300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TopGunn View Post
    Someone just got the call for Blaine Washington on Delphi forum.... Khue, you next man!
    Thanks for the kind gesture, but my BI is in security office (I don't have to meet with investigator or turn in any forms)...Not sure when it will clear. It's the very last check. What location are you waiting for?
    TO: 4/09/09
    Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
    TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by SDfed619 View Post
      Am I really reading this correctly!? What US Customs are you talking about!?
      immigration services. which is still apart of customs. correct me if i am wrong.
      CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
      Test: 12/2010
      NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
      TO: 6/7/2011
      PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
      Equip: 6/13/2011
      FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
      VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
      BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
      Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
      Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
      Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
      got the call: 9/20/2011
      PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
      NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
      New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
        Thanks for the kind gesture, but my BI is in security office (I don't have to meet with investigator or turn in any forms)...Not sure when it will clear. It's the very last check. What location are you waiting for?

Washington all others

Comment

Washington all others
          You hoping for SeaTac?

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
            You hoping for SeaTac?
            true

Comment

• Originally posted by ten30code01 View Post
              So what kind of position is SV L and M??
              The kind of position that usually includes the word "Director" in your job title.

Comment

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
                immigration services. which is still apart of customs. correct me if i am wrong.
                When there was a US Customs Service, Immigration was NOT part of it. Immigration was, not surprisingly, was part of the Immigration and Naturalization Service. When the mergers happened back in 2003, both the US Customs Service and the Immigration and Naturalization Service ceased to exist. Three new agencies were formed using components from the former US Customs Service and Immigration and Naturalization Service. They are US Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS).

If you want a job with any of these agencies, it might be wise to do a bit of research and actually know the history of the agencies to better understand what they actually do. That being said, in general be prepared for a long wait to be hired. However, there are some people being given EOD dates that did test in 2010. The reasons for this are varied and in most cases known to MCH only.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                  The kind of position that usually includes the word "Director" in your job title.
                  O that's strange because where I work the director is a GS 15 and he only reports to two people and that is the vice president and the president. So how is a SV L and M so much higher then a GS 15??

Comment

O that's strange because where I work the director is a GS 15 and he only reports to two people and that is the vice president and the president. So how is a SV L and M so much higher then a GS 15??
                    Well you can't really say that they are perfect equivalents, there are plenty of guides out there that will give you a loose translation from the GS payscale to the SV system. Using those guides provided by DHS, they say that a GS-15 is equivalent to a K-band employee. Maybe an L and M band employee is really the same as a seasoned GS-15, I don't know, the systems don't translate perfectly. Anyway, the argument is kind of moot to be honest. I was merely illustrating that what his GS-15 contacts say may not be absolute, there are obviously many opinions on the subject matter from all levels of employees, from GS-5 to GS-15 and SV-D to SV-L.

Comment

Last edited by ten30code01; 09-08-2011, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Just thought I would put you in your place while making you look like a idiot. Only because you tried to make someone else look like an idiot when you don't know what you are talking about..
                        Yeah, good one Farva, you really got me there.......

Comment

• Originally posted by SDfed619 View Post
                          That's probably the case at the majority of ports!
                          Absolutely, i guess all the manpower and money is going to SWB and they are having a tough time holding onto them

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                            Yeah, good one Farva, you really got me there.......
                            his name is radio

Comment

• Topp Gun, Khue

No worries, when you get on you will be at the airport for at least the first few months for OJT (On the Job Training). That is where Im going after FLETC after a few weeks in the office.

Hopefully you guys get on quick so I can get some senority.
                              Good Luck guys

Comment

true
                                I don't know if I can handle processing long flight passengers in an indoor environment everyday. I will go nuts not knowing if it's daylight outside. I hope you get it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8886 users online. 296 members and 8590 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X