Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=*El Famoso 818*;2839850]the only think that transfers over is the background and UA and medical not the physical portion thats it maybe the poly but i never had to do one,

thanks for the info!
    BPA
    Written (87) 11/29/10
    NOR 12/3/10
    TSL1 07/26/11
    Poly 08/15/11
    PT 08/22/11
    Drug Test 09/02/11
    OB 09/13/11
    BI meeting 10/10/11
    TSU 06/29/12

CBPO
    Written (79) 12/07/10
    NOR 02/01/11 (LAX/LB)
    NOR 04/28/11 (CA SWB)
    TSL1 06/14/11
    Poly 08/15/11
    Medical and PT 08/22/11
    VBT/SI 08/26/11
    Drug Test 09/02/11
    BI meeting 10/10/11
    TSU 06/21/12
    EOD 08/13/12
    FLETC 09/12/12-01/25/13

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
      FYI
      All those calls going out last minute for the Aug 16 class is more than likely due to PFT2 failures...
      So for all of you out there in "waiting" land, keep working out.
      This is why my class is 19 short!
      Yoda,
      Is there a significant amount of marching for the new trainee Customs and Border Protection Officers? Also, how is the pft in that humid weather?

Comment

• [QUOTE=SDCBP;2839875]
        Originally posted by Christophersonjl View Post
        Are there any other females on here?

Future CBP FEMALE here too ....waiting on SWB since 08
        are you in TSU whats your timeline?
        Last edited by *El Famoso 818*; 08-03-2011, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• for Any one in the academy right now how many people usually dont make it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
            That is so Odd..How did you not get a 2nd BI and you have been in the process long then me..
            My backgrond just expired a month ago and they said i have to do a new one,..
            After you get your TO your Scor doesnt matter.. They used to go by TSU date.. but now they are going by TO date..
            When did you get your TO letter?
            I have the exact same issue as you do. My BI just expired in June 2011. My TO date is 01/09, my BI cleared in 05/09. His BI cleared in 09/09, so 2 years later he is still clear, we went back into pending. He is offered a spot, we are not. Hey, at least we have first place ribbons...

Good luck with your new career NYCFed, hopefully we'll all meet at JFK.
            Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 08-03-2011, 08:13 PM.
            CBPO
            GEO - NY/JFK
            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
            PE Forms - Completed
            Fitness - Completed
            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
            Drug Screen - Completed
            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
            TSU

EOD: ???
            FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by nycfed4life View Post
              i guess since my b.i took longer to clear in a way it helped me! wow
              Are you a Vet, BTW?
              CBPO
              GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
              PE Forms - Completed
              Fitness - Completed
              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
              Drug Screen - Completed
              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
              TSU

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                I have the exact same issue as you do. My BI just expired in June 2011. My TO date is 01/09, my BI cleared in 06/09. His BI cleared in 09/09, so he is still clear, we just missed the boat. He is offered a spot, we are not. Hey, at least we have first place ribbons...
                Its a ridiculous system that penalizes people that were here earlier. Now we have to wait the months and months it takes for a new full BI to clear, even though we cleared one or two already and cleared the updates. Someone takes the test later and and get a later TO and the time frame just happens to work out that their first round of stuff hasn't expired yet. So they get hired and we just have to hope that there are still spots for us when our background clears again, and also before another step in the process expires.
                CBPO
                TO - 05/08 JFK
                EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
                  Yoda,
                  Is there a significant amount of marching for the new trainee Customs and Border Protection Officers? Also, how is the pft in that humid weather?
                  We're supposed to, but I haven't seen other classes doing it and we have still to cover marching on our DC class...
                  Don't expect it to be like that the first week, later on maybe, but then again it will be up to your Trainer.
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                    Its a ridiculous system that penalizes people that were here earlier. Now we have to wait the months and months it takes for a new full BI to clear, even though we cleared one or two already and cleared the updates. Someone takes the test later and and get a later TO and the time frame just happens to work out that their first round of stuff hasn't expired yet. So they get hired and we just have to hope that there are still spots for us when our background clears again, and also before another step in the process expires.

This process is a lottery. It's a good gig, good pay, rewarding. We aren't entitled to it, but we are fortunate enough to have gotten ourselves in the process when we did. Even if it takes forever (and we seem to have entered into the abyss where our BI stays pending forever). Oh well. As disappointing and frustrating as this process is it isn't a health issue, the death of a loved one; it is a personal/professional failure by chance, which isn't that bad.

We are still in the process which has to be a good thing, right? They could have dropped us all a long time ago like the other agencies did with their applicants.
                    Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 08-03-2011, 08:41 PM.
                    CBPO
                    GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
                    PE Forms - Completed
                    Fitness - Completed
                    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                    Drug Screen - Completed
                    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                    TSU

Comment

• Originally posted by *El Famoso 818* View Post
                      for Any one in the academy right now how many people usually dont make it?
                      They haven't given us a figure on that specific question. I can say that "stupidity" will get you out the door quick, no matter if you are days away from graduating... and you better pass the final PFT, according to them the first 2 don't count. Qualifying seems to be a hot issue as well, some people can't shoot... But the one thing that has been stressed is "stupidity", keep your bearings for the entire time you're here and be very mindful of who you socialize with.
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Well looks like I am in for a bit of a wait. Took the test on the 19th in San Antonio. I live in KY, so it was a bit of a trip but someone called me and said that would be my best option. I applied for the South East position for CBPO. Still waiting on my NOR. I will keep you posted,
                        App. 7.2011
                        Test 7.2011
                        N.O.R. 9.2011
                        TSL1 MAY-2012
                        TSL2 May-2012
                        B.I. -In Security Office
                        PFT1-June-Passed-2012
                        Medical - July-2012
                        VBT/SI - July-2012

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                          I have the exact same issue as you do. My BI just expired in June 2011. My TO date is 01/09, my BI cleared in 05/09. His BI cleared in 09/09, so 2 years later he is still clear, we went back into pending. He is offered a spot, we are not. Hey, at least we have first place ribbons...

Good luck with your new career NYCFed, hopefully we'll all meet at JFK.
                          Yeap my expired in Jun.. We have the same exact time line..Question though.. did you get your E-quip Packet yet?? I did email them but Its been over a month since my BI expired and havnet recieved anything..

We should be first in line.. lets hope they still are hiring when our BI is complete.
                          CBPO
                          GEO - NY/JFK
                          TO - 01/29/09
                          TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
                          Expired 6/10/11
                          Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                            I agree it is BS system.. First y they went by TSU then they go by TO.. Then they said mutiple times not to worry bout things expiring and they will not pass/skip you..
                            I dont really see the the differance.. your on probation the first year anyway.. and plus dont they re-do the background every 5 years as well..

Anyone know how long the 2nd Bi takes?
                            CBPO
                            GEO - NY/JFK
                            TO - 01/29/09
                            TSU - 05/05/09

Expired 6/10/11

Comment

• But its not Suppose to be a lottery.. We take a test, pass everything.. they are suppose to go by a list.
                              It is Disappointiing, but your right.. nothing we can do.. just go along for the ride...
                              Last edited by Rshen11; 08-03-2011, 11:31 PM.
                              CBPO
                              GEO - NY/JFK
                              TO - 01/29/09
                              TSU - 05/05/09

Expired 6/10/11

Comment

• Don't try to speculate about the hiring process, everyone will go through the same thing. The hiring process takes long because of funding, once there is a funded position available you will be hired. Just look at it this way, if your steps expire contact the appropriate office to get it finished. Once all steps are finished you then have a chance to get the call(job offer).
                                Last edited by friscoplayrsf; 08-04-2011, 12:13 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11777 users online. 417 members and 11360 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X