300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LIL_VET_WIFE View Post
    All my hubby and I are missing is our VBT. Is there anyone out there that has their's in AZ scheduled scheduled here pretty soon? I had it scheduled in TX but I had it changed and now I haven't heard anything. I'm begining to wonder if I should have just flown and taken it over there
    Not in AZ, but a co-worker of mine applied for AZ Nov 2010 and had his VBT and SI about a month ago. We're located in New England, I believe he traveled to Boston for it. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by OchoTres View Post
      Is that a good thing? Such a bummer. I was hoping to actually be hired by October.
      Sorry to burst your bubble, but even with the recent hiring push; the average wait time to get hired is still going to be 2-3 years.

The days of being hired 30-90 days after you've completed all your checks are long gone. There are many who have tested in 07-08 and still waiting to get their call because they picked a non-SWB port.

Comment

• Hey guys please answer my question. Sry if its been asked b4. Last year I was in the process for BPA and passed everything except I was DQ because I did not meet the education requirements for the grade I applied for. I submitted all the paperwork and passed the interview.
        So now I took the last CBPO exam in PA and passed it. CBP sent me a packet about 2 months ago to fill out and mail (declaration of fed employment and such with the offer for SWB) which stated that I would have to submit it within a week or 2 or else I would be DQ. I previously filled this out for BPA and other Fed gigs like TSA. Long story short, I didn’t mail the packet. Today I received a letter to do the VBT and also have been receiving calls to schedule a medical even though I didn’t mail the packet back.
        Is it possible that they are using my BPA paperwork ?
        P.S. I thought I should continue this process as a backup in case all else fails.

Comment

• Originally posted by usman939 View Post
          Hey guys please answer my question. Sry if its been asked b4. Last year I was in the process for BPA and passed everything except I was DQ because I did not meet the education requirements for the grade I applied for. I submitted all the paperwork and passed the interview.
          So now I took the last CBPO exam in PA and passed it. CBP sent me a packet about 2 months ago to fill out and mail (declaration of fed employment and such with the offer for SWB) which stated that I would have to submit it within a week or 2 or else I would be DQ. I previously filled this out for BPA and other Fed gigs like TSA. Long story short, I didn’t mail the packet. Today I received a letter to do the VBT and also have been receiving calls to schedule a medical even though I didn’t mail the packet back.
          Is it possible that they are using my BPA paperwork ?
          P.S. I thought I should continue this process as a backup in case all else fails.
          so...why didn't you complete the packet and send it back? You know a big part of this job is following directions on how to perform the job correctly right?

Comment

• Because I have a LE job now, just thought i'd play it safe by having a backup plan.
            Last edited by usman939; 08-08-2011, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• **deleted**
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by LIL_VET_WIFE View Post
                All my hubby and I are missing is our VBT. Is there anyone out there that has their's in AZ scheduled scheduled here pretty soon? I had it scheduled in TX but I had it changed and now I haven't heard anything. I'm begining to wonder if I should have just flown and taken it over there
                I have my scheduled in Tucson for 8-23. I live in Salt Lake City. I've just being flying where ever they schedule me for things. Good luck.

Comment

• well tomorrow morning is my polygraph test so i am just hoping that all goes well. this will be all i need to complete everything. wish me luck guys i need it and goodnight.
                  CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
                  Test: 12/2010
                  NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
                  TO: 6/7/2011
                  PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
                  Equip: 6/13/2011
                  FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
                  VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
                  BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
                  Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
                  Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
                  Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
                  got the call: 9/20/2011
                  PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
                  NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
                  New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

• I got a call for my 2nd background investigation by the woman doing mine this time around.

I had assumed she knew I have already gone through this with CBP, 2 years ago obviously, but at the very end of our conversation after she tells me everything I need to get/bring to her Wednesday morning, she seemed surprised that I had already gone through this with CBP, and passed my BI two years ago (more actually) and hadn't been hired yet.

Good times.

But I really look forward to it, any movement of my process is a good thing.

Comment

• Today is my VBT. Excited!
                      Last edited by Arewethereyet; 08-09-2011, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                        I got a call for my 2nd background investigation by the woman doing mine this time around.

I had assumed she knew I have already gone through this with CBP, 2 years ago obviously, but at the very end of our conversation after she tells me everything I need to get/bring to her Wednesday morning, she seemed surprised that I had already gone through this with CBP, and passed my BI two years ago (more actually) and hadn't been hired yet.

Good times.

But I really look forward to it, any movement of my process is a good thing.
                        Yeah the same thing happened to me. They dont tell the investigators that is the second BI. They want everything from scratch. Of course BI messed up and gave my investigator the old BI questionaire, couldnt believe that. Good luck.

Comment

• Hey everyone just wanted to post my timeline and what your guys thoughts are already completed my medial, physical, eqip, met with Background Investigator today and it is done and submitted so now to wait for it to be completed by US customs and then my VBT/SI is on Thursday August 11th only would be missing the Drug Test tested on 12/2010
                          Last edited by rsx5045; 08-09-2011, 12:22 PM.
                          Test - 12/2010
                          NOR- 2/2011-score 97
                          TO- 6/2011
                          Medical- 7/2011-Complete
                          Physical- 7/2011-Complete
                          Met with BI- 8/2011-Complete
                          VBT/SI- 8/11/2011
                          Drug Test ?

Comment

• Originally posted by rsx5045 View Post
                            Hey everyone just wanted to post my timeline and what your guys thoughts are already completed my medial, physical, eqip, met with Background Investigator today and it is done and submitted so now to wait for it to be completed by US customs and then my VBT/SI is on Thursday August 11th only would be missing the Drug Test tested on 12/2010
                            Thats good man you are knocking those steps out. It will be 2-3 years before you get the final job offer...just a heads up.

Comment

• Originally posted by rsx5045 View Post
                              Hey everyone just wanted to post my timeline and what your guys thoughts are already completed my medial, physical, eqip, met with Background Investigator today and it is done and submitted so now to wait for it to be completed by US customs and then my VBT/SI is on Thursday August 11th only would be missing the Drug Test tested on 12/2010
                              It's good not to get so hyped up because it may take a while. But depending on your geo location it may only take 6 months, so stay fit and don't rely on the 2 year period, it might be closer than you think!!!

Comment

• Exam: FEB 2007
                                NEW TO:11/19/10
                                GEO: San Diego, CA
                                Qualifications: Completed GS-7
                                Medical: used existing. recertified in DEC 2010
                                PFT 1 Test:12/30/2010
                                VBT: middle 2009. expires in middle 2012
                                Drug Screening: 10/27/2010
                                BI: completed meet investigator in Sep 2009 cleared in
                                April 2010 recleared in april 2011.
                                TSU: 7/20/11
                                still waiting

BPA: test 2005
                                EOD: 2/28/11
                                Last edited by *El Famoso 818*; 08-09-2011, 06:14 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11379 users online. 392 members and 10987 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X