Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my tsu was jan 2009 btw . about 2 and a half years i guess .

Comment

• Originally posted by nycfed4life View Post
      since 2008 ... whats crazy is i moved from nyc to charlotte nc and now i am moving back . crazy !!
      Welcome back to the big apple....... Good luck

Comment

well hello everyone. ive been following this forum for quite sometime and today i just received "THE CALL" . I start aug 16th ...that is if i pass my pft2. im headed to jfk so they are hiring for the east coast. My first question if anyone can help is do u need a car in the training facility ? and is a license a requirement because i specifically told the recruiter i have my permit only and she said that was enough. i hope she knows what shes talking about . i dont wana quit my job now for nothing lol.
        You had better get a driver's license ASAP. I seriously doubt you'll get far into the process without one.

"Motor Vehicle Operation: CBP Officers must possess a valid automobile driver's license at the time of appointment."

http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.as...8+14%3a39%3a00

Comment

well hello everyone. ive been following this forum for quite sometime and today i just received "THE CALL" . I start aug 16th ...that is if i pass my pft2. im headed to jfk so they are hiring for the east coast. My first question if anyone can help is do u need a car in the training facility ? and is a license a requirement because i specifically told the recruiter i have my permit only and she said that was enough. i hope she knows what shes talking about . i dont wana quit my job now for nothing lol.
          As Merlin stated, you NEED to have a valid drivers license to get to FLETC, CBP has implemented drivers training into the program... so you better hustle up and get that squared away ASAP.
          You don't need a car here, but it does help when you need to go get stuff in town or simply get away on the weekends...

BTW
          Congrats on the call... I have a few from JFK and Newark in my class!
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

Congrats. Hopefully well be working together one day sooner than later. Its good to know they are still calling people for JFK. I just checked my BI again for the second time today and it still pending.

Do you remember when you got your TO? Did you recently complete any of the steps? And were you waiting long after you had all green checks again when you got the call?
            CBPO
            TO - 05/08 JFK
            EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Does anyone have any recombinations for online school to take some homeland security and wmd classes similar to what patc.com offers. I am certified arson investigator and the iai offers free class with compleation certs as continued education certs. So i wondered if any of u know of any free or cheap online classes to add to my CV and for extra experiance
              Last edited by sacfireinvest; 08-02-2011, 11:17 PM.
              cbpo
              test 7-12-11
              nor 8-31-2011 score 86 swb

iso
              test 8-23-11

bpa
              test 9-6-2011
              nor 9-28-2011 score 90
              geo ca

sps
              geo Houston Texas
              nor 8-1-2011 score 92

FBI evidence tech
              application received 8-15-2011

Tsa
              cbt passed 10-12-2009
              c/o 8-2-2010
              credit check 10-1-2010
              e86 turned in 8-6-2010
              airport assessment waiting for call

Comment

• speaking of a car at FLETC, any out of the ordinary long distance drives people have done to have their car at the academy? Typically you report only a couple days after graduation to your port right? I can't see that being a fun road trip back for those on the other side of the country

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                  speaking of a car at FLETC, any out of the ordinary long distance drives people have done to have their car at the academy? Typically you report only a couple days after graduation to your port right? I can't see that being a fun road trip back for those on the other side of the country
                  Ask yoda.. He can tell you.. Lol
                  TSU - 8/28/09
                  TO - 3/2009
                  On the job

Comment

I think we should be seeing each other at the academy. I was given a entry date of aug 16th as well, but wasn't given a date for my pft2. I'm wondering if I should call... Did they mention anything to you about the online training needed before leaving to the academy?

Comment

Hey bro Congrats.. Im for Jfk too Hope to join you soon.. Question.. did yodu have to do a 2nd BI?
                      CBPO
                      GEO - NY/JFK
                      TO - 01/29/09
                      TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
                      Expired 6/10/11
                      Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by sacfireinvest View Post
                        Does anyone have any recombinations for online school to take some homeland security and wmd classes similar to what patc.com offers. I am certified arson investigator and the iai offers free class with compleation certs as continued education certs. So i wondered if any of u know of any free or cheap online classes to add to my CV and for extra experiance
                        If you're looking for a class to take that'll make an impression as far as CBP goes, skip the Homeland Security stuff and jump into a writing class....preferably business writing.(and that goes for all applicants, not just you, Sac.)

You'll learn most of what you'll need to learn either at the academy or OJT. One glaring exception will be writing skills. Master those and you'll find much in CBP becomes easier.

Comment

• Less than 50 posts and we'll be at 1000 pages on this thread! LOL

Comment

• yea i had asked her that she said as long as you have a permit. my friend whose an officer told me they give tactical driving courses.

Comment

• no mention of anything. my recruiter just told me if i want to accept and i will be contacted in the future for my pft2 . its just so fast going literally in 2 weeks if everything goes well to training. but then again i waited since 2009 lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
                                Hey bro Congrats.. Im for Jfk too Hope to join you soon.. Question.. did yodu have to do a 2nd BI?
                                no 2nd bi at all. just a 2nd medical . nothing else. btw i got only an 86 on my test . which made me wonder if they really go by score . im guessing just t.o offers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6716 users online. 359 members and 6357 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X