Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems as they are expediting some applications, my BI said that it would only take 30 to 45 days to ajudicate my background, and that they were pushing him to get my application expedited, I hope this is true, I'll find out soon enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
      Came back at the end of the day, and when I checked my emails... I had a TO for BPA!... Funny how life works out sometimes.

Yes I got the Taj!...
      Hey Yoda, by any chance how many people do you have in your class?
      CBPO
      Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
      TO: 2/2011
      Medical: 3/22/2011
      PT Test: 3/22/2011
      VBT: 3/2011
      Background: 3/2011
      Drug Test: 4/2011
      Referred to TSU: 5/2011
      PT Test 2: TBD
      FLETC: Good Question lol
      CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
      Info Session 9/2009
      Interview 3/2010
      COE 5/2010
      Medical 5/2010
      Fit/Background 7/2010
      All clear as of 11/2010
      FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• So Yoda how many people from East Texas are there, and what are their waiting times. Ive been waiting three years now and have a TO of 8/2008.

test: 7/2008
        TO: 8/2008
        TSU: 1/2009

Comment

• The Taj is just like a hotel room...
          There's 28 in my class, and 4 from East Texas... they waited 3 years.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
            Yes I got the Taj!...

The Crack Houses aren't so bad; they're closer to the g-bar. One has to admire your perseverance and your ability to maintain a positive attitude throughout the hiring ordeal.

Best of luck and welcome aboard.
            ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

• Originally posted by cross.sandiego View Post
              The Crack Houses aren't so bad; they're closer to the g-bar. One has to admire your perseverance and your ability to maintain a positive attitude throughout the hiring ordeal.

Best of luck and welcome aboard.
              We haven't had a chance to go to the G bar yet...
              Thank you for the welcome, I'm proud to be standing where I am today... It has in fact been a very long journey, but I'm not alone with that experience, most of my class has been waiting for a very long time as well.
              CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                Your not going overboard. A conservative suit is perfect. I just met with another BI today and wore kakis and a striped button down shirt no tie and it was fine. But I have been through multiple BI interviews already and I knew it would be fine, plus it's hot as crap over here right now. I would have been dying in my one black suit.
                Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
                well if the meeting is only for about an hour then i guess it is ok, but you want to be comfortable. how about corporate casual with a polo shirt and business pants? a jacket may be a bit much. but if you are doing a poly also, then definately not a suit!!! you will be uncomfortable.

good luck to you tomorrow. i am doing a poly before my background, which is wierd. you think it has to do with me being born in the islands? or maybe 10 different address changes? kinds weird.
                I ended up wearing a suit. I am glad I did, my BI was in a suit as well. The interview was interesting, it felt like I was being audited by the IRS or something, very professional, no smiles, all business. Nice guy, I suppose.

Once again LIcoastie your advice proved to be very helpful. Shaniajam, thanks for the input. I am not sure why you are being polygraphed??? My BI never made mention of a poly in my situation. I have done a lot of traveling and have lived all over the country. These investigations and hiring processes are so confusing and weird. If it were up to me, they would put 10 of us in a room with 1 knife and well, you know the rest... LOL Definitely there would be some hardcore cops out there then.. HAHAHA!

Comment

• Yoda you have a roomate?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    GS-11 journeyman pay, non-leo, non 12D retirement.

Basically, they take custody of all the money, property and drugs CBP seizes. They carry firearms much like bank guards carry firearms.
                    It's not subject to a maximum hiring age.

Not a bad gig. Less money overall than the average CBPO makes but much better 'bankers' hours.
                    Not a bag gig is right. They wear the same uniform as CBPOs. Many are ex CBPOs/Customs Inspectors.

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
                      Yoda you have a roomate?
                      No roomies for anyone at this point. There are currently 7 classes running for CBPO, and many other agencies as well.
                      CBPO

Comment

• I hope when I get there I won't have to double up that's good to hear. Is it hotter than hell out there? Lol. Man I'm tired from those vlc. Almost done.

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
                          I hope when I get there I won't have to double up that's good to hear. Is it hotter than hell out there? Lol. Man I'm tired from those vlc. Almost done.
                          They suck, but you have to do them... It's fairly hot, and humid as hell! Can't wait for fall to come in...
                          CBPO

Comment

• Thanks for the info, your a good guy. Hopefully my time will come soon, I will be waiting three years next month! I am all clear in CASS again to. So hopefully I'm next. Good luck in FLETC.

Comment

• Im sorry but you wouldn't know any of their TO's do you. If not dont worry about it, just curious. Have a good one.

Written: 7/31/2008
                              TO: 8/2008
                              TSU: 1/2009

Comment

• So when they hire you they go by your TO date and rating, correct?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7292 users online. 407 members and 6885 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X