300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
    I'm absolutely sure you're wrong. We are covered by HR-218.
    Very nice. Good to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmouredSainT View Post
      I do not have a college degree and I was hired as a GS7.
      Lucky You....
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
        I'm absolutely sure you're wrong. We are covered by HR-218.
        Many off-duty cbpos here at our airport carry their sidearms with them on the plane and bypass security. They just have to let the airline they are traveling with know and show them their credentials.

Do cbpos also carry cuffs with them off duty in case they need to detain someone since concealment of a firearm is allowed?
        "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

• I am not trying to be a smartass, or put anyone down but some of the things I am reading here just makes me wonder

One. Carying on a plane without authorized letter from the DFO of your Port and bypassing TSA screening while off duty will have you canned faster than you can think. I am not sure what your job description is or who you work for, but if you think a CBP Officer can get on any Airliner with his loaded weapon... well than it's time for a bit of research my friend.

Two. To carry handcuffs while off duty is necessary and outlined under the CBP carry Umbrella. CBPO's DO NOT detain anyone while off duty. This is why many CBPOs do not carry of duty because of these F-d up laws !!! You use your issued firearm off duty, you will be hanged out to dry. Don't believe me? Ask arround...
          Last edited by matyoka; 07-18-2008, 10:37 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Orleanian84 View Post
            Do cbpos also carry cuffs with them off duty in case they need to detain someone since concealment of a firearm is allowed?
            We are told to carry cuffs, key, and an extra magazine. The way I see it if I have to pull my weapon off duty the situation is so bad I have one option, to shoot. There is no detention, but I was told to carry cuffs and a key so I will.
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Yes KC, the carry of the handcuffs and extra mag is a MUST !!!
              sigpic

Comment

• never mind
                Last edited by Orleanian84; 07-19-2008, 02:20 AM. Reason: sensitive information
                "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

• Originally posted by Ry greve View Post

4. The SF86 requires contact information for all former employers, individuals that can verify each of your residences, and three personal references. None should be used twice. From each do these the BI must developed two more, then two more until he has exhausted contacts.

So the BI meets with ALL the refs you listed and then gets more references from the references you listed? Thats seems like a lot of refs..

Comment

• So the BI meets with ALL the refs you listed and then gets more references from the references you listed? Thats seems like a lot of refs..

Yes and references in many states. This is why the background takes so long. I currently know of four working on mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                      So the facial hair seems not to be a problem, but what about tattoos? What is the ruling on those?
                      I can't give too many details, because this one does not apply to me so I didn't research it. I know you can have tattoos on your arms, etc. but I believe they have to be covered. I don't think facial tats are permitted, but that is just a guess.
                      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Anyone know if Vets Pref can be added AFTER the test? Or do I need to claim preference at the time of the test?
                        I'll be taking the CBP test on Wed 7/23 and I'll be taking the ASVAB shortly after.
                        Geo Pref - Boston
                        Written - 7/25/2008
                        TO - 3/6/2009
                        Pre-Employment Forms - 3/11/2009 Complete
                        Qualifications (GS05/07) - 3/11/2009 Complete GS07
                        VBT - 3/24/2009 Passed
                        Med/Phys - 3/25/2009 Passed
                        Drug Test - 4/3/2009 Passed
                        BI - 5/13/2009
                        TSU - 9/04/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by JaredB11381 View Post
                          Anyone know if Vets Pref can be added AFTER the test? Or do I need to claim preference at the time of the test?
                          I'll be taking the CBP test on Wed 7/23 and I'll be taking the ASVAB shortly after.
                          How, exactly, would taking the ASVAB make you eligible???

Comment

• If you want to carry off duty, I think you'd be better off getting a local CCW, and not worrying about the CBP weapon. That way if you actually have to use it, you won't get hung out to dry.

But what do I know, I'm still trying to clear up a NOPA letter.
                            ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                            Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                            March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                            July 09 Oral Board
                            Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                            Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
                              If you want to carry off duty, I think you'd be better off getting a local CCW, and not worrying about the CBP weapon. That way if you actually have to use it, you won't get hung out to dry.

But what do I know, I'm still trying to clear up a NOPA letter.
                              You know more than you think young Skywalker.
                              Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Misc Questions about CBP

In your first yr on GS 5, about how much will you make in OT, i know it depends what port, but what is about normal for say LAX, MIA, Houston???

Is it hard to get to Puerto Rico or USVI?

Also, is it possible to get time off when u need/want it?

Is the low pay worth the job? i want to be a 1811 one day and id like to get my retirement rolling so it looks like a good stepping stone. what do u think? it would be a $25000 cut in pay....but im young and can afford it...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8541 users online. 272 members and 8269 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X