300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    Artesia, with few exceptions, is largely populated and influenced by the BP. The BP have a history of taking care of their own. With that and the fact that BP is the 'golden child' of CBP, I'm not surprised that their facilities are superior. In fact, I'd be surprised if they weren't.

Glynco is far less influenced by CBP and is shared by far more federal agencies. The 'lowest bid' is much more of a factor there.
    I graduated out of the Charleston facility in 2000, before BP was moved to Artesia. They kinda forgot that history with the Chas. facility! LOL

Don't forget though, Artesia was primarily for their journeyman agents. After the basic BP moved there it was/is also the BIA academy, and FAM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
      Just checked CASS:

Pre-Employment Forms - Pending
      Qualifications - Pending
      Medical - Completed
      Structured Interview - Completed
      Drug Screening - Pending
      Background Investigation - Pending (In security office)
      Fitness - Pending (scheduled)

For the fitness, will this be fully checked off once you complete PFT2?

Looks like they checked off medical faster (they said 4 weeks) than I thought.
      My fitness was checked off once I passed the PFT1
      CBPO
      Test- 12/9/10
      NOR- 1/07/11
      T.O.- 4/1/11
      Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
      Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
      Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
      Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
      Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
      Pft2- ?
      Eod- ?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
        This is not a CI position, suit and tie are not needed and is overkill... If you're headed to a Border crossing you'll thank me!
        Not entirely true. I'm sorry but first impression are very important. And your FTO and Sups will remember you were the only "slob" that came in the first day. Most ports will get you sworn in the first day and you will probably here from your port director. Have a little pride in your appearance and suck it up and wear a suit even if you do a border tour. You will get a lot more respect for over dressing than being "underdressed". Also, YOUR PORT told you wear a suit and tie the first day so the answer is pretty obvious. ~just my opinion~

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
          Date is usually set in stone since you have to be at the POE a certain amount of time in order to complete pre-academy training... and you have to make the class date they give you when you get the call. If otherwise, you will have to go to a later class if available...
          If you are already a fed employee you can EOD and prob will EOD to your port just days within your class date. Pre-academy is just there to by time to try to fill classes and get a head start on vlc, but you can take those right away... My friends from bp went to their port for only 2 days, they were told they got the spot because people slots opened after peolple failed their pf2.
          Last edited by LIL_VET_WIFE; 08-18-2011, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcangelstar View Post
            My fitness was checked off once I passed the PFT1
            Hmm...I took the medical and fitness on the same day, I don't see why they didn't check them off at the same time?

Comment

• Originally posted by GUILE View Post
              For everyone that has been or is about to go to Pre-Academy at what point did you put in your notice to your job? After the PFT-2? Please correct me if I am wrong but technically isn't the PFT-2 suppose to be the last step of the process prior to our EOD? If so, just to be safe I'm thinking we should wait until we are sure we actually pass the PFT-2 before we give notice to current employers even if this might not be 2 full weeks, is this what most people do?
              Lastly, regarding hotel accommodations for Pre-Academy (for those of us not already residing at our POE) does anyone know if we will be able to qualify for federal discount at that time? Or would this only be the case if your POE lets you consider this travel time? Thanks in advance.
              Travel to you POE is on your dime. Travel time starts when you take off to the academy, and after to any other port other than your assigned duty port. You won't really be able to get any other LE discount either that I know of without any creds....

Comment

• Hmm...I took the medical and fitness on the same day, I don't see why they didn't check them off at the same time?

Your fitness is cut and dry, you either met the standards or you didn't . You're medical pakcet and ekg reading (all those questions you filled) are sent to Drs on the medical review board (different place than your pt results). There they make a determination based on all the information submitted.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                  Received another e-mail, after following up with the first one that said the 2nd BI forms were in the mail 2 weeks ago. This email told me to wait until they get around to it and that they have no idea when they will be able to send me the paperwork to get started, even though my BI expired in May. Awesome. I will keep seats warm in the abyss for anyone else who finds themselves here.
                  Hey I emailed them a few weeks ago too.. and this is whta they said..

"Your BI is reaching one year August 27th, so it should be within the next few weeks that you get a package."
                  I said i ddont understand my BI expired already in June etc which would be 2 years.

They Said : "I am looking at a date of August 27th 2010 that a reclear was done. In short anything we need to keep your file active will be sent according to our requirements set by Operations Personal Management"

So apparently they are going by my reclear date which i think was the credit check.. I dont understand why theyn dont send it...if im not expired then i shouldve got the call already..if i am expired why do i have to wait..
                  What ever io just got a new job.. so im goign to wait it out..
                  CBPO
                  GEO - NY/JFK
                  TO - 01/29/09
                  TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
                  Expired 6/10/11
                  Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• Off hand, I can't think of a good reason why somebody would get jammed up for reasonably requesting a government rate for their hotel stay pre-academy.

Keep in mind, the government rate is often not the cheapest rate available. You might end up saving far more $$$ using a site like hotwire.com or bookingbuddy.com.

Comment

• How many on this forum, on TSU waiting for SWB (San Diego)?
                      And how many on here have chosen SWB as their location?
                      Last edited by SDCBP; 08-18-2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        Off hand, I can't think of a good reason why somebody would get jammed up for reasonably requesting a government rate for their hotel stay pre-academy.

Keep in mind, the government rate is often not the cheapest rate available. You might end up saving far more $$$ using a site like hotwire.com or bookingbuddy.com.
                        This is very true. Sometimes, when having to book a hotel for military reasons, the hotel staff look at me like I'm retarded for booking at the government rate because it is more than the what the normal rate is; however, because I'm getting reimbursed, I have to pay that government rate. Merlin is right, look at what the hotel is charging vs. what the government rate is.

Comment

• Ok so here is a question for you guys. If I get an EOD date with BP, which I have, what happends to my CBP application. Do I have to cancel it? Just wondering because I have been in this process for 3 years with CBP. What do you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by LIL_VET_WIFE View Post
                            Not entirely true. I'm sorry but first impression are very important. And your FTO and Sups will remember you were the only "slob" that came in the first day. Most ports will get you sworn in the first day and you will probably here from your port director. Have a little pride in your appearance and suck it up and wear a suit even if you do a border tour. You will get a lot more respect for over dressing than being "underdressed". Also, YOUR PORT told you wear a suit and tie the first day so the answer is pretty obvious. ~just my opinion~
                            As I stated previously the OP had just taken his PFT-2, you final offer comes after the results are sent in to MHC... It takes some time for you to receive the call and the email with reporting information/instructions. I highly doubt that he actually called and spoke with the POE for this information.
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by LIL_VET_WIFE View Post
                              If you are already a fed employee you can EOD and prob will EOD to your port just days within your class date. Pre-academy is just there to by time to try to fill classes and get a head start on vlc, but you can take those right away... My friends from bp went to their port for only 2 days, they were told they got the spot because people slots opened after peolple failed their pf2.
                              Pre-Academy is not there to buy time, it is meant to introduce you to the job and certain regulations, and it is a mandatory requirement. There might be a few exceptions for some trainees getting in with just a few days before the academy, but this is not the norm... just because you were a BPA it doesn't clear you from having to complete these.
                              CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by stck_mkt View Post
                                Ok so here is a question for you guys. If I get an EOD date with BP, which I have, what happends to my CBP application. Do I have to cancel it? Just wondering because I have been in this process for 3 years with CBP. What do you think?
                                Your app will still be running while you're at the BPA academy, they don't cancel each other out...
                                CBPO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8451 users online. 202 members and 8249 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X