300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
    I'm going to guess it's casual. I'm taking it tomorrow as well. Last time I tested (DHS) it was a retired school teacher administering the test. No one associated with the agency was present.
    I took the test twice and in 2 different states and both times there were agency people in the room dressed in civies.

Personally, I don't think casual dress will be a problem...as long as your definition of 'casual' is reasonable. Ratty, dirty, scanty or clothing/accessories with objectionable artwork/slogans will probably get one noticed...in a less than positive manner.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      This announcement ends today(07/21), unless you know something I and USAjobs do not.
      i stand corrected, my mistake, was a typo HuA...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
        Is there anything prior to going to FLETC that we should possibly read or just "freshen up" on to get ahead of the game a little bit, or just jump into the mix when we get to FLETC?

Also, I was told by someone who graduated a few months ago, he basically told me he had a blast in FLETC, anyone else feel the same way?
        The computer training you do prior to going to FLETC is a preview of the academy. I also thought the academy was a good time.
        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miami Eric View Post
          Can anyone who has stayed at FLETC recommend a safe, crime free, family friendly area of Brunswick for my wife and child to rent an apartment while I'm at training? From the research I've done, some areas of Brunswick appear to have high crime. I appreciate any input!
          Honestly man, if all possible just leave the family at home and maybe they can come visit you on a long weekend once or twice. The holiday inn is nie and they could stay there. I really dont think you want to have them staying in that ghetto around FLETC, but thats just my opinion

Comment

• So when they meet your references, how long does that take?

Comment

• To all that responded to my query, thanks for the advice.

Anyone else taking the test this Friday in New Orleans?
              CBPO
              TESTED: 07/25/08
              NOR: 08/04/08
              TO:
              PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS -
              MEDICAL -
              FITNESS -
              VBT -
              QUALS -
              DRUG TEST -
              BI -

Comment

• How long does the VBT take?....

BPA
                test: 04/08
                Results: Passed - 04/08
                COE Received - 05/08
                Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
                Panel: 07/08: Passed
                BI: ?..
                CBPO
                test: 03/08
                Results: Passed - 04/08
                COE Received: 06/08
                Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
                VBT: Passed 07/08
                BI: ???
                FBI
                Phase I: 05/08
                Results: Passed 05/08
                Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
                Language test (o): Passed 07/08
                Panel: 10/08: ???
                PFT: 11/08: ???
                USSS
                TEA test: 08/07
                Panel: 02/08

Comment

• Tested today, only 8 other people showed up. The tester said that was a good turnout. They said we could know in 3 days the results which sounded extremely fast.

Comment

• VBT itself takes about 15 to 20 min...

Damn, when I tested there were around 500 people at the Long Beach Convention Center, close to 100 passed if that... we got the results and TO the same day! But we were there for about 8 hrs though... It was a very long day for me since I had to drive a bit over 300 miles there to take the test, then the trip back home.... at least I was happy on the way back
                    But hey, here I am still waiting on them to clear my BI
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• 8 other testers was a good turnout? I think there were 8 people at the table which I was seated. Total in the room was about 200. That was a pretty good turnout. It reminded me of a freshman lecture hall at SDSU. And by the way allow me to vent : I hate, HATE taking tests. It took me over 4 hours to complete that damn thing and I was one of the first ten to finish. It was one of the strangest exams I've ever sat for.
                      ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        VBT itself takes about 15 to 20 min...

Damn, when I tested there were around 500 people at the Long Beach Convention Center, close to 100 passed if that... we got the results and TO the same day! But we were there for about 8 hrs though... It was a very long day for me since I had to drive a bit over 300 miles there to take the test, then the trip back home.... at least I was happy on the way back
                        But hey, here I am still waiting on them to clear my BI
                        Did you get them right at the testing center or via email? I expected a full room because they had been advertising really heavy during the last month. I was certainly surprised. Probably why my state is such a critical location I guess.

Comment

• Finished

Deleted....
                          Last edited by Saladine; 08-20-2008, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saladine View Post
                            Well I recieved the call today from scheduling. I thought it was kind of strange since today is a Monday but oh well. I was given five ports to pick from. Luckily the port I wanted was included. Report August 11; Academy September 10 to December 30.

Tested in November 2007 so it has been nine months.

Just wanted to share. Good luck to everyone else still in the process.

Saladine
                            Congrats! What area if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

• Originally posted by Saladine View Post
                              Well I recieved the call today from scheduling. I thought it was kind of strange since today is a Monday but oh well. I was given five ports to pick from. Luckily the port I wanted was included. Report August 11; Academy September 10 to December 30.

Tested in November 2007 so it has been nine months.

Just wanted to share. Good luck to everyone else still in the process.

Saladine
                              Congrats, I will see you there... I start the academy Sept 3. Does that mean my seniority is higher? lol
                              Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                              Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                              Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Hello ALL!
                                I finished all requirements met with BI and now in "security office" for 3 months. Today I got a call from Investigations Affairs and they told me there might be a problem with background because of a credit "charge off". This happened about a year ago and is now paid off in full. They told me it might be an issue and it was up to me to continue or withdrawal application and re-apply in a year or so. They want to know if I they should submit to MHC or withdrawal it for the time being..... I do not know what I should do?? Has this been a problem for some applicants here? WHAT HAPPEN IF MHC FINDS IT AN ISSUE??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17059 users online. 488 members and 16571 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X