Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by yoda View Post
    I just want to throw this statistic out there that was given to us this week...
    Out of 300 applicants that get a TO only 30 reach TSU, and out of those 30 only one gets to FLETC...

    This was something that was told to us, and I'm putting it out there for those new people in the pipeline.

    Food for thought...
    Wow.. U serious? I just got back in TSU.
    TSU - 8/28/09
    TO - 3/2009
    On the job

    Comment


    • Originally posted by sr20 View Post
      Wow.. U serious? I just got back in TSU.
      You'd be surprised... The time people wait for the job and how many can't keep up. Then you have those failing the new PFT-2...
      My class was supposed to be of 48, and only 28 made it here... hopefully we all make it through! I know there was one that quit on his 2nd day of pre-academy after waiting 3+ years to get in... I learned about this today when we had a stack of books left at one of the tables.
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

      Comment


      • Hello, after this thread I have seen people waiting a long time to get hired. Is that a normal thing or is it because there wasnt a lot of hiring going on when you were waiting. I have my written test on August 29th. Any tips? Also Was is TO, TSU, PFT?

        Comment


        • I took the PFT1 a couple of weeks ago and that man saying up, up, down, down, up, up, down, down one...more...minute...to...go...up, up, down, down haunts me.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by limsol45 View Post
            Hello, after this thread I have seen people waiting a long time to get hired. Is that a normal thing or is it because there wasnt a lot of hiring going on when you were waiting. I have my written test on August 29th. Any tips? Also Was is TO, TSU, PFT?
            Depending on where you apply to, you will be waiting from 2-4 years to get hired... This is a very long drawn out process.
            TO - Tentative Offer
            TSU- Training and Scheduling Unit
            PFT- Physical Fitness Test

            Read over the thread and ALL of your questions will be answered... you don't even have to go back that far, maybe 20 pages!
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

            Comment


            • BI Visit

              Background Investigator called and is slated to interview me at my workplace on Monday.
              Round # 2!

              Comment


              • Yoda! How is your first week in Fletc? Anything surprise you?

                Comment


                • Hello everyone,

                  I'm in the process for CBPO as well. Just curious about the process.
                  I passed the exam and filled in the background investigation paperwork. I did the medical and physical exam.
                  Also, I met my investigator.
                  Is the VBT interview after the background investigation ?
                  I'm little confused mostly with other agencies you take a exam and then the interview is next. This is little backward ?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                    You'd be surprised... The time people wait for the job and how many can't keep up. Then you have those failing the new PFT-2...
                    My class was supposed to be of 48, and only 28 made it here... hopefully we all make it through! I know there was one that quit on his 2nd day of pre-academy after waiting 3+ years to get in... I learned about this today when we had a stack of books left at one of the tables.
                    Are they going to add more people to fill in the empty spots?
                    TSU - 8/28/09
                    TO - 3/2009
                    On the job

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
                      Yoda! How is your first week in Fletc? Anything surprise you?
                      No surprises yet, but I do feel that this is just an orientation week... we'll see how it picks up next week. We have our 1st PFT on Monday. With that said, I'm used to Military schoolhouses, so this might be difficult for those that have never been in one even though it hasn't approached the intensity of one. Be ready to iron uniforms and shine your boots!...
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                        Are they going to add more people to fill in the empty spots?
                        Not something I'd be able to answer... this is up to MHC and funding.
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                          Depending on where you apply to, you will be waiting from 2-4 years to get hired... This is a very long drawn out process.
                          TO - Tentative Offer
                          TSU- Training and Scheduling Unit
                          PFT- Physical Fitness Test

                          Read over the thread and ALL of your questions will be answered... you don't even have to go back that far, maybe 20 pages!
                          Ok thank you. I am applying to San Diego border. I'll read the thread farther back that I started. I'm just anxious to take the test.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                            I just want to throw this statistic out there that was given to us this week...
                            Out of 300 applicants that get a TO only 30 reach TSU, and out of those 30 only one gets to FLETC...

                            This was something that was told to us, and I'm putting it out there for those new people in the pipeline.

                            Food for thought...
                            So does this mean I should be proud that I made it into the TSU for a third time or should i take this as my chances aren't very good to get into FLETC? Why does only one make it to FLETC? If I keep up with everything and work out all the time I should eventually make it right?? lol now I don't know what to think.

                            Comment


                            • Yoda are they expecting more classes this year going into the fall?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jandrews6 View Post
                                I ended up wearing a suit. I am glad I did, my BI was in a suit as well. The interview was interesting, it felt like I was being audited by the IRS or something, very professional, no smiles, all business. Nice guy, I suppose.

                                Once again LIcoastie your advice proved to be very helpful. Shaniajam, thanks for the input. I am not sure why you are being polygraphed??? My BI never made mention of a poly in my situation. I have done a lot of traveling and have lived all over the country. These investigations and hiring processes are so confusing and weird. If it were up to me, they would put 10 of us in a room with 1 knife and well, you know the rest... LOL Definitely there would be some hardcore cops out there then.. HAHAHA!
                                NP, like I said you can never really go wrong with a conservative suit. In many cases meeting with these BI guys its not necessary, but why take chances if your unsure.

                                I have lived numerous places as well and my personal and work reference are now even more spread out around the country, so my new BI is taking a while.
                                CBPO
                                TO - 05/08 JFK
                                EOD - 12/05/2011

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4897 users online. 281 members and 4616 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X