300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by miami1987 View Post
    In your first yr on GS 5, about how much will you make in OT, i know it depends what port, but what is about normal for say LAX, MIA, Houston???
    As the new guy you will work plenty of ot, especially as a GS5

Is it hard to get to Puerto Rico or USVI?
    From what I've seen and heard, Yes. People who live in PR are getting ports all over the us. Alot of them are trying to get back home.

Also, is it possible to get time off when u need/want it?
    LOL. Needs of the service means sucks for the new guy. Sorry

Is the low pay worth the job? i want to be a 1811 one day and id like to get my retirement rolling so it looks like a good stepping stone. what do u think? it would be a $25000 cut in pay....but im young and can afford it...
    All depends on you and what you want to get out of the service. Use the job to get what you need, don't get caught up in the BS, do your job and move on when the time is right for you.
    Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
      If you want to carry off duty, I think you'd be better off getting a local CCW, and not worrying about the CBP weapon. That way if you actually have to use it, you won't get hung out to dry.

But what do I know, I'm still trying to clear up a NOPA letter.
      What's a NOPA letter?

Comment

• Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
        What's a NOPA letter?
        Notice Of Proposed Action to find you unsuitable.

They send you a letter when something in your background raises security concerns.

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
          All depends on you and what you want to get out of the service. Use the job to get what you need, don't get caught up in the BS, do your job and move on when the time is right for you.
          since they say critical need in some places, if i apply to a station OTHER than the critical need how long will it take?id like to go to miami, san juan, or USVI...

do you think they will post another open application period anytime soon?this one ends on the 28th

Comment

• Is there anything prior to going to FLETC that we should possibly read or just "freshen up" on to get ahead of the game a little bit, or just jump into the mix when we get to FLETC?

Also, I was told by someone who graduated a few months ago, he basically told me he had a blast in FLETC, anyone else feel the same way?
            Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
            Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
            Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
              Notice Of Proposed Action to find you unsuitable.

They send you a letter when something in your background raises security concerns.
              Thank you! shawal16, hope i don't get one of those!

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                How, exactly, would taking the ASVAB make you eligible???
                Good question. Just taking the ASVAP does dot qualify a person as a veteran. It determines their eligability for service in the armed forces. To qualify for veteran's points an individual must complete a service contract and have an honorable discharge. These points must be earned.

Comment

• I am taking the written test Tuesday in Boston, MA. Just wondering what the 'dress code' is for the test? I was planning on wearing a polo shirt, khakis, and dress shoes. Thanks for any tips!

Comment

• Originally posted by 86cursed View Post
                    I am taking the written test Tuesday in Boston, MA. Just wondering what the 'dress code' is for the test? I was planning on wearing a polo shirt, khakis, and dress shoes. Thanks for any tips!
                    I'm going to guess it's casual. I'm taking it tomorrow as well. Last time I tested (DHS) it was a retired school teacher administering the test. No one associated with the agency was present.

Comment

• Can anyone who has stayed at FLETC recommend a safe, crime free, family friendly area of Brunswick for my wife and child to rent an apartment while I'm at training? From the research I've done, some areas of Brunswick appear to have high crime. I appreciate any input!

Comment

• I'm scheduled for my background investigation next week. Does anybody know what the 27 page Background Investigation Personal Interview consist of?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabbanelli911 View Post
                          I'm scheduled for my background investigation next week. Does anybody know what the 27 page Background Investigation Personal Interview consist of?
                          Basically all you're doing is going over your SF 86 with the investigator, he/she will most likely ask detailed questions about some sections if not all. It can take an hour and a half up to four hours. The two that I have done in the past were both only an hour and a half long. hope this helps.
                          CBPO
                          Test-11/07, T.O. 1/08 (WA)
                          Med/Fit-completed 1/08
                          Forms/Drug/VBT-completed 2/08
                          Quals-completed 6/08
                          BI-completed 8/08
                          Referred to Schedule EOD 8/15/08

The Call-9/29/08
                          Start-10/14/08
                          FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

• Originally posted by 86cursed View Post
                            I am taking the written test Tuesday in Boston, MA. Just wondering what the 'dress code' is for the test? I was planning on wearing a polo shirt, khakis, and dress shoes. Thanks for any tips!
                            There is no dress code, just use common sense.
                            CBPO
                            Test-11/07, T.O. 1/08 (WA)
                            Med/Fit-completed 1/08
                            Forms/Drug/VBT-completed 2/08
                            Quals-completed 6/08
                            BI-completed 8/08
                            Referred to Schedule EOD 8/15/08

The Call-9/29/08
                            Start-10/14/08
                            FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarheel1 View Post
                              Basically all you're doing is going over your SF 86 with the investigator, he/she will most likely ask detailed questions about some sections if not all. It can take an hour and a half up to four hours. The two that I have done in the past were both only an hour and a half long. hope this helps.
                              Thanks for your reply. My background investigator did state that he was going to go over the SF-86. He also told me that we were going to do a 27 page Background Investigation Personal Interview. Just curious as to what questions might be asked in this questionnaire.

Comment

• Originally posted by miami1987 View Post
                                since they say critical need in some places, if i apply to a station OTHER than the critical need how long will it take?id like to go to miami, san juan, or USVI...

do you think they will post another open application period anytime soon?this one ends on the 28th

This announcement ends today(07/21), unless you know something I and USAjobs do not.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4534 users online. 358 members and 4176 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X