Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks. Yes, its been a long time for many of us. But it's so worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
      The most recent Atlanta hires have been waiting since early to mid 2008. The next two scheduled classes have been slated to start on August 16 and August 30. Any classes scheduled beyond those dates are anyone's guess. I believe the most recent class only has 18 people (yoda can confirm that number) but I have heard that CBP is trying to push through a full class of 48 very soon.
      Thanks thoughtless. I'm a little anxious. I've been running with the goal of blowing past the graduation standards, so whenever the pft2 comes it will be like nothing.
      CBPO
      Geo Pref:Georgia
      NOR:3/07
      T.O:10/08
      1st TSU:6/09
      2nd Fitness test:11/09
      Credit pulled:4/10
      2nd TSU:5/10
      2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
      2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
      2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
      All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• Originally posted by grullj View Post
        Got the call! Been waiting since 03/2008, for Miami. Heading to FLETC on September 7.
        Congrats for real. It says alot about the people who have stuck through this process for years. It's like we are a band of brothers and sisters that have never met. Lol
        CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
          No GA people in my class, and I'll see the composition of the new class next week... or Frisco might be able to fill you guys in better than me since it'll be his class.
          Thanks Yoda. Glad to you are settling in good.
          CBPO

Comment

• I posted my timeline on purpose to see what most of you guys who like to belittle people on this website would say not because i truly care just wanted to show how most of you guys love to bring others down. Its hilarious how some of you on these threads feel like you are MHC and really have no idea about the hiring process just because these situations occured to alot of you because of your delayed background and also because there was a hiring freeze so many of you got stuck with these long waits. I have to 2 family members both who are gs 15 and the other a gs 14 and know way more about this process than most of you who have been waiting for years. Not saying many people wont be waiting a while before getting a "call" but dont try and bring these people down everytime they are excited about their current positions its almost like if you guys get a kick out of it. You guys honestly believe U.S Customs would purposely lose money on background investigations( which cost about 5,000 per person), medicals, physicals, and paper work knowing these people would have to retake all of these steps every time they expire and keep wasting money ? No it occured around 07,08,09,10 due to the hiring freeze which is why many are receiving their TO'S now. For instance in Miami a new terminal is opening and they are extremely low on officers and they do have people in the pipeline but only sent out TOs to people who scored 90 or better on the 2010 test. BTW 2 of my friends just got picked up for arizona fletc class in september and they were 2010 testers so my advice to many of us is stop guessing
            and just wait . Im not denying all of the claims on here but stop breaking peoples dreams when you truly have no idea how US Customs really works its really annoying
            Last edited by rsx5045; 08-09-2011, 11:19 PM.
            Test - 12/2010
            NOR- 2/2011-score 97
            TO- 6/2011
            Medical- 7/2011-Complete
            Physical- 7/2011-Complete
            Met with BI- 8/2011-Complete
            VBT/SI- 8/11/2011
            Drug Test ?

Comment

• Listen up... I have two friends who are currently employees for CBP at Miami and JFK. Both of them are soldiers. I get a few guidance from them every now and then. The one that works at the Miami Aiport recommends that I do not contact Internal Affairs nor the BI for my status update. He claims that I'll get my call in due time.

It's one heck of a process and I give credit to all who have waited for their names to be called. I don't check cass system or mail box anymore... All I do is stay in shape and whenever they choose to call me, I'll be ready to serve... That's it...
              Yoda and Frisco statements are all on point...

To all... is just like the ARMY "Hurry up and WAIT!"
              Last edited by QnsNY; 08-09-2011, 11:26 PM.
              CBPO GS-7
              Test: 07/25/08 86 w/veteran points
              NOR: 08/01/08
              Tentative Selection: 12/22/08
              1st EQIP: 09/12/10 Completed
              PFT/Medical: 09/22/10 Completed
              2nd EQIP: 02/09/11 Completed
              VBT/SI: 02/08/11 Completed
              Drug Test: 03/10/11 Completed
              BI: 05/10/11 Meet BI
              BI: 09/08/11 BI Completed
              TSU: 09/09/11
              The Call: 09/21/11
              PFT2: 09/30/11
              EOD: 10/03/11
              FLETC: 10/25/11

Comment

• Hey @rsx5045 is it possible i can pm you, i have some questions

Comment

• Originally posted by grullj View Post
                  Got the call! Been waiting since 03/2008, for Miami. Heading to FLETC on September 7.
                  Congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by rsx5045 View Post
                    I posted my timeline on purpose to see what most of you guys who like to belittle people on this website would say not because i truly care just wanted to show how most of you guys love to bring others down. Its hilarious how some of you on these threads feel like you are MHC and really have no idea about the hiring process just because these situations occured to alot of you because of your delayed background and also because there was a hiring freeze so many of you got stuck with these long waits. I have to 2 family members both who are gs 15 and the other a gs 14 and know way more about this process than most of you who have been waiting for years. Not saying many people wont be waiting a while before getting a "call" but dont try and bring these people down everytime they are excited about their current positions its almost like if you guys get a kick out of it. You guys honestly believe U.S Customs would purposely lose money on background investigations( which cost about 5,000 per person), medicals, physicals, and paper work knowing these people would have to retake all of these steps every time they expire and keep wasting money ? No it occured around 07,08,09,10 due to the hiring freeze which is why many are receiving their TO'S now. For instance in Miami a new terminal is opening and they are extremely low on officers and they do have people in the pipeline but only sent out TOs to people who scored 90 or better on the 2010 test. BTW 2 of my friends just got picked up for arizona fletc class in september and they were 2010 testers so my advice to many of us is stop guessing
                    and just wait . Im not denying all of the claims on here but stop breaking peoples dreams when you truly have no idea how US Customs really works its really annoying
                    No offense but you lost a lot of credibility when you went off about government agencies not purposely wasting money. I'm guessing you're not a current fed. If an agency doesn't spend every last cent of their hiring budget, they pretty much lose their ability to justify getting as much, or more money for the next fiscal year. As part of my job I regularly work with folks well above even GS 14 & 15 SV band equivalents and as much as it pains me to admit it, unfortunately guys like Yoda seem to have a fairly accurate idea of how much waiting we have in store. This is the federal government, if you haven't learned to accept the phrase "hurry up and wait", you will.

Good luck and try not to take what he's saying so personally, I think he's just tring to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect.

Comment

• Thanks alot. Good luck in FLETC!

Comment

I posted my timeline on purpose to see what most of you guys who like to belittle people on this website would say not because i truly care just wanted to show how most of you guys love to bring others down. Its hilarious how some of you on these threads feel like you are MHC and really have no idea about the hiring process just because these situations occured to alot of you because of your delayed background and also because there was a hiring freeze so many of you got stuck with these long waits. I have to 2 family members both who are gs 15 and the other a gs 14 and know way more about this process than most of you who have been waiting for years. Not saying many people wont be waiting a while before getting a "call" but dont try and bring these people down everytime they are excited about their current positions its almost like if you guys get a kick out of it. You guys honestly believe U.S Customs would purposely lose money on background investigations( which cost about 5,000 per person), medicals, physicals, and paper work knowing these people would have to retake all of these steps every time they expire and keep wasting money ? No it occured around 07,08,09,10 due to the hiring freeze which is why many are receiving their TO'S now. For instance in Miami a new terminal is opening and they are extremely low on officers and they do have people in the pipeline but only sent out TOs to people who scored 90 or better on the 2010 test. BTW 2 of my friends just got picked up for arizona fletc class in september and they were 2010 testers so my advice to many of us is stop guessing
                        I can say, if anyone applies for southwest region their application will be expedited. Other POE's wont be as fast, some people apply for multiple agencies and their steps will transfer over. We are not trying to crush any applicants dreams, we are just giving an average timeline for other POE's beside the land border. The decision to hire an applicant comes from the east coast, Minn. or D.C. unless a Chief works back east most of them wouldn't know about hiring an Officer, until an applicant received a job offer for their port.

My port was notified about a new hired officer three days before I showed up. I hope that the applicants in the process don't have to wait for two years to get hired. Having friends or relatives in CBP won't help anyone get hired faster, its all about funding. If CBP has a ton of money to spend, people will get hired faster. How much money they have to burn this fiscal year? No one here knows. But one thing I do know is that calls are going out and the applicants better be in shape cause this isn't a cake walk anymore.

My timeline was similar to yours back in 2009, once I started my background for federal clearance thats when the waiting started, then the freeze hit. Hopefully you get thru while there is money to spend.

Its going to be so hot and humid back in GA. I'm a nor-cal guy, just another challenge for my career, sacrifice for five months and get back to the west-coast (home).
                        Last edited by friscoplayrsf; 08-10-2011, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mich-Again View Post
                          I still can't think of a good reason why MHC (or whomever keeps the list) can't tell us where we are in the TSU line. That would be mighty courteous of them.
                          I think part of the reason they don't tell is because they don't want to lock people into thinking that they're next, or close in line. People have been getting leap frogged in TSU lately for one reason or another. It just gives MHC a little less accountability when something like that does happen (ie. No "promises" made about an applicant's place in line)

Comment

• Cass

Does CASS only update on Tuesday and Thursday?

Comment

First of all its CBP. US Customs has not existed in what, 9 years? Anyone who is at a high GS level has not been in any process for some time and unless they also work for MHC the people going through the process and sharing information with each other know more than them.

No one gets a kick out of telling you the truth of what they have been going through and how long it takes. I hope you get picked up ASAP and sure anything is possible. All anyone is trying to say is if you have a backup plan like some other agency asking you to start work, you should take them up. Or maybe you want to go back to college for a semester or two. Odds are you will have time for that. Im just telling you to use the info that is out there and act accordingly. If next week things change and there is mass hiring (forget about getting a TO or doing a background Im talking EOD only) for anyone off the 2010 then things have changed and people will be talking about it on here.

I have 3 family members that currently work for CBP at JFK and they span the GS scale, no one at the port knew that there were multiple people in the academy for JKF as we speak.

Why do they keep doing more tests and wasting money? Im not sure, but they have wasted almost a full year of GS5 salary on me and many others. Most likely they try and keep as many people on the clear as possible, and if hiring slows down then well you have all these people sitting around with expired steps. The end of 2010 they stopped updating peoples steps, then all of a sudden they started to process people again and have more tests.

There are many, many people who are still around from the hiring freeze days for non SWB locations. You are after them, once you see many many '09 testers getting hired for your location you'll be next, sometime

There is a wait, get over it. No reason to get huffy. Live you life.
                              CBPO
                              TO - 05/08 JFK
                              EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Anyone who has taken the PFT2 or PFT1 (this was different when I took it) during the sit up portion, do your shoulders have to hit the floor every time you go down and then back up or can just 90% of your back hit the floor and then you come back up?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7028 users online. 338 members and 6690 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X