300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
    customs is no longer dead...i have an exam to take for them on 8/20/2011 so they are up and running again, if they were ever dead. another thing, she just stated to stop putting us down, yet you are adamant that there is a wait when 2010 test takers have been getting called so YOU or i do not know when who will be called. stop basing experience on your own personal experience when others have not been the same and people with a shorter time than you have been called before you because you picked a location where you are not needed....RSX5045.......i agree with you 100%
    There is NO U.S. Customs! Maybe you are thinking of USCIS, a completely different agency, with a completely different mission. This is only for is only CBP - Customs and Border Protection.

If you feel you have been put down thats your issue. I never said I knew how MHC works, as far as I am concerned they have no real plan what so ever and there could be a monkey there randomly throwing darts at names a board.

The only thing I can base my experience on IS my own personal experience and what other have shared about their own personal experiences. I just suggested that as before look at other peoples time lines that are for the same GEO as you. When you see people getting hired NOT CALLED FOR A MEDICAL thats when you know you are closer.

Obviously I know someone who selected SWB will get hired before JFK I never claimed that MY timeline applies to someone else in another port. Every port has their own requirements. And theres even people with later TO than me for the same port that have been hired before me due to another background investigation.

I hope you don't have to go through all the crap the rest of us did.

And if you believe you'll get hired soon why does you sig say EOD 22nd century?
    CBPO
    TO - 05/08 JFK
    EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Thanks Khue. Now i just have to figure out how and where imma live for 3 weeks before I leave for FLETC across the country. Ramen noodles here I come I suppose.

CBPO
      Written: 03/2010
      TO: 12/2010 (Arizona)
      Medical and PFT1: 02/2011
      E-Quip: 03/2011
      BI started: 04/2011
      Finger Prints sent: 05/2011
      VBT and SI: 07/21/2011
      BI: Cleared 08/02/2011
      Call: 08/09/2011
      PFT2: 08/17/2011 Passed
      EOD: 08/29/2011 Nogales AZ
      Fletc: 9/13/2011 Class No. CBPOBT-120

Shufflin' Shufflin': As we speak

Comment

• 2 more checks. VBT and Fitness.
        CBPO TSL 5/25/11 | MED 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | PFT1 7/18/11 | VBT 7/20/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11

BPA TSL 5/24/11 | MED/PFT1 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | OB 7/22/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11 | TSU 8/22/11 | EOD 9/12/11

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
          It's called pre-academy... usually 2 weeks at your POE then you're off to FLETC. They will pay for your travel to FLETC from there, but not to report for your EOD or your expenses for that time.

PFT2 is done when you get the call...
          Hi yoda

So if I understand you correctly you don't get paid for those 2 weeks pre-academy? Your pay starts on the first day of the academy correct?

Comment

Last edited by waitingny; 11-21-2011, 10:41 AM. Reason: deleted

Comment

• @krymsin congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by PMESA View Post
                Hi yoda

So if I understand you correctly you don't get paid for those 2 weeks pre-academy? Your pay starts on the first day of the academy correct?
                No you get paid for the pre-academy. Also your one year probation period starts during pre-academy. Everything starts on your report date.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdesa View Post
                  2 more checks. VBT and Fitness.
                  Im like you I need 2 more checkmarks. But I need results for my VBT and my BI.
                  CBPO
                  Test- 12/9/10
                  NOR- 1/07/11
                  T.O.- 4/1/11
                  Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
                  Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
                  Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
                  Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
                  Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
                  Pft2- ?
                  Eod- ?

Comment

• I'm not sure if anyone in the know will read this, but I've been reading about a multi-agency task force headed by ICE called BEST (Border Enforcement Security Task Force). I've read that CBP contributes members to these task forces. Are these CBP Officers or BP Agents or both? Is it a competitive assignment to get? Could this be an opportunity for a CBP Officer to act in an investigative role? I'm interested primarily in how this works in SWB locations.

Comment

• Originally posted by SharksFan View Post
                      I'm not sure if anyone in the know will read this, but I've been reading about a multi-agency task force headed by ICE called BEST (Border Enforcement Security Task Force). I've read that CBP contributes members to these task forces. Are these CBP Officers or BP Agents or both? Is it a competitive assignment to get? Could this be an opportunity for a CBP Officer to act in an investigative role? I'm interested primarily in how this works in SWB locations.
                      Yes, CBP does contribute members to this task force. Both Border Patrol agents and CBP Officers serve on this task force. How the assignment is opened is dependant upon the field office and is very competitive. In my current field office this assignment is currently only held by Supervisory CBP Officers. It does offer the CBP Officer a chance to learn and operate in an investigative role.

FB

Comment

• just got off the phone with cbpo tsu and they said that there is limited funded positions for SWB Iwas mainly talking about California port of entries . I asked her if its possible to know were my name is on the list, She said no because it was an automated system that once your name popped up and your GEO had an open vacancy they would call you. I further stated that i tested in 2007 and that i was probably the only one from that era still in the process and that ive been waiting for 5 years for the call the only think she said was well i hope we can give you a call in the near future. o yeah almost forgot she also said that people getting the call have TO from late 2008 once she said that i was well looks like im not going to get the call this year either i dont really know how they hire or thier process anymore im ready to just give up on this ****
                        heres is the number if you want to try your luck it took me about 30 tries to get through so i can speak with some one if it tells you to leave your name and social and that they will call you back hang up and try again (952)857-2917

Exam: FEB 2007
                        NEW TO:11/19/10
                        GEO: San Diego, CA
                        Qualifications: Completed GS-7
                        Medical: used existing. recertified in DEC 2010
                        PFT 1 Test:12/30/2010
                        VBT: middle 2009. expires in middle 2012
                        Drug Screening: 10/27/2010
                        BI: completed meet investigator in Sep 2009 cleared in
                        April 2010 recleared in april 2011.
                        TSU: 7/20/11
                        Last edited by *El Famoso 818*; 08-11-2011, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Just got the call! I leave to FLETC Sept 7th baby yeah!

Comment

• Originally posted by castroman59 View Post
                            Just got the call! I leave to FLETC Sept 7th baby yeah!
                            Congrats, Where is your port?

Comment

• Thanks! El Paso TX!

Comment

• Originally posted by castroman59 View Post
                                Just got the call! I leave to FLETC Sept 7th baby yeah!
                                what is your time line?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7269 users online. 399 members and 6870 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X