Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CBPO11 View Post
    Topp Gun, Khue

No worries, when you get on you will be at the airport for at least the first few months for OJT (On the Job Training). That is where Im going after FLETC after a few weeks in the office.

Hopefully you guys get on quick so I can get some senority.
    Good Luck guys
    Thanks for all the information. I kind of know what to expect...I am a former CBPO (Dulles) trying to get back on. You will be working with my wife at the airport. Keep us up to date on how things are going. Hopefully I will join you soon at training.

Comment

• Hey guys, for anyone in the beginning of the process including myself, spoke to a current CBP officer today who said that mass hiring will be going on as they try to fill all POE's which hopefully expedites the process......so good luck and speedy process to us all lol.

Comment

• The GS scale currently tops out at GS-15.
        Anybody in CBP who rates higher than a 15(most higher management) is paid on the SES scale.

Comment

• This is a free forum for folks to post info that they might know or even help each other out. I notice the tone in here has been getting out-of hand. This is a grown folk forum...

It does not matter if you know a family, friend, or jesus himself... You won't get hired any faster... The FEDS move whenever this feel like. And yes, The FEDS waste alot of money doing the same crap over and over again...

2007 Folks... Your call is coming 3-6 months from now...
          2008 Folks... Your call is coming 6-9 months from now...
          2009 Folks... Your call is coming in 2012 for all other POE except the SWB
          2010 Folks... Just keep on waiting...

This kind of job is a "Hurry up and WAIT" ordeal...
          CBPO GS-7
          Test: 07/25/08 86 w/veteran points
          NOR: 08/01/08
          Tentative Selection: 12/22/08
          1st EQIP: 09/12/10 Completed
          PFT/Medical: 09/22/10 Completed
          2nd EQIP: 02/09/11 Completed
          VBT/SI: 02/08/11 Completed
          Drug Test: 03/10/11 Completed
          BI: 05/10/11 Meet BI
          BI: 09/08/11 BI Completed
          TSU: 09/09/11
          The Call: 09/21/11
          PFT2: 09/30/11
          EOD: 10/03/11
          FLETC: 10/25/11

Comment

• I know the climate is very hot these days...
            The stock market crashing and people scared..
            The private sector jobs won't last either...
            So, our best option is to join the federal system...
            And get a steady pay check, to keep us employed...
            Without fairing the worst, like the rest of America...

And guess what? We're all going to wait our butts off...
            And wait some more until the FEDS are ready to call us...
            And yes... I'll be ready whenever they call...

So, for all those complaining, starting up a stir in this forum
            And think they won't wait just like the other hundreds
            That already pass FLETC...
            Needs to fall back, get a chill pill and Relax...
            CBPO GS-7

Comment

• To be quite honest, out of the numerous people who contribute to this thread daily and keep it productive, there has only really been two or three people who have actually complained. The "stir" that has recently appeared in this thread is mild compared to what you will endure at the academy and throughout your career. If you can't handle someone telling you to wait in line with the rest of the people who have been waiting three to four years, you need to grow some thicker skin or you're in for a rude awakening.

The state of the economy and high unemployment has forced people to search for a second career, and thus, there are going to be people here from all stages and walks of life. With that, understandably, brings an air of frustration which has unfortunately made its way into this thread. But a thread doesn't reach +1000 pages without huge contributions from its participants. There are a number of people who post daily from FLETC, including myself, to keep those waiting in the wings up to date on any possible hiring. And there are seasoned officers with years of experience who somehow find time out of their busy lives to provide insight and keep the rest of us grounded.

We're all on the same team and we all have the same goals. Good luck.

Comment

• No one on here knows how long the process will take so why do so many of the people who have been waiting to be hired consider themselves knowledge experts on the length of the process. I have no idea how long it could take to be hired and neither does Yoda or QnsNy. If your in the process keep it up but don't expect to be hired before the year ends and don't expect to wait 3 years. Don't expect any definitive information about a hire date until your called by MHC, if your in school stay in school, if your working don't start burning bridges at your current job, just continue to progress in your life and you just may find yourself in better position than being a CBPO when and if the call comes to you. Good luck to the excited new applicants and the bitter TSU veterans I hope things work out for all of you.
                Last edited by Nicknaylor; 08-10-2011, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Maybe you should go tell London80 on the Delphi forum that he's not really going to EOD on 8/16 since he tested in 12/2010. You obviously have everything figured out.

Comment

• Originally posted by nicknaylor View Post
                    maybe you should go tell london80 on the delphi forum that he's not really going to eod on 8/16 since he tested in 12/2010. You obviously have everything figured out.
                    Wow it goes to show anyone can get called at anytime!
                    Last edited by icecoco; 08-10-2011, 09:54 PM.
                    CBPO
                    Test: 12/10

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

"If at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again." — Aaliyah

Comment

• 2007 Folks... Your call is coming 3-6 months from now...
                      2008 Folks... Your call is coming 6-9 months from now...
                      2009 Folks... Your call is coming in 2012 for all other POE except the SWB
                      2010 Folks... Just keep on waiting...
                      By the way... This was a joke... So, Lighten UP and AT EASE YOURSELF!

Listen up here folks... All your* points are well taken...
                      I'm simply saying that this job is a waiting process... I don't have a problem with that.
                      I already have my back up plans... And sure would like to join the CBP team...
                      I've been a soldier 9 years now and been to Iraq twice...
                      I know what the hurry up and wait process means...
                      I am in US. ARMY...

The information that is posted on here are great pointers...
                      But, some folks are getting upset about what is being said...
                      We're all sharing what we hear, see and know...
                      Either from a friend, family, or rumor, it gets posted here...
                      If, you're told to wait, then just wait...
                      CBPO GS-7

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicknaylor View Post
                        Maybe you should go tell London80 on the Delphi forum that he's not really going to EOD on 8/16 since he tested in 12/2010. You obviously have everything figured out.
                        London80 applied with Border Patrol prior to CBPO. His steps transferred over, he is also going to a high priority port SWB Otay Mesa or Skid Row ( San Ysidro ). I hope more people get hired for SWB then I won't be forced to go to SWB. Instead I can volunteer when TDY becomes available to SWB. Like I said in my previous posts, I personally hope people get hired soon. I don't want anyone to pass up or give up on a great job because the wait was too long.

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
                          London80 applied with Border Patrol prior to CBPO. His steps transferred over, he is also going to a high priority port SWB Otay Mesa or Skid Row ( San Ysidro ). I hope more people get hired for SWB then I won't be forced to go to SWB. Instead I can volunteer when TDY becomes available to SWB. Like I said in my previous posts, I personally hope people get hired soon. I don't want anyone to pass up or give up on a great job because the wait was too long.
                          He picked Otay Mesa, he had his interview 7/15 and got called 7/29. So are you waiting on San Francisco?

Comment

• I'm heading to FLETC on monday, for five months. I will be back home a few days after christmas.

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
                              I'm heading to FLETC on monday, for five months. I will be back home a few days after christmas.
                              Congratulations. Do you know if they give you any days off for Christmas or Thanksgiving?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicknaylor View Post
                                Congratulations. Do you know if they give you any days off for Christmas or Thanksgiving?
                                I can only hope that the training staff will go home for the holidays. That will give me a three day weekend, and some relaxation time. To answer your question I don't know, but most likely we will have a three day weekend.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9878 users online. 473 members and 9405 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X