
                          Tested 8/4 in NYC...have yet to receive results.
                          Border Patrol Agent
                          Applied - 11/11/2010
                          Written Exam - 1/11/2011
                          NOR - 1/20/2011 - Score - 96
                          TSL1 - 5/25/2011
                          TSL2 - 6/1/2011
                          PFT1 - 6/24/2011
                          BI Interview - 7/7/2011
                          Oral Board - 7/20/2011 - Passed
                          Drug Test - 8/12/2011 - Cleared in CASS 10/20/2011
                          Background Completed - 11/1/2011
                          Referred to TSU - 11/14/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by zkostrze View Post
                            Tested 8/4 in NYC...have yet to receive results.
                            I tested 7/19. I'm not holding my breather it appears to be a long drawn out process. My friend was in the process for right at the three year mark.
                            App. 7.2011
                            Test 7.2011
                            N.O.R. 9.2011
                            TSL1 MAY-2012
                            TSL2 May-2012
                            B.I. -In Security Office
                            PFT1-June-Passed-2012
                            Medical - July-2012
                            VBT/SI - July-2012

Comment

After the Investigator submits his report to IA it can take from 6 months to a year to have it fully adjudicated, your best bet is to let it ride and to wait patiently... If it hits the year mark with no contact from IA or no movement on clearance let me know and I'll give you the number for IA.
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by casadenewman View Post
                                I tested 7/19. I'm not holding my breather it appears to be a long drawn out process. My friend was in the process for right at the three year mark.
                                Tested 7/18 Nothin Yet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17522 users online. 481 members and 17041 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X