300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• audio:

I was there for 8 hrs and went home happy... means we were given results and T.O. on the SPOT... Hence, knowing how many of the testers passed that day... Like I said almost 500 took the test, and less than 100 passed that day.

As to the dude with the credit issue, if your credit score isn't bad and that is the "only" issue you have, I'd say press on... If you have the proof that you took care of the debt, then you should be in the clear, unless you have other credit problems then you should withdraw and wait a bit.

Saladine:

Congrats... I'm still waiting....lol
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• YODA:

Thanks for your thoughts. I see you are in Los Angeles. Are you also applying to LA/LongBeach?

Yes, the charge-off is the only negative on my credit. I had near perfect credit before that. It was at a time I was unemployed and struggling to pay off school loans.....they got me clean. I have since paid it off and should clear up soon on reports. I also have letters to prove it. It was just discouraging to get a call from Internal Affairs now knowing it will be a potential problem. I told them screw it and submit to MHC.

Will MHC allow you to dispute/resolve it if they find it an issue. Also, if you are found unsuitable, can you re-apply??

THANK ALL !!!

Comment

• Maverick:

Whenever you get to meet with the Investigator you will have a chance to provide evidence of payments (and anything else he might want). If you already got a Tentative Offer, and have cleared everything else (Medical, Fitness, VBT, Drug) and all you have left is BI, then your case has already been at MHC for a while...

I applied for LA, Long Beach in August 07', tested and got my TO late that month. I have passed everything, and I'm still waiting for them to clear my BI, which is getting close to 7 months now since I met with the Investigator...

Good Luck
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Fl

Deleted....
          Last edited by Saladine; 08-20-2008, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saladine View Post
            Report August 11; Academy September 10 to December 30.
            Congrats , I'll see you at FLETC, you're in my class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saladine View Post
              Well I recieved the call today from scheduling. I thought it was kind of strange since today is a Monday but oh well. I was given five ports to pick from. Luckily the port I wanted was included. Report August 11; Academy September 10 to December 30.

Tested in November 2007 so it has been nine months.

Just wanted to share. Good luck to everyone else still in the process.

Saladine
              Congratulations! we have the same timeline, i applied for miami on NOV 2007, my BI is still "IN THE SECURITY OFFICE" I met with the investigator sometime in MARCH or APRIL so I'm just patiently waiting but it's rough. When did you get your TO?

Comment

• To

Deleted....
                Last edited by Saladine; 08-20-2008, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• They've extending the date to apply for those interested until August 4th. The announcement is only for critical locations but they expanded that list to the locations below:

"We have extended this announcement's closing date to 8/4/08 due to the critical need for CBP Officers for the following 22 geographic locations: Arizona, Maine, Michigan, Montana, North Dakota, East Texas, California (San Francisco/Oakland), California (Los Angeles/Long Beach), California (Calexico/Andrade), California (Southwest border), Washington (all other), Washington (Northern Border), New York (other), Pennsylvania, Virginia, Texas (Presidio), St. Thomas, St. Croix, Florida-Key West, New Mexico (Columbus), Puerto Rico, and Vermont.

We are no longer accepting applications for any location not listed above. "

Comment

• I changed my preference from New Jersey to Vermont on June 30 in hopes of expediting the process but have yet to hear anything. I heard Bush signed something a law streamlining security clearances and background checks to make them interchangable among agencies does anyone have more info on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                      VBT itself takes about 15 to 20 min...

Damn, when I tested there were around 500 people at the Long Beach Convention Center, close to 100 passed if that... we got the results and TO the same day! But we were there for about 8 hrs though... It was a very long day for me since I had to drive a bit over 300 miles there to take the test, then the trip back home.... at least I was happy on the way back
                      But hey, here I am still waiting on them to clear my BI
                      Wow... I have to drive 6 hrs R/T to take a 15-20 min. VBT?... oh well.

What is the dress code for the VBT? Would there be any officers doing a one-on-one interview as well? I am kind of confussed..

BPA
                      test: 04/08
                      Results: Passed - 04/08
                      COE Received - 05/08
                      Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
                      Panel: 07/08: Passed
                      BI: ?..
                      CBPO
                      test: 03/08
                      Results: Passed - 04/08
                      COE Received: 06/08
                      Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
                      VBT: Passed 07/08
                      BI: ???
                      FBI
                      Phase I: 05/08
                      Results: Passed 05/08
                      Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
                      Language test (o): Passed 07/08
                      Panel: 10/08: ???
                      PFT: 11/08: ???
                      USSS
                      TEA test: 08/07
                      Panel: 02/08

Comment

• Originally posted by homer View Post
                        I changed my preference from New Jersey to Vermont on June 30 in hopes of expediting the process but have yet to hear anything. I heard Bush signed something a law streamlining security clearances and background checks to make them interchangable among agencies does anyone have more info on this?
                        How far are you from Philly? Philly has become a critical need area.

Comment

• I live near Long Beach Island its about an hour and change to PHL I dont know about the seaports probably about the same time. Philly was my original preference how do change it back? I dont want to move out of state unless I have to. I tested in Feb 07 with Philly as a preference then recertified in July 07 with Jersey as preferred then received an email June 08 and chose Vermont.
                          Last edited by homer; 07-22-2008, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by homer View Post
                            I live near Long Beach Island its about an hour and change to PHL I dont know about the seaports probably about the same time. Philly was my original preference how do change it back? I dont want to move out of state unless I have to. I tested in Feb 07 with Philly as a preference then recertified in July 07 with Jersey as preferred then received an email June 08 and chose Vermont.
                            Send an email to the hiring center: [email protected]

What was your score?

My advice would be to wait it out, the fact that you were bouncing around frequently probably prevented you from receiving a TO so far. That last round of TO's for NJ went all the way down to 80. I am not sure what the cutoff is for PA. Considering they are now a critical need they did not receive enough applicants.
                            Last edited by shawal16; 07-22-2008, 11:52 AM. Reason: Just a little typo...

Comment

• Does anyone who is currently a CBP officer or know someone who is, know if CBP Officers are required to or recommended to have Nextel phones? If they are is it at our expense or does DHS pay for them? I know that allot of Law Enforcement agencies in my area require their officers to have them.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                                Send an email to the hiring center: [email protected]

What was your score?

My advice would be to wait it out, the fact that you were bouncing around frequently probably prevented you from receiving a TO so far. That last round of TO's for NJ went all the way down to 80. I am not sure what the cutoff is for PA. Considering they are now a critical need they did not receive enough applicants.

Have you heard anything about the need for officers at CBP ports in PA other than Philadelphia (Harrisburg, Erie, Pittsburgh)?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7008 users online. 395 members and 6613 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X