Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
    Only those going to the SWB and Miami.
    Hey Yoda correct me if I am wrong but If you pass the Spanish test that CBP provides for you than you do not have to attend the extra 8 wks?
    CBPO
    Test- 12/9/10
    NOR- 1/07/11
    T.O.- 4/1/11
    Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
    Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
    Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
    Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
    Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
    Pft2- ?
    Eod- ?

Comment

• Originally posted by gcangelstar View Post
      Hey Yoda correct me if I am wrong but If you pass the Spanish test that CBP provides for you than you do not have to attend the extra 8 wks?
      Indeed, but you would have to be a native speaker to pass it... and it's a 6 week spanish course.
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
        Haha have you been to 270 it's not the crack houses, it's like a hotel.
        Those are the crack houses... They aren't bad, just not as good as the Taj!... lol
        CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
          Those are the crack houses... They aren't bad, just not as good as the Taj!... lol
          Well I need to see this taj. Cause I think this location is better I don't need to take the bus anywhere my class and chow is less than five min walk. This is more convienent.

Comment

• Any last words of advice for someone that should be down there by the end of the month?

Anything that you wish you would have brought but you didnt?
            CBPO
            Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
            TO: 2/2011
            Medical: 3/22/2011
            PT Test: 3/22/2011
            VBT: 3/2011
            Background: 3/2011
            Drug Test: 4/2011
            Referred to TSU: 5/2011
            PT Test 2: TBD
            FLETC: Good Question lol
            CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
            Info Session 9/2009
            Interview 3/2010
            COE 5/2010
            Medical 5/2010
            Fit/Background 7/2010
            All clear as of 11/2010
            FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Each place has a trade off. The crackhouses are centrally located to your classrooms and the chow hall. Once you reach a certain point in training, your classes are so spread throughout the academy, you're eventually going to have to rely on the buses anyway. The Taj rooms are one bedroom suites fitted with a fridge, tv, desk, sofa, coffee table, and your own bathroom. The one glaring negative about the Taj is having to rely on the not always reliable bus schedule (especially on weekends) to get to the chow hall. But then again, once you're here long enough, missing a meal isn't always a bad thing.

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't students at the crackhouses sharing a bathroom with their neighbor?
              Last edited by Thoughtless; 08-16-2011, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
                Well I need to see this taj. Cause I think this location is better I don't need to take the bus anywhere my class and chow is less than five min walk. This is more convienent.
                Are you sure you want to see it??? From the sounds of things seeing it might put a damper on your current perspective........

JK, congrats on your arrival frisco, a guy from my office got on with CBP a couple of years ago and currently works at SFO. Good luck at the academy!

Comment

• Originally posted by gester View Post
                  When did you have the Structured Interview?
                  I took the structured interview on 8/9/2011, one week turn around.

Comment

• Does anyone know or is anyone familiar with N.O.-Xplode 2.0? I know it's fairly new, but the only reason why I ask is because I know the original N.O.-Xplode is good to go with urinalysis. The CG recently banned the use of JACK3D because you pop positive for methamphetamine or something like that. Is anyone aware of any "cautions" or know if N.O.-Xplode 2.0 has any ingredient that could cause you to fail a urinalysis? I only ask because I wanted to start using it again, but not if it's going to make me fail my drug test, lol.

Comment

• Hey Frisco any guys from east texas in your class, if so how long did they wait? Thanks, hope everything goes good at FLETC. Goodluck man. I hope CBP calls me before Border Patrol!!

CBP
                      Written: 7/31/2008
                      TO: 8/2008
                      TSU: Third time 7/27/2011

BPA
                      Written: 9/2010
                      TSU: 7/27/2010

Comment

• Anyone knows what happens if you miss your oral board? I been checking my status on the CASS and it say that my oral board has been schedule but I never got an email, a call or a letter. I got tired of waiting and call and email MHC last week they finally reply to my email Monday morning I they say that my appointment was for August 5th. I been trying to contact MHC but so far I been unsuccessful. Anyone knows if MHC usually reschedule the Oral Board VBI apointment in these cases?

Comment

• Originally posted by aaldo75me View Post
                          Anyone knows what happens if you miss your oral board? I been checking my status on the CASS and it say that my oral board has been schedule but I never got an email, a call or a letter. I got tired of waiting and call and email MHC last week they finally reply to my email Monday morning I they say that my appointment was for August 5th. I been trying to contact MHC but so far I been unsuccessful. Anyone knows if MHC usually reschedule the Oral Board VBI apointment in these cases?
                          If you keep trying you'll eventually get someone to help you... you might be able to reschedule it since you never received the first notice, you might also want to check the address on file with them.
                          CBPO

Comment

• My port has hired 2 people over the last 2 years... Sucks

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
                              Each place has a trade off. The crackhouses are centrally located to your classrooms and the chow hall. Once you reach a certain point in training, your classes are so spread throughout the academy, you're eventually going to have to rely on the buses anyway. The Taj rooms are one bedroom suites fitted with a fridge, tv, desk, sofa, coffee table, and your own bathroom. The one glaring negative about the Taj is having to rely on the not always reliable bus schedule (especially on weekends) to get to the chow hall. But then again, once you're here long enough, missing a meal isn't always a bad thing.

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't students at the crackhouses sharing a bathroom with their neighbor?
                              Frisco do you get all those items in your room, the crack house?
                              CBPO
                              Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                              TO: 2/2011
                              Medical: 3/22/2011
                              PT Test: 3/22/2011
                              VBT: 3/2011
                              Background: 3/2011
                              Drug Test: 4/2011
                              Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                              PT Test 2: TBD
                              FLETC: Good Question lol
                              CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                              Info Session 9/2009
                              Interview 3/2010
                              COE 5/2010
                              Medical 5/2010
                              Fit/Background 7/2010
                              All clear as of 11/2010
                              FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• The 'crackhouses' are also located nearer to the G-bar.
                                Wobble back to 187 once or twice and you'll learn to appreciate that fact.

Back in the distance past, The 'crackhouses' used to be those townhouses across the pond from the chow hall. I think they're mostly admin. offices now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 15380 users online. 520 members and 14860 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X