Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how bad of need there is for CBP officers in Arizona and Florida? If so, what cities specifically? I'm asking because I took a CBP exam last December with the Midwest in mind, but they keep sending me emails urging me to transfer my scores to the southwest or southeast. I'd prefer to be a CBP officer and not a BPA if possible, but I'm curious as to what cities need the most help in those two states. Please PM me if you like.

Comment

• Originally posted by nathanieljhnsn View Post
      Does anyone know how bad of need there is for CBP officers in Arizona and Florida? If so, what cities specifically? I'm asking because I took a CBP exam last December with the Midwest in mind, but they keep sending me emails urging me to transfer my scores to the southwest or southeast. I'd prefer to be a CBP officer and not a BPA if possible, but I'm curious as to what cities need the most help in those two states. Please PM me if you like.
      AZ needs folks on the land borders. The Southeast is not just Florida, but the largest number is probably Miami.
      Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• CBP has changed their definition of the southeast to consist the states of: Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Kentucky. Only Atlanta, Savannah, and New Orleans have hired recently from those mentioned states. I believe Florida and Puerto Rico are part of their own region and are not included in CBP's definition of the southeast. If getting into CBP as quick as possible is your number one priority and where you work does not matter, San Ysidro and Calexico California, Arizona, and southwest Texas land borders should be everyone's choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
          If getting into CBP as quick as possible is your number one priority and where you work does not matter, San Ysidro and Calexico California, Arizona, and southwest Texas land borders should be everyone's choice.
          Thank you! It is of great importance to me to get in, BUT my wife is a hair stylist/educator so it's in our best interest to go for Arizona because of licensing stuff and the fact that she has family out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by psygenix View Post
            It really depends on the Session coordinator/instructors. FLETC policy allows a person to have a mustache as long as it is well kept and within reasonable length.

All sessions are different. It comes down to what your instructors feel should best represent the class. If they want everyone clean shaven with no facial hair- then so be it.

Take it from a guy that's going to graduate on Tuesday. You get a lot of mixed messages at FLETC, but just stay true to the standards of your own class- not what you see happening in other sessions.
            sounds good. Another question for you how many people dropped out how many did you start with and how many graduated? you graduate tuesday wow its been that long i remember when you posted you got the call. you are going to Long Beach correct good luck in your career.

Exam: FEB 2007
            NEW TO:11/19/10
            GEO: San Diego, CA
            Qualifications: Completed GS-7
            Medical: used existing. recertified in DEC 2010
            PFT 1 Test:12/30/2010
            VBT: middle 2009. expires in middle 2012
            Drug Screening: 10/27/2010
            BI: completed meet investigator in Sep 2009 cleared in
            April 2010 recleared in april 2011.
            TSU: 7/20/11

BPA: test 2005
            EOD: 2/28/11

Comment

• Originally posted by *El Famoso 818* View Post
              sounds good. Another question for you how many people dropped out how many did you start with and how many graduated? you graduate tuesday wow its been that long i remember when you posted you got the call. you are going to Long Beach correct good luck in your career.
              We started with 24, and we are expected to graduate with 23. One was dropped due to being injured, and will return again once he heals up.

I'll be going to San Ysidro. It'll be interesting to put what i've learned these 4 months into action.

Comment

• take your time. according to our training dept at SYS, you guys have a 30+ week post academy. and, fletc is completely different from SYS. but, enjoy your post academy while you can. we've got guys over here doing back to back 16 hour shifts from being drafted. you'll miss the 1 hour lunches, weekends and holidays off.

Comment

• So they call me back 20 mins ago and go, "the funding for pheonix has been pulled. The only location we have left is nogales az." Here I go under my breath, SH..! =(

Ok I'll take it... What a bummer but at least it's closer to the afb in Tucson. Only a one hour drive up. Oh happy day.

CBPO
                  Written: 03/2010
                  TO: 12/2010 (Arizona)
                  Medical and PFT1: 02/2011
                  E-Quip: 03/2011
                  BI started: 04/2011
                  Finger Prints sent: 05/2011
                  VBT and SI: 07/21/2011
                  BI: Cleared 08/02/2011
                  Call: 08/09/2011
                  PFT2: 08/17/2011 Passed
                  EOD: 08/29/2011 Nogales AZ
                  Fletc: 9/13/2011 Class No. CBPOBT-120

Shufflin' Shufflin': As we speak

Comment

• Originally posted by krymsin View Post
                    So they call me back 20 mins ago and go, "the funding for pheonix has been pulled. The only location we have left is nogales az." Here I go under my breath, SH..! =(

Ok I'll take it... What a bummer but at least it's closer to the afb in Tucson. Only a one hour drive up. Oh happy day.

Ouch! At least they offered you a different port instead of leaving you hanging.
                    TO: 4/09/09
                    Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                    TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Yea I guess your right Khue.

CBPO
                      Written: 03/2010
                      TO: 12/2010 (Arizona)
                      Medical and PFT1: 02/2011
                      E-Quip: 03/2011
                      BI started: 04/2011
                      Finger Prints sent: 05/2011
                      VBT and SI: 07/21/2011
                      BI: Cleared 08/02/2011
                      Call: 08/09/2011
                      PFT2: 08/17/2011 Passed
                      EOD: 08/29/2011 Nogales AZ
                      Fletc: 9/13/2011 Class No. CBPOBT-120

Shufflin' Shufflin': As we speak

Comment

• Originally posted by DLA View Post
                        take your time. according to our training dept at SYS, you guys have a 30+ week post academy. and, fletc is completely different from SYS. but, enjoy your post academy while you can. we've got guys over here doing back to back 16 hour shifts from being drafted. you'll miss the 1 hour lunches, weekends and holidays off.
                        We have 40+ people currently at FLETC for SYS. Hopefully with all the new hires coming soon that'll help with the back to back doubles. But if you say is true about the 30+ week post academy- it'll be awhile before we are actually by ourselves on the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by psygenix View Post
                          We have 40+ people currently at FLETC for SYS. Hopefully with all the new hires coming soon that'll help with the back to back doubles. But if you say is true about the 30+ week post academy- it'll be awhile before we are actually by ourselves on the line.
                          sys is that San Ysidro there is that many people.

Comment

• I think the new class got stuck with the crack houses...
                            Frisco chime in if you got internet!... looked for you guys today but only saw a few coming in for room assignments this evening.
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• I'm in the 277. Got here late 2200 already and hungry.

Comment

• Whats considered the crack houses? I'm in 270 with the new BOP class right now and I have wifi over here
                                CBPO
                                TO - 05/08 JFK
                                EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13276 users online. 406 members and 12870 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X