300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SharksFan View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone in the know will read this, but I've been reading about a multi-agency task force headed by ICE called BEST (Border Enforcement Security Task Force). I've read that CBP contributes members to these task forces. Are these CBP Officers or BP Agents or both? Is it a competitive assignment to get? Could this be an opportunity for a CBP Officer to act in an investigative role? I'm interested primarily in how this works in SWB locations.
    It could be with members of the SRT
    CBPO
    Exam: 12/2010
    GEO: Texas West/N Mexico
    NOR: Jan 2011
    TO VRA: 3/2011 El Paso
    TO: 4/2011 El Paso
    Pre emp : Completed
    Qualifications: Completed
    PT Test: 4/2011 Completed
    Drug Screening: not required
    Medical: 4/2011 Completed
    BI met w/ investigator 7/14 Completed 8/16
    VBI: 08/12/2011 letter received 8/27 Passed
    Change GEO,- Southeast 6/08
    TSU 8/18/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Freefallin View Post
      I GOT THE CALL on Monday
      PFT2: 8/17
      EOD: 8/22
      FLETC: 9/7
      Congratulations
      That shows how strange the fed hiring process works.
      Even that I work for CBP had to go to the process as any applicant
      Also had to go throu two BI in less than 1 1/2 Yr

By the way just had the VBI & SI today, finally last step prior the call
      MHC HURRY UP!!!
      CBPO
      Exam: 12/2010
      GEO: Texas West/N Mexico
      NOR: Jan 2011
      TO VRA: 3/2011 El Paso
      TO: 4/2011 El Paso
      Pre emp : Completed
      Qualifications: Completed
      PT Test: 4/2011 Completed
      Drug Screening: not required
      Medical: 4/2011 Completed
      BI met w/ investigator 7/14 Completed 8/16
      VBI: 08/12/2011 letter received 8/27 Passed
      Change GEO,- Southeast 6/08
      TSU 8/18/2011

Comment

• Hey everyone!! First, CONGRATULATIONS to all the EOD'S!! Second, I wanted to update anyone who was interested in my current situation. I got the call, went to take my PFT2 test and blood pressure was slightly high due to being excited and nervous. They wouldn't let me take the test that day and told me that I needed a form filled out by a dr with three days worth of blood pressures taken. I then sent this in to the medical review board. My status as of Wednesday was cleared with medical and back in TSU. I spoke with someone at the hiring center and she said that they are checking to see if the position they offered me was still funded. If it is not, I will be back in the waiting pool. You can imagine what my thoughts are right now!! So now I'm waiting to see if I will be going to FLETC next month or next year, (BTW.. she says I would be first in line and it could be next month or next year for the call... that they cant tell me how long it will take once I'm back in line.).

So my advice to all of you waiting... Before you take your PFT2 test get a good night sleep, try to relax and try not to be too excited about the test. Stay very calm! My blood pressure an hour after the test was 99/69 which is where I average. The instructor told me its a very common thing and not to worry about it because I will be rescheduled to take my PFT2 in about 2 weeks. Of course after he tells me this I'm really thinking I'll be back in 2 weeks, but now I find out that it's not always true. I'm so mad at myself for getting worked up in the first place. BLAH!!
        Last edited by cajunchik; 08-12-2011, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Argh! No written test locations for Florida! DOH!.
          CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
          02/28/14-TSL Received
          03/18/14-PFT1/MED
          07/01/14-VBT/SI
          07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
          07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by Christophersonjl View Post
            Yes, really. Thanks. I have no idea what to expect in this whole process, which is why I'm on this forum. My VBT letter didn't give me much to go on, either.
            So you're saying that common sense tells you that 1 hr gives you enough time to fly in, get to the testing facility, do your VBT & SI, get back to the airpot and make your flight back!!!...
            If that is the case... good luck on your VBT!
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by *El Famoso 818* View Post
              for current cbpos or in the academy what are the grooming standards like in the academy and in the field i hear you can grow facial hair and long hair is this true.
              Negative Ghost Rider!... Clean shaven, hair off the neck and ears.
              CBPO

Comment

• Well I'm out. Got the letter today that I failed my VBT I took on 7/26. Surprised because I actually thought I did pretty well and have passed the Border Patrol oral board so I have a good idea of what their looking for on these things. Letter says I have to wait a year to reapply from the date of the VBT. Hopefully ill already be wearing green by then but you never know. Good luck in the process everyone. Stay optimistic!

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                  Negative Ghost Rider!... Clean shaven, hair off the neck and ears.
                  That is not entirely true. Neatly trimmed facial hair is allowed in the field. Hair has to be off the collar.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by williburns View Post
                    It could be with members of the SRT
                    Participation in a BEST team has nothing to do with SRT. They are totally separate and one has nothing to do with the other.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                      That is not entirely true. Neatly trimmed facial hair is allowed in the field. Hair has to be off the collar.

FB
                      In the field or at the academy? I believe the original poster was concerned with academy standards, are they the same?

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                        In the field or at the academy? I believe the original poster was concerned with academy standards, are they the same?
                        The op asked about both the academy and the field. The answer he was given was inaccurate. I posted the correct information regarding the field. You could have do the same thing that I did and went back and read the OP's question again instead of making the post you did. The standards for the field is neatly trimmed facial hair. Don't have to agree with it but it is the current standard.

FB

Comment

The op asked about both the academy and the field. The answer he was given was inaccurate. I posted the correct information regarding the field. You could have do the same thing that I did and went back and read the OP's question again instead of making the post you did. The standards for the field is neatly trimmed facial hair. Don't have to agree with it but it is the current standard.

FB
                          Whoa, no need to get all huffy puffy, that part at the end of my post implies that I'm seeking clarification and that's all.

Comment

FB
                            Indeed I did not specify that this was the standard for the academy, but in the field you are allowed neatly trimmed facial hair. We had 2 in my class that came in with mustaches and even though they were trimmed to military spec... they were told to shave it off.
                            CBPO

Comment

Indeed I did not specify that this was the standard for the academy, but in the field you are allowed neatly trimmed facial hair. We had 2 in my class that came in with mustaches and even though they were trimmed to military spec... they were told to shave it off.
                              It really depends on the Session coordinator/instructors. FLETC policy allows a person to have a mustache as long as it is well kept and within reasonable length.

All sessions are different. It comes down to what your instructors feel should best represent the class. If they want everyone clean shaven with no facial hair- then so be it.

Take it from a guy that's going to graduate on Tuesday. You get a lot of mixed messages at FLETC, but just stay true to the standards of your own class- not what you see happening in other sessions.

Comment

So you're saying that common sense tells you that 1 hr gives you enough time to fly in, get to the testing facility, do your VBT & SI, get back to the airpot and make your flight back!!!...
                                If that is the case... good luck on your VBT!
                                No, I'm not that stupid. I was asking how much time to allot myself for the test. I'm flying in the night before, but want to fly out the same day as the test. I did this with my initial exam and gave myself way too much time so I was sitting at the airport for 4 hours.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8406 users online. 266 members and 8140 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X