300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waitingny,

For the pft 1 they are more flexible, in my experience it was more of your back.

During the pft 2, hands behind head and yes shoulders do hit the matt each time or most of the time. More strict.
    CBPO
    Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
    TO: 2/2011
    Medical: 3/22/2011
    PT Test: 3/22/2011
    VBT: 3/2011
    Background: 3/2011
    Drug Test: 4/2011
    Referred to TSU: 5/2011
    PT Test 2: TBD
    FLETC: Good Question lol
    CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
    Info Session 9/2009
    Interview 3/2010
    COE 5/2010
    Medical 5/2010
    Fit/Background 7/2010
    All clear as of 11/2010
    FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by grullj View Post
      Got the call! Been waiting since 03/2008, for Miami. Heading to FLETC on September 7.
      Congrats Grullj! Is 03/2008 your TO date or test date? I tested in 7/2008, TO 1/2009, and hit TSU in 4/2009 for Miami. I just wanted to see were I stand. Thanks

Comment

• Hey guys, I wanted to see what you guys think of the following. I turned in my 2nd e-Qip, forms, and finger print cards on 5/2011. CASS shows pre-employment forms complete and BI in the security office. No investigator has called to do an interview. Is this normal? MHC says they don't know when they might call and that I cannot get a call for EOD until I am recleared.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by rsx5045 View Post
          I posted my timeline on purpose to see what most of you guys who like to belittle people on this website would say ?
          BTW 2 of my friends just got picked up for arizona fletc class in september and they were 2010 testers so my advice to many of us is stop guessing
          and just wait . Im not denying all of the claims on here but stop breaking peoples dreams when you truly have no idea how US Customs really works its really annoying

So according to your signature time line you met with your BI 8/2011 and it's already cleared? That seems unlikey unless it was carried over from somethere? You are right no one REALLY knows how long it will take but nothing wrong with letting people know the reality of the process.
          CBPO
          Test: July 2008
          TO: 12/26/08
          VBT 1/21/09-passed
          Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
          Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
          Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
          BI - Cleared
          TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
          BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
          Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Vader View Post
            Hey guys, I wanted to see what you guys think of the following. I turned in my 2nd e-Qip, forms, and finger print cards on 5/2011. CASS shows pre-employment forms complete and BI in the security office. No investigator has called to do an interview. Is this normal? MHC says they don't know when they might call and that I cannot get a call for EOD until I am recleared.

Thanks in advance.
            It took about 2 months from the time I turned in my 2nd equip to when I heard from my investigator. another 2 1/2 for that to clear.
            CBPO
            Test: July 2008
            TO: 12/26/08
            VBT 1/21/09-passed
            Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
            Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
            Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
            BI - Cleared
            TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
            BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
            Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
              Yeah, you keep telling yourself that... it won't make it true though!
              For someone to get through in 6 months right now, chances are slim to none, to say the least... That was back in 07'-08' and some of 09'. The quickest POE's or "regions" to pick up new people is the SWB and anyone that picked it will be waiting at least 1-2 years. The BI alone will take 6 months to a year to clear, and then you end up in the TSU line. The one factor that will speed up being picked up is the PFT2 which a lot of people are failing when they get the call... but a 6 month waiting period of hiring is but a dream!
              If you paid attention he said that he had already met with his background investigator, and I said that it may happen 6 months after that. If I get the call in less than a year like I did before. You'll be the first that I notify. Good Luck in the FLETC!!!!

Comment

• Thanks Darth Vader, I tested 03/03 and received my TO 05/08. First BI took long so I didn't hit TSU until 4/09, and I just recently cleared my second full BI.

Comment

• Sorry I meant to say I tested 03/08

Comment

• Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
                    waitingny,

For the pft 1 they are more flexible, in my experience it was more of your back.

During the pft 2, hands behind head and yes shoulders do hit the matt each time or most of the time. More strict.
                    Are they going to place the 4inch foam block for the push ups on pft2?
                    TSU - 8/28/09
                    TO - 3/2009
                    On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                      Yes, either that or the fist. And once you hit 17 push ups your done. you do not have to go for the full minute

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                        When you get the call, I will find a 4 inch foam block with Justin Bieber's face on it. This will motivate you to complete the 17 push ups under 5 seconds... Seriously, that guy is everywhere.
                        TO: 4/09/09
                        Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                        TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by rsx5045 View Post
                          I posted my timeline on purpose to see what most of you guys who like to belittle people on this website would say not because i truly care just wanted to show how most of you guys love to bring others down. Its hilarious how some of you on these threads feel like you are MHC and really have no idea about the hiring process just because these situations occured to alot of you because of your delayed background and also because there was a hiring freeze so many of you got stuck with these long waits. I have to 2 family members both who are gs 15 and the other a gs 14 and know way more about this process than most of you who have been waiting for years. Not saying many people wont be waiting a while before getting a "call" but dont try and bring these people down everytime they are excited about their current positions its almost like if you guys get a kick out of it. You guys honestly believe U.S Customs would purposely lose money on background investigations( which cost about 5,000 per person), medicals, physicals, and paper work knowing these people would have to retake all of these steps every time they expire and keep wasting money ? No it occured around 07,08,09,10 due to the hiring freeze which is why many are receiving their TO'S now. For instance in Miami a new terminal is opening and they are extremely low on officers and they do have people in the pipeline but only sent out TOs to people who scored 90 or better on the 2010 test. BTW 2 of my friends just got picked up for arizona fletc class in september and they were 2010 testers so my advice to many of us is stop guessing
                          and just wait . Im not denying all of the claims on here but stop breaking peoples dreams when you truly have no idea how US Customs really works its really annoying
                          I feel what you saying. There was definitely a hiring freeze during those years, and no renewed budget for CBP for those years also. People have to also remember that we on these forums are not the only ones in the hiring process. Many people have dropped out of the hiring process since the hiring freeze. Lets be real about this, many people will not wait 1,2,3, or 4 years for a job! they will move on with their lives on to something else. But your wait highly depends on what Geo Pref. you were selected for. Obviously the SWB and some southeast states is your best bet on getting on quick.
                          Exam: 12/10
                          NOR: 1/25/10
                          Qualifications: (GS-7)
                          T.O: 5/25/11 (Georgia)
                          PFT1: 6/11 (Cleared)
                          B.I.: 6/11 (Started)
                          Medical: 7/11 (Cleared)
                          VBT & S.I.: 7/11(Cleared)
                          Drug Test: 8/11 (Cleared)
                          B.I.: 9/11 (Cleared)
                          PFT2: (rescheduled due to high BP)

Comment

• Originally posted by grullj View Post
                            Thanks Darth Vader, I tested 03/03 and received my TO 05/08. First BI took long so I didn't hit TSU until 4/09, and I just recently cleared my second full BI.
                            How long did it take your 2nd bi to clear?
                            CBPO
                            Geo Pref:Georgia
                            NOR:3/07
                            T.O:10/08
                            1st TSU:6/09
                            2nd Fitness test:11/09
                            Credit pulled:4/10
                            2nd TSU:5/10
                            2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
                            2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
                            2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
                            All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO11 View Post
                              Yes, either that or the fist. And once you hit 17 push ups your done. you do not have to go for the full minute
                              ok, thanks!
                              TSU - 8/28/09
                              TO - 3/2009
                              On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by khue View Post
                                when you get the call, i will find a 4 inch foam block with justin bieber's face on it. This will motivate you to complete the 17 push ups under 5 seconds... Seriously, that guy is everywhere.
                                lol
                                TSU - 8/28/09
                                TO - 3/2009
                                On the job

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7559 users online. 359 members and 7200 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X