300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
    I think my question a couple of pages back may have been overlooked. I was wondering if anyone knows how MHC handles a documented injury like a broken bone once a tentative selection letter is issued. Do they put you on hold as an applicant for the PFT1 and medical or are you dropped from the process. I've tried contacting MHC with no response so any information would appreciated. Thank you.
    Thanks, haven't been issued a TO but would like to prepare any paperwork I might need in the event I get one within the next few months while recovering.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
      I saw an Alaska plate the other day, but I'm sure he wasn't a Basic student...
      It is indeed an advantage to have a vehicle here, if just to have the ability to go to the store when you want, or to simply get away on the weekend and explore your surroundings. If you have more than a 2 day drive... I'd say no.
      One of the things about plates at FLETC is that they often don't reflect true to one's current situation. As an example...a guy from Detroit takes a job in Houston, TX and more likely than not, he drives to FLETC in a MI plated vehicle...largely because he's been busy with more pressing issues (new job/moving/family, etc.) than switching plates/licenses.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        One of the things about plates at FLETC is that they often don't reflect true to one's current situation. As an example...a guy from Detroit takes a job in Houston, TX and more likely than not, he drives to FLETC in a MI plated vehicle...largely because he's been busy with more pressing issues (new job/moving/family, etc.) than switching plates/licenses.
        I still have my CA plates on my car here.... :-)
        The car I mentioned was being driven during training time, which is not allowed for Basic Trainees, that's why I mentioned it.
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Hello Everyone... I'm very new to this forum site, but I've read alot on here so far and it's pretty interesting... You all offer some great pointers here... Thanks

I was placed on military hold from 01/01/2009-09/09/2010...

CBPO
          GS-7
          Score: 86 w/veteran points
          Test: 07/25/2008
          NOR: 08/01/2008
          Tentative Selection: 12/22/2008
          1st EQIP: 09/12/2010
          PFT/Medical: 09/22/2010
          2nd EQIP: 02/09/2011
          VBT/SI: 02/08/2011
          Drug Test: 03/10/2011
          BI: 05/10/2011 Meet Background Investigator (In security office)

How much longer after I meet the investigator, must I wait for my BI to go green? I guess forever...
          I only hope I get my call this year... This is one heck of a process...
          CBPO GS-7
          Test: 07/25/08 86 w/veteran points
          NOR: 08/01/08
          Tentative Selection: 12/22/08
          1st EQIP: 09/12/10 Completed
          PFT/Medical: 09/22/10 Completed
          2nd EQIP: 02/09/11 Completed
          VBT/SI: 02/08/11 Completed
          Drug Test: 03/10/11 Completed
          BI: 05/10/11 Meet BI
          BI: 09/08/11 BI Completed
          TSU: 09/09/11
          The Call: 09/21/11
          PFT2: 09/30/11
          EOD: 10/03/11
          FLETC: 10/25/11

Comment

• WWOOOOOHHHHOOOO!! Got my VBT/SI results today!! Passed!!! and took my drug test today!! now just waiting on my background to clear!!

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              I knew a guy from Alaska who drove to Glynco.

2-3 from Wash/western MT as well.

As I recall, the Alaska guy was former postal...so he was carrying over leave from his old job.

Personally, I'd drive if I could do it within 2 days. Much further than that might be asking for problems.
              Then again, having a vehicle available in GA is one heck of a plus. I'd be tempted to do it if at all possible.
              CBPO's?

Any idea where the Washington ones are going?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1806 View Post
                CBPO's?

Any idea where the Washington ones are going?
                Yes.

That was years back though.
                I have no idea where current WA hires are going.
                Everywhere and anywhere they're needed, I expect.

Comment

• Originally posted by gester View Post
                  Just got a letter in the mail saying my VBT is on the 18th of Aug. I'm sure we'll both do just fine. I'm also applying for the GA location.

Test: 12/10
                  NOR: 2/11
                  Location change to GA: 6/11
                  Tentative selection: 6/11
                  EQIP: 6/11
                  BI started: 7/11
                  Medical/Fitness: 7/11
                  VBT: 8/11
                  Awesome! It looks like you're about on the same timeline as me. Keep me updated on your progress. Maybe we'll see each other at FLETC.

Comment

• So my cousin was sure she passed the physical but then received a letter in the mail that she didn't. She's pretty upset. How long after you fail the pft1 can you reapply? She originally filled out under the announcement that came out in 2010, can she apply to this one at this point?
                    CBP: CBPO
                    EOD: 10/11/11 (South Texas)

Comment

• Originally posted by BKsfinest10 View Post
                      So my cousin was sure she passed the physical but then received a letter in the mail that she didn't. She's pretty upset. How long after you fail the pft1 can you reapply? She originally filled out under the announcement that came out in 2010, can she apply to this one at this point?
                      What part did she fail? Was it the lift and lower test?
                      CBPO
                      Geo Pref:Georgia
                      NOR:3/07
                      T.O:10/08
                      1st TSU:6/09
                      2nd Fitness test:11/09
                      Credit pulled:4/10
                      2nd TSU:5/10
                      2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
                      2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
                      2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
                      All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• Originally posted by TopFlightInGA View Post
                        What part did she fail? Was it the lift and lower test?
                        The letter didn't say exactly so she is not sure. Said she completed evertyhing and did 19 push ups and more than enough for evertyhing else. IDK. I told her to try and reapply to this announcement if it allows her too.
                        CBP: CBPO
                        EOD: 10/11/11 (South Texas)

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                          I think my question a couple of pages back may have been overlooked. I was wondering if anyone knows how MHC handles a documented injury like a broken bone once a tentative selection letter is issued. Do they put you on hold as an applicant for the PFT1 and medical or are you dropped from the process. I've tried contacting MHC with no response so any information would appreciated. Thank you.
                          Have no fear!!! I have a rod in my leg, dislocated shoulder etc. You will be asked later after your medical for supporting documentation on your previous injures. As long as you pass and have range in motion you'll be fine. ORT is physically demanding at times but you'll be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by MPK9 View Post
                            Have no fear!!! I have a rod in my leg, dislocated shoulder etc. You will be asked later after your medical for supporting documentation on your previous injures. As long as you pass and have range in motion you'll be fine. ORT is physically demanding at times but you'll be fine.
                            Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I'm not worried about passing everything including medical once I heal, I was in great shape before the injury and don't think I would have a problem getting back into tip top shape once I heal. I'm worried about being issued a TO while I'm still injured (I'm looking at a three month window until I can put weight back on the leg, plus 1-2 months of physical therapy once I am healed. I'm afraid of what might happen should I be issued a TO during that time period as I will be unable to take the PFT1 and pass the medical with the injury.

I was just wondering if anyone else had run into a similar situation where they were temporarily physically unable to take the PFT1 and medical while they were injured.

Thanks

Comment

• my pft2 is tomoorow im kinda nervous/anxious. anyone have any pointers? ive been running the 220 yards in 30 or less. should i take it easy and save my energy for the rest of the day ahead ?also do they allow you to wear headphones and an mp3 player while doing the 1.5 miles?

Comment

• Originally posted by specrtunedgsr View Post
                                WWOOOOOHHHHOOOO!! Got my VBT/SI results today!! Passed!!! and took my drug test today!! now just waiting on my background to clear!!
                                Congrats! Did you receive it in the mail? What's your timeline?
                                CBPO
                                Test- 12/9/10
                                NOR- 1/07/11
                                T.O.- 4/1/11
                                Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
                                Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
                                Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
                                Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
                                Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
                                Pft2- ?
                                Eod- ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9483 users online. 326 members and 9157 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X