300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
    That is incorrect, we received an email on June 22 saying we could choose a different location if we have not received a TO but we now have to chose geographic regions instead of specific locations.
    How is that different from what I stated?

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
      Unfortunately education doesn't mean didley. I have a degree, current fed, perfect score on the written and no TO here either. We have to realize that if we've chosen a low priority geo location, very few TOs are probably going out. I have no Vet Pref points but even a veteran who scores an actual 95 and then gets their 5 points added on is still in line ahead of both of us when TOs do start rolling out. Gotta be patient I suppose.
      This is true, although when I started to enter this process, I was told that current federal employees would have priority over all other candidates (unfortunately this isn't true); IIRC you chose Boston as your location?
      CBP Officer
      Initial Application: 11/16/10
      Test Exam: 12/13/10
      Notice of Results: 1/25/11 (GS-07: 92)
      New Geography (SWB): 9/14/11
      Tentative Offer: 9/29/11
      Medical/PFT1: 10/25/11

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
        How is that different from what I stated?
        Those with NOR's from the 2010 exam can change to any geographic location. If you are taking the 2011 exam you are limited to the SW and SE regions. I just wanted to point out the difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
          Those with NOR's from the 2010 exam can change to any geographic location. If you are taking the 2011 exam you are limited to the SW and SE regions. I just wanted to point out the difference.
          Which is why I added in the fact that the individual may be limited to either swb or se.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnonymousPerson View Post
            This is true, although when I started to enter this process, I was told that current federal employees would have priority over all other candidates (unfortunately this isn't true); IIRC you chose Boston as your location?
            Maine originally, I don't think I'd want to live in the Boston area again (college years were enough) but I would gladly accept any offer in the northeast for CBPO.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
              If you can pass your PFT-2 you should be fine, as long as you're passing close to or under the academy standards...
              i was just wondering because some people here on the forum make it seam harder i just completed the BPA academy and i think if you can pass that any other agency is going to be easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                Background Investigator called and is slated to interview me at my workplace on Monday.
                Round # 2!
                Interview went well today. There has been 3 other people in my area (St. Clair, Oakland, Macomb counties - Michigan) that he did the investigations for in the last couple weeks....and they too have been waiting over 3 years like me. He also said that he has to submit my BI by August 10th.

Comment

Last edited by shortybop; 08-02-2011, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                    Interview went well today. There has been 3 other people in my area (St. Clair, Oakland, Macomb counties - Michigan) that he did the investigations for in the last couple weeks....and they too have been waiting over 3 years like me. He also said that he has to submit my BI by August 10th.
                    Beecy, How long after you submitted your second BI e-Qip and forms did the BI call you? I submitted my second one three months ago and still have not received a call. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by *El Famoso 818* View Post
                      i was just wondering because some people here on the forum make it seam harder i just completed the BPA academy and i think if you can pass that any other agency is going to be easier.
                      If you've recently completed the BPA academy then the FOOBT PT shouldn't challenge you.

The academics may...as academically the FOOBT is more challenging than the BPA academy...or so I've heard.

Comment

• TO's are issued by descending test score...110, 109, 108, etc.

The particulars of whether or not an applicant is a current fed(outside of possible veteran points)) and/or what educational/experience qualifications the applicant may have are meaningless to the TO process.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          If you've recently completed the BPA academy then the FOOBT PT shouldn't challenge you.

The academics may...as academically the FOOBT is more challenging than the BPA academy...or so I've heard.
                          They made the change recently from FOOBT to CBPOBT... as always the constant evolution.
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

I dont know about that bpa academy is 55 days and you have to learn nationality law immigration law and applied Authority plus march everywhere we go singing cadence with a guide on its a paramilitary organization. CBPOS dont do that ive been to glynco in 2006 to the bureau of prisons academy and i see what they do they ride bikes everywhere. The pt is very intense to the point people cant hang and quit. it is the instructors job to make you quit everyday during 2 hour block of PT. just to give you some numbers we started with 50 graduated 36 and thats about the norm. also i think well i now BPA can work at POE because we are cross designated we have customs authority thats why you see us working at POE also. If im not mistaken the CBPO academy will be the same as the border patrol no more bikes i dont know about the PT I hope they make it hard and shorten the academy it is way to long.

Comment

• Hey guys,
                              I got the BI completed check on CASS.

I've got the Drug Examination still pending though, does anyone know when it should be completed?

---EDIT: Nevermind, just got called to schedule the drug examination.
                              Last edited by Freefallin; 08-02-2011, 10:27 AM.
                              CBPO
                              TO:04/01/11
                              EOD: 08/22/11
                              FLETC:09/07/11

Comment

• Hey everyone,
                                I was on the delphi forum and a 2010 tester just posted that she got the call on 7/29/11 for southwest border. She advised that she has been in process for bp so that information might have helped her speed up the process. Anyway just wanted to shed some light for the 2010 testers
                                CBPO
                                Test- 12/9/10
                                NOR- 1/07/11
                                T.O.- 4/1/11
                                Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
                                Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
                                Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
                                Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
                                Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
                                Pft2- ?
                                Eod- ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10627 users online. 507 members and 10120 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X