Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBPO11....... has the training department mentioned anything about expecting more new hires this year for Sea-Tac?

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGunn View Post
      CBPO11....... has the training department mentioned anything about expecting more new hires this year for Sea-Tac?
      Nothing that I or anyone in the training branch has heard. I am the second Pre-Fletc that they have hired in over two years. Im currently in the training department with a few transfers. Everyone is hoping for more hires soon, they are streched as far as man power.

Comment

• I've been following this thread for a year or so in hopes of landing a job with CBP and have found a mountain of knowledge from all you in the pipeline. I'm glad that something like this is up because I had so many questions that were answered 20 times without me even registering into the thread. I hope we all make it honestly.

CBPO
        Written: 03/2010
        TO: 12/2010 (Arizona)
        Medical and PFT1: 02/2011
        E-Quip: 03/2011
        BI started: 04/2011
        Finger Prints sent: 05/2011
        VBT and SI: 07/21/2011
        BI: Cleared 08/02/2011
        Call: 08/09/2011
        PFT2: 08/17/2011 Passed
        EOD: 08/29/2011 Nogales AZ
        Fletc: 9/13/2011 Class No. CBPOBT-120

Shufflin' Shufflin': As we speak

Comment

• I'm still having trouble with this site so bare with me if I make mistakes.
          Last edited by krymsin; 08-10-2011, 02:51 PM. Reason: want signature to appear.

CBPO
          Written: 03/2010
          TO: 12/2010 (Arizona)
          Medical and PFT1: 02/2011
          E-Quip: 03/2011
          BI started: 04/2011
          Finger Prints sent: 05/2011
          VBT and SI: 07/21/2011
          BI: Cleared 08/02/2011
          Call: 08/09/2011
          PFT2: 08/17/2011 Passed
          EOD: 08/29/2011 Nogales AZ
          Fletc: 9/13/2011 Class No. CBPOBT-120

Shufflin' Shufflin': As we speak

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO11 View Post
            Nothing that I or anyone in the training branch has heard. I am the second Pre-Fletc that they have hired in over two years. Im currently in the training department with a few transfers. Everyone is hoping for more hires soon, they are streched as far as man power.
            That's probably the case at the majority of ports!

Comment

• Originally posted by rsx5045 View Post
              I posted my timeline on purpose to see what most of you guys who like to belittle people on this website would say not because i truly care just wanted to show how most of you guys love to bring others down. Its hilarious how some of you on these threads feel like you are MHC and really have no idea about the hiring process just because these situations occured to alot of you because of your delayed background and also because there was a hiring freeze so many of you got stuck with these long waits. I have to 2 family members both who are gs 15 and the other a gs 14 and know way more about this process than most of you who have been waiting for years. Not saying many people wont be waiting a while before getting a "call" but dont try and bring these people down everytime they are excited about their current positions its almost like if you guys get a kick out of it. You guys honestly believe U.S Customs would purposely lose money on background investigations( which cost about 5,000 per person), medicals, physicals, and paper work knowing these people would have to retake all of these steps every time they expire and keep wasting money ? No it occured around 07,08,09,10 due to the hiring freeze which is why many are receiving their TO'S now. For instance in Miami a new terminal is opening and they are extremely low on officers and they do have people in the pipeline but only sent out TOs to people who scored 90 or better on the 2010 test. BTW 2 of my friends just got picked up for arizona fletc class in september and they were 2010 testers so my advice to many of us is stop guessing
              and just wait . Im not denying all of the claims on here but stop breaking peoples dreams when you truly have no idea how US Customs really works its really annoying
              glad someone else understands what i tried to say a couple of pages ago about vets on a "discussion forum" telling us how MHC works. i back you up 100%
              CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
              Test: 12/2010
              NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
              TO: 6/7/2011
              PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
              Equip: 6/13/2011
              FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
              VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
              BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
              Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
              Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
              Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
              got the call: 9/20/2011
              PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
              NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
              New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                First of all its CBP. US Customs has not existed in what, 9 years? Anyone who is at a high GS level has not been in any process for some time and unless they also work for MHC the people going through the process and sharing information with each other know more than them.

No one gets a kick out of telling you the truth of what they have been going through and how long it takes. I hope you get picked up ASAP and sure anything is possible. All anyone is trying to say is if you have a backup plan like some other agency asking you to start work, you should take them up. Or maybe you want to go back to college for a semester or two. Odds are you will have time for that. Im just telling you to use the info that is out there and act accordingly. If next week things change and there is mass hiring (forget about getting a TO or doing a background Im talking EOD only) for anyone off the 2010 then things have changed and people will be talking about it on here.

I have 3 family members that currently work for CBP at JFK and they span the GS scale, no one at the port knew that there were multiple people in the academy for JKF as we speak.

Why do they keep doing more tests and wasting money? Im not sure, but they have wasted almost a full year of GS5 salary on me and many others. Most likely they try and keep as many people on the clear as possible, and if hiring slows down then well you have all these people sitting around with expired steps. The end of 2010 they stopped updating peoples steps, then all of a sudden they started to process people again and have more tests.

There are many, many people who are still around from the hiring freeze days for non SWB locations. You are after them, once you see many many '09 testers getting hired for your location you'll be next, sometime

There is a wait, get over it. No reason to get huffy. Live you life.
                customs is no longer dead...i have an exam to take for them on 8/20/2011 so they are up and running again, if they were ever dead. another thing, she just stated to stop putting us down, yet you are adamant that there is a wait when 2010 test takers have been getting called so YOU or i do not know when who will be called. stop basing experience on your own personal experience when others have not been the same and people with a shorter time than you have been called before you because you picked a location where you are not needed....RSX5045.......i agree with you 100%
                CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
                Test: 12/2010
                NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
                TO: 6/7/2011
                PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
                Equip: 6/13/2011
                FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
                VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
                BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
                Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
                Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
                Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
                got the call: 9/20/2011
                PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
                NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
                New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

• I met with my BI for the first time this morning. My Eqip had a couple discrepancies that I had to explain. Since this is my 2nd BI for CBP for this position, I should have written that yes I have been investigated before by a federal agency.

I also somehow clicked "no" to having any debts go to collections, when that's clearly not true as shown by my credit report. Simple ~$100 mixup between my rental car company, insurance, and what I paid. It was taken care of pretty immediately once I became aware of it in collections.

Every little mistake or question I was asked to elaborate on made me feel like it was the end of the world. I went through this 2 years ago and felt the same way but passed easily due to my lack of history (very very simple life so far)

Comment

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
                    customs is no longer dead...i have an exam to take for them on 8/20/2011 so they are up and running again, if they were ever dead. another thing, she just stated to stop putting us down, yet you are adamant that there is a wait when 2010 test takers have been getting called so YOU or i do not know when who will be called. stop basing experience on your own personal experience when others have not been the same and people with a shorter time than you have been called before you because you picked a location where you are not needed....RSX5045.......i agree with you 100%
                    Am I really reading this correctly!? What US Customs are you talking about!?

Comment

• Originally posted by krymsin View Post
                      I've been following this thread for a year or so in hopes of landing a job with CBP and have found a mountain of knowledge from all you in the pipeline. I'm glad that something like this is up because I had so many questions that were answered 20 times without me even registering into the thread. I hope we all make it honestly.
                      Congratulations on the call!
                      TO: 4/09/09
                      Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                      TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• I'm scheduled to take my VBT 8-23. I have to fly to Tucson to take it. I'm planning my trip and would like to fly out the same day, but don't really know what time to book my flight. Can anyone tell me what to expect as far at time? I realize everyone's will be slightly different. On average, should I plan for 1 hour, 4 hours? I know everyone signs a disclosure. I'm not looking for info about the actual test, just looking for what time I should expect to be there so I can plan for my flight back home. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                          No offense but you lost a lot of credibility when you went off about government agencies not purposely wasting money. I'm guessing you're not a current fed. If an agency doesn't spend every last cent of their hiring budget, they pretty much lose their ability to justify getting as much, or more money for the next fiscal year. As part of my job I regularly work with folks well above even GS 14 & 15 SV band equivalents and as much as it pains me to admit it, unfortunately guys like Yoda seem to have a fairly accurate idea of how much waiting we have in store. This is the federal government, if you haven't learned to accept the phrase "hurry up and wait", you will.

Good luck and try not to take what he's saying so personally, I think he's just tring to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect.
                          Hey 180degrees
                          How high does the GS scale go??

Comment

• Someone just got the call for Blaine Washington on Delphi forum.... Khue, you next man!

Comment

• Originally posted by ten30code01 View Post
                              Hey 180degrees
                              How high does the GS scale go??
                              The GS payscale tops out at GS-15 which is equivalent to K-band on the SV pay scale. Therefore L and M bands on the SV system don't really have GS equivalents.
                              Last edited by 180Degrees; 08-10-2011, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                                The GS payscale tops out at GS-15 which is equivalent to K-band on the SV pay scale. Therefore L and M bands on the SV system don't really have GS equivalents.
                                So what kind of position is SV L and M??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6247 users online. 233 members and 6014 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X